Photo

【Official Thread】"Kiss My Lips" Promotions

• Please log in to reply
452 replies to this topic

Poll: "Kiss My Lips" (75 member(s) have cast votes)

Favorite Track On The Album?

1. Kiss My Lips (23 votes [30.67%])

Percentage of vote: 30.67%

2. Who Are You (3 votes [4.00%])

Percentage of vote: 4.00%

3. Smash (3 votes [4.00%])

Percentage of vote: 4.00%

4. Shattered (13 votes [17.33%])

Percentage of vote: 17.33%

5. Fox (4 votes [5.33%])

Percentage of vote: 5.33%

6. Double Jack (1 votes [1.33%])

Percentage of vote: 1.33%

7. Home (4 votes [5.33%])

8. Clockwork (8 votes [10.67%])

Percentage of vote: 10.67%

9. Love and Hate (1 votes [1.33%])

Percentage of vote: 1.33%

10. Green Light (4 votes [5.33%])

11. Hello (7 votes [9.33%])

Percentage of vote: 9.33%

12. Blah (4 votes [5.33%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#421 iDenntity

iDenntity

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 08:48 PM

Yes but unfortunately BoA isn't helping herself :/
Don't get me wrong, I love Kiss My Lips and all but it doesn't show any of her abilities. The coreography is easy like all the girlgroups and she doesn't show any of her vocal skills. That's why some knetizens said that she "downgraded" from Only One.
I know she's not a rookie but she needs to show to the "new" public what she's capable of :(

Even her Sketchbook performances were lacking compared to 2012's performances :'(

I really have to disagree with your comment about how "Kiss My Lips did not show any of her abilities". The choreography was not the best but its because of the type of song that she made. With this song, she is on point with how she channeled her emotions and singing skills onto the song. Her production skills were top notch in my opinion with the mastering, instrumentals, and her voice production. I asked a lot of my friends who produce music and write lyrics and they told me that she did an outstanding job which I totally agree with. Kiss My Lips was meant to be a sultry and sensual song; and she expressed through her lyrics and vocal channeling perfectly what the song was intentionally made for.

She did show the "new" public her potential, but the music has an 80's American sensual funk sound that of course, is not meant for everyone. Especially the korean public, as you can see with their reaction. Also with regards with her Sketchbook performances, having to be requested to sing the same old hits songs AGAIN & AGAIN is kind of tedious, like "NO.1" and "My Name". As a singer and musician, I would be sick and tired of having to sing the same old hits from 10 years back in every concert or live performance, and variety show. The crowd really needs to move on from the old BoA and see/listen to the BoA that is present now.

Edited by iDenntity, 06 June 2015 - 08:50 PM.

#422 2boa4u

2boa4u

mmm... BoA's cute

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 10:46 PM

I'm sad that BoAs feelings are hurt but she's at the point in her career where all she has to do.is release music's she wants to release. I'm pretty sure she has paid her share into sm and she owes them nothing. Some of there current roster would not exist if it had not been for BoA . Kml did do great but it didn't do horrible. It did exactly how most solo acts do in Korea and better than a lot of groups. When it comes to her voice she has been singing non stop for the last 17 years including her training so her voice will wear down a bit but to me she still sounds amazing. The only reason her choreography look light is because she does it so effortless but the moves are actually kindly of hard to pull off when you try them. ImO she did good with this come back it's not her fault that the promotions sucked

#423 rahe

rahe

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 07 June 2015 - 05:51 AM

I really have to disagree with your comment about how "Kiss My Lips did not show any of her abilities". The choreography was not the best but its because of the type of song that she made. With this song, she is on point with how she channeled her emotions and singing skills onto the song. Her production skills were top notch in my opinion with the mastering, instrumentals, and her voice production. I asked a lot of my friends who produce music and write lyrics and they told me that she did an outstanding job which I totally agree with. Kiss My Lips was meant to be a sultry and sensual song; and she expressed through her lyrics and vocal channeling perfectly what the song was intentionally made for.
She did show the "new" public her potential, but the music has an 80's American sensual funk sound that of course, is not meant for everyone. Especially the korean public, as you can see with their reaction. Also with regards with her Sketchbook performances, having to be requested to sing the same old hits songs AGAIN & AGAIN is kind of tedious, like "NO.1" and "My Name". As a singer and musician, I would be sick and tired of having to sing the same old hits from 10 years back in every concert or live performance, and variety show. The crowd really needs to move on from the old BoA and see/listen to the BoA that is present now.

