219 replies to this topic

#166 vartan

vartan

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 06:28 AM

Well. It a generation of new artist. Boa debut at a young age and at different generation.

#167 BoAMyJewel

BoAMyJewel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 09:48 AM

BoA needs a good hit song with decent promotion, i think ive stated it before but MASAYUME CHASING could be it, but they did a really bad work with the promotion timing and everything

#168 pandaaa7

pandaaa7

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 05:53 PM

They don't know Utada and Namie? What? lol

Yeaaaaa lol I was surprised. High schoolers more often know Namie and Utada but middle schoolers definitely don't. In Utada's case she hasn't released new music in 6 years (I can't believe it's been that long) and that's basically the later half of a 6th graders life haha So it's understandable why middle schoolers don't know Utada. Good thing she's coming out with new music soon though. I also live in the country side so exposure to media and pop culture is very different for these kids compared to the ones living in Tokyo and near there

Edited by pandaaa7, 20 December 2015 - 05:59 PM.

#169 Baco__

Baco__

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 07:50 PM

What? Six years already? It can't be! Gosh am I that old? Must I say I listen to Utada EVERY F* DAY? HAHHA I just can't get enough haha

#170 moonrabbit

moonrabbit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 21 December 2015 - 08:28 AM

I don't follow much of the newer Japanese artists so Namie, Ayumi, BoA and Utada are some of the ones I listen to the most.

#171 Angel X

Angel X

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 21 December 2015 - 10:48 AM

^Me too! I'm still stuck in the golden J-Pop age with artists and bands that released in the late 90s early 2000s! :)

BoA was my first J-Pop Love actually <3

#172 BoAFriend2

BoAFriend2

Who's BoA?

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 December 2015 - 08:18 PM

When is that performance for "Lookbook" gonna air? I actually didn't care for this song at all, but I realized that the dance routine is actually pretty sick...wanna see it in action.

#173 Ryoga

Ryoga

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 21 December 2015 - 11:01 PM

guess on the 25th december.. and maybe another one on music station if its not meri kuri

#174 2boamystar

2boamystar

Always be BoA's fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 07:20 AM

what show is that? I mean the show where BoA performed Lookbook

#175 ShiroiChanUK

ShiroiChanUK

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 07:58 AM

When is that performance for "Lookbook" gonna air? I actually didn't care for this song at all, but I realized that the dance routine is actually pretty sick...wanna see it in action.

guess on the 25th december.. and maybe another one on music station if its not meri kuri

Not likely. Despite their success over the past few years Morning Musume, the group who are performing during the same episode as BoA haven't been invited to Music Station for years.

Edited by ShiroiChanUK, 22 December 2015 - 08:03 AM.

#176 usako

usako

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 08:09 AM

Oh NO!!!! BoA will not perf lookbook but Merikuri again at Music Station T________T
https://twitter.com/...060772299907073

#177 Angel X

Angel X

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 08:18 AM

^It's okay. We're getting at least one Lookbook performance on Rythem Buzz.

Although fans might not be very pleased with this decision, but it's only going to reinforce Meri Kuri's status as an iconic Winter Song in Japan. And that's good in the long run. So, expect to see a Meri Kuri performance -once again- in 10 years (if BoA is still active)!

#178 travoltajc

travoltajc

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 10:44 PM

Although fans might not be very pleased with this decision, but it's only going to reinforce Meri Kuri's status as an iconic Winter Song in Japan. And that's good in the long run. So, expect to see a Meri Kuri performance -once again- in 10 years (if BoA is still active)!

I flew to Japan from Canada on ANA airlines and they had Meri Kuri on board in their audio selections. It was inside a CD album called J-Pop Winter Songs.

Yes, Meri Kuri is pretty iconic.

#179 Mashimaro-san

Mashimaro-san

VIVID

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 02:31 AM

Lookbook charted at #18 on Oricon Weekly, flopped.

I rarely hear about BoA these days in J-pop, she comes out of nowhere every Christmas to sing Meri Kuri and disappears again for a year. There are successful J-pop soloists active right now like Kana Nishino, JUJU, Shiina Ringo and Namie Amuro. Koda Kumi is kind of flopping. Utada is on hiatus, she had a child this year and is married to an Italian man. Ayumi Hamasaki is flopping and is busy with her American husband, she got divorced from her Austrian husband. I'm also part of the old-school J-pop fans, and in some Asian airlines you can hear VALENTI or Meri Kuri on the audio selections, BoA's old J-pop songs are available in Cathay Pacific last time I checked. 

Edited by Mashimaro-san, 23 December 2015 - 02:43 AM.

#180 ShiroiChanUK

ShiroiChanUK

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 03:43 AM

Not only does BoA need solid releases and a lot of promotion her activities need to be consistent like during her golden years, she can't keep pulling the disappearing act.

Lookbook sold just over 6,000 copies and her concert didn't even sell out. According to fan accounts unsold tickets were actually being sold at the door on the day of the concert.

SM, Avex and BoA seriously need to get it together. In Korea BoA's getting to the point where she may as well be known as that one singer with that one hit and in Japan she may as well be known as that one singer with that one Christmas song.

Edited by ShiroiChanUK, 23 December 2015 - 03:46 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users