Photo

【Official Thread】"Kiss My Lips" Promotions

• Please log in to reply
452 replies to this topic

Poll: "Kiss My Lips" (75 member(s) have cast votes)

Favorite Track On The Album?

1. Kiss My Lips (23 votes [30.67%])

Percentage of vote: 30.67%

2. Who Are You (3 votes [4.00%])

Percentage of vote: 4.00%

3. Smash (3 votes [4.00%])

Percentage of vote: 4.00%

4. Shattered (13 votes [17.33%])

Percentage of vote: 17.33%

5. Fox (4 votes [5.33%])

Percentage of vote: 5.33%

6. Double Jack (1 votes [1.33%])

Percentage of vote: 1.33%

7. Home (4 votes [5.33%])

8. Clockwork (8 votes [10.67%])

Percentage of vote: 10.67%

9. Love and Hate (1 votes [1.33%])

Percentage of vote: 1.33%

10. Green Light (4 votes [5.33%])

11. Hello (7 votes [9.33%])

Percentage of vote: 9.33%

12. Blah (4 votes [5.33%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 wwteng

wwteng

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 06:52 AM

So tomorrow Music Core is 4pm Korean Time which means 3pm in my country.....Kekeke be made sure back home on time to watch it first hand!!!!!!

** I hope the choreo for tomorrow would be more powerful, although I love feminine BoA too but sometime I miss BoAJackson also~~~~~~

Edited by wwteng, 15 May 2015 - 07:00 AM.

#32 2boamystar

2boamystar

Always be BoA's fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 07:27 AM

So tomorrow Music Core is 4pm Korean Time which means 3pm in my country.....Kekeke be made sure back home on time to watch it first hand!!!!!!

** I hope the choreo for tomorrow would be more powerful, although I love feminine BoA too but sometime I miss BoAJackson also~~~~~~

Are you from Singapore? :) I am a BoA's fan from Singapore too!

#33 wwteng

wwteng

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 07:30 AM

I am from your neighbour country Malaysia

#34 Angel X

Angel X

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 07:33 AM

I feel like Fox is something similar to Gyappu Ni yarareta!/Neko Love...don't get me wrong I enjoy it overall, but BoA has an obvious soft spot for cutesy songs at times, LOL.

Haha funny, I had the same feeling. But it's not surprising since she wrote both of those songs too! :)

#35 Kowan

Kowan

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 07:35 AM

BoA has never lip-synced before and this is the MR Removed video of Kiss My Lips today at Music Bank.  . SMTOWN's artistes good point is that they don't lip-sync, which is why sometimes artistes is having a hard time because its really a big feat to dance while singing as well 

She lipsynced and the broadcasted version was her dancing to a pre-recorded track which is why simple MR removal tools will still recognize the vocals as live vocals. This is a tactic used by SM on all of their artists. BoA did the same with her Only One performances.

#36 Kwcty6888

Kwcty6888

My family just disowned me!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,355 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 07:52 AM

Such off topic but I'm visiting Singapore in a week HAHA.

meanwhile currently in china so can't access YouTube ;_; will find performances on youku in the morning!

I really hope she performs on Sketchbook though! It's my favorite show to watch her on

#37 ShiroiChanUK

ShiroiChanUK

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,353 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 08:34 AM

She lipsynced and the broadcasted version was her dancing to a pre-recorded track which is why simple MR removal tools will still recognize the vocals as live vocals. This is a tactic used by SM on all of their artists. BoA did the same with her Only One performances.

Wait, are you saying that all of BoA's performances of Only One were lip synced? Apart from the one where she just sat there and sang it of course?

I don't understand how MR removes work and how you can tell the difference between pre-recorded and live vocals especially when the pre-recorded vocals are weak.

#38 ~yume~

~yume~

mmm... BoA's cute

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 08:49 AM

Wait, are you saying that all of BoA's performances of Only One were lip synced? Apart from the one where she just sat there and sang it of course?

I don't understand how MR removes work and how you can tell the difference between pre-recorded and live vocals especially when the pre-recorded vocals are weak.

I watched almost every performance during the Only One era and I'm pretty sure she always lip syncs the couple dance. But I can tell she sings everything else so she only lip syncs the couple dance each time.

#39 superlita

superlita

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,225 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 10:05 AM

@shineejongkey96 SM has exo who are pretty much the kings of lipsync lol. BoA has lipsynced a bunch of times in her career especially when it was more acceptable during her earlier debut days, to say she has never lipsynced is farfetched.