What is a strong coreography for you? BoA doesn't need to be on baggy pants or wearing sneakers to show that she's a killer dancer (Copy & Paste, The Shadow etc) It didn't need to be "hard".
The problem is that the coreography was poorly done imo. The fan feather incorporation was a nice idea but nappytabs didn't know how to pull it off. I can save only a few parts.
I can resume the rest as "BoA looking pretty"

Edited by rahe, 07 June 2015 - 05:58 AM.

#424 wwteng

wwteng

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 07 June 2015 - 06:12 AM

What is a strong coreography for you? BoA doesn't need to be on baggy pants or wearing sneakers to show that she's a killer dancer (Copy & Paste, The Shadow etc) It didn't need to be "hard".
The problem is that the coreography was poorly done imo. The fan feather incorporation was a nice idea but nappytabs didn't know how to pull it off. I can save only a few parts.

I think that would be harder to keep your low register while moving fast. She in fact showing 'S Class' ability of a dance-singer. And.....the moves in fact are not easy. But I think what you mentioned is the choreographer should make it 'look' strong instead of make it 'look' so easy

#425 Ryoga

Ryoga

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 07 June 2015 - 09:51 AM

Are the eng sub for the Crime Scene 2 Episode out yet?! I cant find it anywhere so far.

#426 MOTOWAYohsixfive

MOTOWAYohsixfive

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,960 posts

Posted 07 June 2015 - 12:12 PM

I liked the KML choreography. It's edgy and fits the song. The moves are not easy in the chorus part, either. 

The stuff she used to do in Korea (Girls on Top, MOTO, My Name, Spark) might "look" harder, but they're just more tiring (as in, there's more movement, but the moves are easier to pull off). There's a lot of random jumping around in there... KML is much smoother and actually fits. 

I don't think any one is doubting her dancing, really... (I mean, come on... BoA's best asset is her dancing) 

They just want more ENERGETIC performances, better songs, and better vocals. I've been saying the voice thing for years, and I'm glad she's finally admitted it (I believe she knew it for a while now.. how can she not, it's her own voice). Not sure what she can do about it though because it just seems like a product of overwork. As for being energetic, I don't think people are referring to any of her performances this comeback. She did REALLY well in terms of performing this time around. What people are thinking of is that long period in Japan when she looked like she didn't give a sh*t. It dragged on for YEARS, so I don't think one amazing, but SHORT, comeback will change that. 

#427 Heartbreak

Heartbreak

Who's BoA?

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 June 2015 - 12:30 PM

I liked the KML choreography. It's edgy and fits the song. The moves are not easy in the chorus part, either. 

The stuff she used to do in Korea (Girls on Top, MOTO, My Name, Spark) might "look" harder, but they're just more tiring (as in, there's more movement, but the moves are easier to pull off). There's a lot of random jumping around in there... KML is much smoother and actually fits. 

I don't think any one is doubting her dancing, really... (I mean, come on... BoA's best asset is her dancing) 

They just want more ENERGETIC performances, better songs, and better vocals. I've been saying the voice thing for years, and I'm glad she's finally admitted it (I believe she knew it for a while now.. how can she not, it's her own voice). Not sure what she can do about it though because it just seems like a product of overwork. As for being energetic, I don't think people are referring to any of her performances this comeback. She did REALLY well in terms of performing this time around. What people are thinking of is that long period in Japan when she looked like she didn't give a sh*t. It dragged on for YEARS, so I don't think one amazing, but SHORT, comeback will change that. 

