254 replies to this topic

#241 Ryoga

Ryoga

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 11:32 AM

I think SM wants to have someone profitable equal to IU these days. They know BoA is doing her own thing so they are using Taeyeon, cause she has all the snsd and male fans. Its another generation. Like Hyori vs. BoA a few years back then. SM spent millions and millions on BoA during her career.

#242 Baco__

Baco__

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 01:46 PM

It's always like this, rahe. We, from overseas (and worse, as far as America (continent) and Europe) we can't actually feel what Koreans are expecting or liking about their music. So, yes, I can say that from an intl fan of kpop point of view, it seemed that his appearance caught the public's eyes haha but you're right about that "selling better than his group" thing.

#243 Mister_Moon_

Mister_Moon_

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 02:06 PM

^ Rain had 9 tours overall and 4 in Korea.
His first Korean concert happened 2 years after debuting.

Well... I don't know BoA personally so I can't agree or disagree with this. But the fact that she was hurted by Kiss Mi Lips' charting makes me think otherwise.

And when was that? 2005. Where was BoA? Being more succesful in Japan and releasing her last korean album before going on hiatus. You're missing a lot of details. Idols tours weren't popular, Rain's tour had two korean shows and the others were in other asian countries... BoA was supposed to make a japanese tour to support her next album. Would you expect her to make 2 tours a year? LOL.

#244 bakal3xs

bakal3xs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 09:24 PM

Well i think they care coz before she didnt like (?) Didn't need (?) To go on tv show but it seem now they realise she needs it. Problem is that they dont do it that well (but maybe they cant choose) she goes on tv show then disappear then suddenly tv show then disappear then album then silence then tv show.. lol
If people see her a lot on tv it ll help her a lot. I guess it is possible if u look at hong seok chul after he came out it was like black out but now u can see him everywhere on tv for every show. Lol

#245 2boamystar

2boamystar

Always be BoA's fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,824 posts

Posted 11 October 2015 - 03:38 AM

To be honest guys, BoA passed her peak and she entered the legendary league already. She is still being very consistent with her music release, activities and appearances. She has fan meetings, tours, new singles and albums as well as more shows participation. I am really happy as a fan, really, knowing that BoA is almost 30 yo and having 15 years of career. These things that she is doing cannot be taken for granted. For many singers out there, they release a lot fewer stuffs than BoA especially after long years of career, they just don't really care and want to relax. BoA, on the other hand, is still working hard and producing stuffs for us to enjoy.

But yes, low sales is sad. Unfair promotion is sad, but there is little that we can do about it, so why do we need to argue or rant? Can you make other people buy her CDs when they dont like? No Can you make SM promote BoA the way you want it to be? No. Actually, honestly, I am happy with all the promotions she got so far from SM. 

Edited by 2boamystar, 11 October 2015 - 03:39 AM.

#246 bakal3xs

bakal3xs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 01:31 PM

Judt saw taeyeon gonna have her own reality program about her daily life n the making of her album lol is she SM new main solo artist? Haha

#247 wwteng

wwteng

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 03:32 PM

Judt saw taeyeon gonna have her own reality program about her daily life n the making of her album lol is she SM new main solo artist? Haha

Yes....I'm also starting to be pissed off by this.....

Edited by wwteng, 12 October 2015 - 04:53 PM.

#248 moonrabbit

moonrabbit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 06:21 PM

SM stink at promoting their solo artists who aren't part of a group. Zhang Li Yin and J-min comes to mind.

Edited by YourSonnetMyLove, 12 October 2015 - 06:24 PM.

