@shineejongkey96 SM has exo who are pretty much the kings of lipsync lol. BoA has lipsynced a bunch of times in her career especially when it was more acceptable during her earlier debut days, to say she has never lipsynced is farfetched.
Regarding the video you posted, as @Kowan stated, pre-recorded vocals are still recognized, but they can still be removed when an MR is done correctly.
@wwteng video wise they may have mixed up various shots of the two separate takes of the performance, but the bgm used is still pre-recorded, there's absolutely no give to her voice or clear distinction between her voice and track compared to when she does sing live.
@2boamystar "KML" is slightly trickier to tell, but it's obvious that "FOX" is lipsynced.
@ShiroiChanUK similar to what @~yume~ said. BoA did lipsynce her first week for comeback stages for "only one", but the following weeks after she used a combination of both (lipsync+live). She lipsynced the parts where she got up onto her dancers back and the couple dance, but the other parts were sung live.
The reactions are not so good, why did the reporter have to compare her to Beyonce?
1. [+444, -44] Honestly, her title track doesn't live up to 'Only One' and the stage itself was below average..
2. [+428, -24] BoA should've just sang live ã…œã…œ lip syncing is so awkward for her ã…œã…œ
3. [+386, -42] I was really looking forward to this but the stage looked so outdated;;;
4. [+43, -10] I know she's a 15 year veteran so she wants more creative control with composing her entire album and everything but I think she should've gotten her title track from a professional. I've always enjoyed her songs and performances but this new song has no climax. It's just a repetition of 'kiss my lips' and BoA acting so fatally sexy; It would've been better if she released something like 'My Name' or 'Lose Your Mind'... and BoA's short so her outfit concept doesn't match her and doesn't look sexy at all;
5. [+39, -11] She should've gotten her song from a professional.. the song has no impact.
6. [+34, -12] Why 100% lip sync... and if you're going to lip sync at all, don't make it so awkward. I thought I was watching a dancer the whole time.
7. [+34, -17] Just going to put it out coldly... this is not good!!
8. [+33, -12] The song's bad... I wish she did something more exciting like 'My Name'
9. [+26, -15] This isn't an issue of her lip syncing or live... it just feels like she's downgraded overall. Her title track doesn't even sound like a title track and although I like BoA's songs, you have to admit that her vocal color gets tiring fast... overall, this is a downgrade from 'Only One'.
10. [+25, -12] BoA should stick to promoting songs that SM gives her instead of composing her own... her song's alright but there's nothing public friendly about it.
Edited by superlita, 15 May 2015 - 10:24 AM.