What did she say about this? And when/where?

I pretty much agree with everything you said

#428 iDenntity

iDenntity

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 08:22 AM

Hahas well a strong choreography really depends on the individual and how he/she conceptualizes a strong choreography to be. I've done hip hop in the past and for some of the easier looking choreography, it was actually extremely difficult to do.

Like I mentioned previously, the choreography of Kiss My Lips is very feminine, seductive, and sultry because of the lyrics. When someone tells you to "COME AND KISS MY LIPS", you would not want to show them brute strength and show that you can kick their butt with your strength. Instead you would want to invite them in a subtle and sultry way. I think the choreography went very well with her lyrics and she still maintained class and elegance, and I am pretty sure that was the intention of Nappytabs when they created the choreography.

When BoA did "Girls On Top", she had to incorporate a choreography that showed female strength and empowerment because the lyrics were about proving that women can be on top too with their strength! So I think a good choreography is one that can express and translate the lyrics into a visual (dance).

#429 keepsgettinbetter

keepsgettinbetter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 11:51 AM

Oof.

BoA was asked what is most difficult while being in the music profession. She answered that these days, she has feelings of not being very satisfied with her voice. She feels that her voice is lacking at times. She was then asked what kind of voice she would like to have.

BoA said her voice may be recognizable to many people. Like you hear a bit of her singing and can immediately recognize that this is BoA. Because of that and because people may hear her sing a variety of music (whether it be Korean, Japanese, etc.) she thinks people would be bored by her voice. Especially because the discography has become a bit overwhelming with her having been active in more than one country.

She also mentioned that these days she gets very disappointed after performances because people comment that "Oh, back in the day, everything sounded so powerful. BoA's gotten older now." She compared it to being an athlete saying that it can't be the same as in the beginning of her career. She's also a bit mystified/disappointed by the comments that say she isn't giving her all in her performances. She feels she is giving her all. She said she still gets really tense/nervous. BoA said it's very important to her that with all performances that she gives it her all. 

--- 

Another part that kind of made me sad is that Bae Chul-soo was saying how she did really well in Japan - had a lot of #1 albums and also did really well in Korea. He said she is still one of the best. BoA is thankful, but she was hesitant. He asked her, "Right now you aren't?" BoA said, "Right now, I am not the best." 

The rest of the interview wasn't any new information really. BoA kind of hinted that there may be a concert in the works, but nothing she can announce just yet.

That's so sad. It reminds me of that period where she admitted she'd lost her passion for music. She seems a little defeated, which is understandable considering she's so involved in her music now, and yet it's simply not selling. I hope the negativity and lack of extreme success doesn't get her down.

#430 rahe

rahe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 12:24 PM

Hahas well a strong choreography really depends on the individual and how he/she conceptualizes a strong choreography to be. I've done hip hop in the past and for some of the easier looking choreography, it was actually extremely difficult to do.
Like I mentioned previously, the choreography of Kiss My Lips is very feminine, seductive, and sultry because of the lyrics. When someone tells you to "COME AND KISS MY LIPS", you would not want to show them brute strength and show that you can kick their butt with your strength. Instead you would want to invite them in a subtle and sultry way. I think the choreography went very well with her lyrics and she still maintained class and elegance, and I am pretty sure that was the intention of Nappytabs when they created the choreography.
When BoA did "Girls On Top", she had to incorporate a choreography that showed female strength and empowerment because the lyrics were about proving that women can be on top too with their strength! So I think a good choreography is one that can express and translate the lyrics into a visual (dance).