Regarding the video you posted, as @Kowan stated, pre-recorded vocals are still recognized, but they can still be removed when an MR is done correctly.

@wwteng video wise they may have mixed up various shots of the two separate takes of the performance, but the bgm used is still pre-recorded, there's absolutely no give to her voice or clear distinction between her voice and track compared to when she does sing live.

@2boamystar "KML" is slightly trickier to tell, but it's obvious that "FOX" is lipsynced.

@ShiroiChanUK similar to what @~yume~ said. BoA did lipsynce her first week for comeback stages for "only one", but the following weeks after she used a combination of both (lipsync+live). She lipsynced the parts where she got up onto her dancers back and the couple dance, but the other parts were sung live.

The reactions are not so good, why did the reporter have to compare her to Beyonce?

1. [+444, -44] Honestly, her title track doesn't live up to 'Only One' and the stage itself was below average..

2. [+428, -24] BoA should've just sang live ㅜㅜ lip syncing is so awkward for her ㅜㅜ

3. [+386, -42] I was really looking forward to this but the stage looked so outdated;;;

4. [+43, -10] I know she's a 15 year veteran so she wants more creative control with composing her entire album and everything but I think she should've gotten her title track from a professional. I've always enjoyed her songs and performances but this new song has no climax. It's just a repetition of 'kiss my lips' and BoA acting so fatally sexy; It would've been better if she released something like 'My Name' or 'Lose Your Mind'... and BoA's short so her outfit concept doesn't match her and doesn't look sexy at all;

5. [+39, -11] She should've gotten her song from a professional.. the song has no impact.

6. [+34, -12] Why 100% lip sync... and if you're going to lip sync at all, don't make it so awkward. I thought I was watching a dancer the whole time.

7. [+34, -17] Just going to put it out coldly... this is not good!!

8. [+33, -12] The song's bad... I wish she did something more exciting like 'My Name'

9. [+26, -15] This isn't an issue of her lip syncing or live... it just feels like she's downgraded overall. Her title track doesn't even sound like a title track and although I like BoA's songs, you have to admit that her vocal color gets tiring fast... overall, this is a downgrade from 'Only One'.

10. [+25, -12] BoA should stick to promoting songs that SM gives her instead of composing her own... her song's alright but there's nothing public friendly about it.

Edited by superlita, 15 May 2015 - 10:24 AM.

#40 anime811

anime811

My family just disowned me!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,889 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 10:26 AM

Oh sad :( The comments.... Honestly I think BoA should've chosen another song from her album as title. I don't mind KML at all but I do agree its not the strongest. Shatter or Clockwork I think are pretty strong :'( 

Ah.....I can only imagine how BoA must be feeling though if she saw these comments ><

Edited by anime811, 15 May 2015 - 10:26 AM.

#41 rahe

rahe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 11:01 AM

Oh sad :( The comments.... Honestly I think BoA should've chosen another song from her album as title. I don't mind KML at all but I do agree its not the strongest. Shatter or Clockwork I think are pretty strong :'( 

Ah.....I can only imagine how BoA must be feeling though if she saw these comments ><

Tbh I don't like KML neither. I wish she could change her title track or at least release a repackaged album to make up for it

#42 Baco__

Baco__

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 11:11 AM

I don't think clockwork would be a wise choice these days, just listen to kpop..... The problem is, to appeal to a younger audience, or you go with aegyo or with a fierce edm zzzzzzzzz. Of all the tracks the most radio appealing, IMHO, is Smash, but I still prefer Clockwork to be next single, if there's one haha and, well, she's 30 years old, you know... there's no space for tracks like my name anymore, I think (although I love it <3)

#43 JustinPerky

JustinPerky

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 11:26 AM

imagine how shitty must she be feeling reading these comments. well, looks like we're not getting any new releases after this any time soon, guys. 

Edited by JustinPerky, 15 May 2015 - 11:27 AM.

#44 rahe

rahe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 11:30 AM

imagine how shitty must she be feeling reading these comments. well, looks like we're not getting any new releases after this any time soon, guys.

I hope you're wrong. I waited for almost 3 years to see BoA on korean stage again just to be disappointed by the title track....
I REALLY wish she would release a repackaged album

Edited by rahe, 15 May 2015 - 11:31 AM.

#45 Kowan

Kowan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 11:34 AM

Those comments are expected and I hope this pushes her and SM to promote Who are you more now. The comments would have been the opposite if they did so.

Also I don't know if they knew but KML is not solely composed by BoA. It's from many different composers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users