#249 *-::Kwon Brian::-*

*-::Kwon Brian::-*

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 07:31 PM

@rahe: By "old for Kpop" i meant she has been in Kpop for 15 years. Most of her previous fans have moved on with their life. She can't gain a lot new fans because their taste is for idol group. Also, I'm pretty sure BoA is doing better than Hyori in term of physical sale and maybe digital (i will educate myself about this). But anyway, i'm pretty sure BoA is more popular than Hyori until now. IU is quite new for Kpop and her songs are more about "lovely life, love, cuteness etc" which is suitable for Korean people" whereas BoA's work is more about her personality and for her fans. So now, SM spends more money on Tae Yeon because she can beat IU and because she has to follow the company (BoA doesn't, i guess, she can do whatever she wants hahahaa). Don't hate Tae Yeon for that, don't blame SM as well because at the end of the day, SM is a company, they have shareholders so they want profits. 

Anyway, i love SNSD (i really do hahaha) but whenever they have solo member debut, i just simply enjoy but can't support her hahaha. Tae Yeon's mini album is awesome but BoA is still better :D 

My only hope now is that SM and BoA will agree to attend to year-end-shows ... I really want BoA to have another bad-ass performance like Copy & Paste & Hurricane Venus back in 2010. 

#250 bakal3xs

bakal3xs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 01:57 AM

But she need to release more stuff. People start to be interested to her then silence fpr 2 or 3years before new stuff.. its way too long people lost interest..

#251 Kwcty6888

Kwcty6888

My family just disowned me!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,250 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 04:56 PM

People say she needs to release more material but I'd much rather she release quality songs like she did in the last album than rush to release one every year.

Also I'm really tired of people referencing BoA to Namie Amuro. Namie Amuro is such a clear exception to otherwise a decline in solo acts across the board. If you exclude Namie, this kind of decline is not abnormal. Even the great Hamasaki Ayumi is selling only a fraction of what she was a few years ago. And people can argue that Hikki is still popular but her last compilation didn't sell that well relatively either.

#252 *-::Kwon Brian::-*

*-::Kwon Brian::-*

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 06:21 PM

People say she needs to release more material but I'd much rather she release quality songs like she did in the last album than rush to release one every year.

Also I'm really tired of people referencing BoA to Namie Amuro. Namie Amuro is such a clear exception to otherwise a decline in solo acts across the board. If you exclude Namie, this kind of decline is not abnormal. Even the great Hamasaki Ayumi is selling only a fraction of what she was a few years ago. And people can argue that Hikki is still popular but her last compilation didn't sell that well relatively either.

Hahaha yes i am aware that my Ayumi sell keeps declining hahaha. That's why i don't really care about BoA's sell a lot because if she sells 15k copies, that means she still has 15 thousand fans who are enjoying and supporting her work. 

I read on Wikipedia that Kiss my lips has sold more than 15k so far right ? I'm pretty happy with that because it's stick with her 15th Anniversary hahaha. If not, i will keep hoping that i will win lottery someday and purchase more KML albums to make it up to 15k copies mark hahahaha

#253 wwteng

wwteng

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 03:46 AM

I studied Namie's discography, she has experienced her down time also in between 1998 ~ 2008 (wiki's resources), her lowest album sales was 220k in year 2003 (i think it should be considered low in that era), her persistence for 10 years have won her the crown as queen of jpop.

Maybe my BoA not been granted the same 'luck' (yes, despite of talent, I think there is necessary for having the 'luck' factor to become popular), I wish she can be persistence in producing music and stage performing until the end of her life.

#254 bakal3xs

bakal3xs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 09:29 AM

IU released hee new album n all her songs (7 in the album) r dominating the top 7 in melon lol like wtf hahaha just listened to 1 song I think nice. But it feel like korean just listen/buy when the artist is trendy. She could release same song as BoA im sure would be on top. Lol

#255 ShiroiChanUK

ShiroiChanUK

Caddie In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,252 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 06:08 PM

Actually IU isn't just another "it" girl. She's popular because people genuinely fell in love with her style of music and songwriting.

Edit: I'm really happy about this tbh. IU's style of music is one very much unappreciated in popular music so it's nice to see it dominating charts.

Edited by ShiroiChanUK, 23 October 2015 - 06:32 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Hanteo, Sales, Kiss my Lips, album, Gaon chart

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users