Nice :) I took hip-hop and ballet classes too since I was 7 years old, and then stopped at 17 and I agree. Some coreographies may look easy but they're actually pretty tiring and I think it applies to some of the fan feathers parts on KML's coreography BUT the coreography looks pretty bad elaborated overall. It's not about kicking asses or smh. The thing is that most of the time BoA just walks around the stage doing nothing while her backdancers tries to do something with the feathers (+the female dancers are always out of sync, this bothers me a bit). Nappytabs really didn't know how to incorporate the fan feathers imo I only save the intro and this part.

bukKf1l.jpg
cr: idpeace-a.tumblr.com

They even cut some of those "walking around" parts in the music video to show some shots of her face. If it wasn't for BoA's stage presence, the performance would be very boring.
Also, you have to remember that the "new" public is younger. BoA needs to kick ass again if she wants(and she DO want) to be recognized by the public again.
Spoiler

#431 BakoA

BakoA

mmm... BoA's cute

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 02:39 PM

Eng Subs of her Crime Scene episode is out.

http://www.dailymoti...-1-2_videogames

#432 wwteng

wwteng

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 03:26 PM

Nice :) I took hip-hop and ballet classes too since I was 7 years old, and then stopped at 17 and I agree. Some coreographies may look easy but they're actually pretty tiring and I think it applies to some of the fan feathers parts on KML's coreography BUT the coreography looks pretty bad elaborated overall. It's not about kicking asses or smh. The thing is that most of the time BoA just walks around the stage doing nothing while her backdancers tries to do something with the feathers (+the female dancers are always out of sync, this bothers me a bit). Nappytabs really didn't know how to incorporate the fan feathers imo I only save the intro and this part.

bukKf1l.jpg
cr: idpeace-a.tumblr.com

They even cut some of those "walking around" parts in the music video to show some shots of her face. If it wasn't for BoA's stage presence, the performance would be very boring.
Also, you have to remember that the "new" public is younger. BoA needs to kick ass again if she wants(and she DO want) to be recognized by the public again.

Spoiler

The chosing of feather concept (very big feather) has already restricted the movement of the dancers, including BoA herself. I took ballet class when small and turn to chinese contemporary on 21 year-old and I know how this fan things going to work on stage. 

Firstly the size of the feather is too big and it eat up all the space of the dancer, and therefore their movement are restricted. And.....this feather is not easy to be handled because if your arms are not strong enough, it would not be straight and the end of the feather would not go with your body movement.

Yes, BoA has just walked around in the beginning because her space also been eaten up by all this feather and this feather is really testing performer's stage presence because audience tend to look only the feathers and not you. In terms of that, she has done a very great job.

#433 bakal3xs

bakal3xs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 847 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 03:34 PM

I think she really played well in crime scene n she wasn't off compare to running man. She got much better for tv show, maybe becoz she loves crime scene ha

#434 rahe

rahe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 04:22 PM

The chosing of feather concept (very big feather) has already restricted the movement of the dancers, including BoA herself. I took ballet class when small and turn to chinese contemporary on 21 year-old and I know how this fan things going to work on stage.

Firstly the size of the feather is too big and it eat up all the space of the dancer, and therefore their movement are restricted. And.....this feather is not easy to be handled because if your arms are not strong enough, it would not be straight and the end of the feather would not go with your body movement.

Yes, BoA has just walked around in the beginning because her space also been eaten up by all this feather and this feather is really testing performer's stage presence because audience tend to look only the feathers and not you. In terms of that, she has done a very great job.

Ok ok I got it. It's heavy. It's tiring BUT it was nappytabs's job to make it look glorious.
The fan it's not the only problem imo
Some of the moves (without the fan) were very basic and common among girlgroups. It feels like they didn't have much creativity this time.

Edited by rahe, 08 June 2015 - 04:25 PM.

#435 MOTOWAYohsixfive

MOTOWAYohsixfive

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,960 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 06:12 PM

What did she say about this? And when/where?

I pretty much agree with everything you said

"BoA was asked what is most difficult while being in the music profession. She answered that these days, she has feelings of not being very satisfied with her voice. She feels that her voice is lacking at times."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users