#1 BoAddict

BoAddict

I know BoA*

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 10:48 PM

POPULAR

Greetings to all fellow BoA fans! Since this is my first post on boajjang, I'll quickly introduce myself.

I am a former subber from the now disbanded BoAnoss, which many of you may have heard of us. While I still have been paying close attention to our BoA's music activities after group's disbandment, I unfortunately haven't been able to keep up with many of her TV appearances until recently I came across her appearance on Hidden Singer. Seeing her performances and guessing which one is BoA on this show really awakened my inner BoA fan! However, I could not find English subbed version of this anywhere except for the Suho-cut parts, which was kinda disappointing to find out. That is why I have decided to take on this project to sub this episode and share it with everyone!

I cannot promise on when can I finish this project as this is will be the first time I will be working on an entire episode by myself, so I ask of everyone please be patient, and I will try to update my progress as frequently as I can. If anyone wants to help me out, I will greatly appreciate it!

Thank you, and Happy New Year to all fellow BoA fans!

P.S. This is actually my first time creating a forum topic, so if I did not follow the guidelines properly, please let me know! Thanks!

Update (2016.05.04)

Here's the link everyone has been waiting for: https://drive.google...aEFDY1FDTGR0eEU (updated 2016.05.09)

Here is a folder for everyone who prefers to download them in smaller parts and re-combine them afterwards: https://drive.google...eTRyelFSWjZnV1E

I would like a moment to thank everyone here for being very patient with me. There were many times I thought about stopping and see if anyone were to pick up where I left off, but thinking back to you guys and how special this episode is for all of BoA's fans, I was able to finish this. Thank you to everyone who anticipated this video till the very end! If there is any video in the future that I think is worth subbing again, I will let everyone know. Until then, please enjoy the video! And I will be very grateful if you can share this video with your friends and family who are BoA's fans as well :)

P.S. If anyone catches a typo or timing issue, can you please reply in this thread and let me know around what time in the video is the error, and I will fix it a.s.a.p. :D

Edited by BoAddict, 09 May 2016 - 08:34 AM.

#2 OneLuv

OneLuv

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 11:31 PM

Welcome to Boajjang! I can't thank you enough for doing this sub. I've watch the episode not knowing what was being said and could not find any English subs anywhere. If only I could help but I don't speak korean. Looking forward to your work.

#3 Ryoga

Ryoga

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 05:31 AM

BoAddict welcome to this forum! Im glad to see more people enjoying BoA's music. Its sad to never really find any new translated BoA videos, so thank you very much for putting a lot of effort and time in this subbing project :) Im excited already

Edited by Ryoga, 02 January 2016 - 05:32 AM.

#4 Angel X

Angel X

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 05:50 AM

OMG I loooooved your works! I was so sad when BoAnoss disbanded!!

I really can't wait for this new project. And hopefully, other ones will follow too! Welcome back :)

#5 BoAddict

BoAddict

I know BoA*

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 11:49 AM

Thank you for everyone who has shown anticipation so far! This will really support me in the long run to get this done as soon as possible. I will try to update my progress before I head to bed tonight (or maybe tomorrow morning lol).

Welcome to Boajjang! I can't thank you enough for doing this sub. I've watch the episode not knowing what was being said and could not find any English subs anywhere. If only I could help but I don't speak korean. Looking forward to your work.

I forgot to mention that I am actually a Chinese translator, so not knowing Korean might not be a problem, but thank you for showing your support!

OMG I loooooved your works! I was so sad when BoAnoss disbanded!!

I really can't wait for this new project. And hopefully, other ones will follow too! Welcome back :)

I can't promise any future projects since only I am working on this, but if I come across any meaningful videos that I want to sub, I will definitely keep everyone posted!

Edited by BoAddict, 02 January 2016 - 11:50 AM.

#6 ShiroiChanUK

ShiroiChanUK

Caddie In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 10:33 PM

Welcome :D

Thank you so much for taking the time to work on this project and for letting us know about it so soon ^-^ Take all the time you need, we really appreciate this ^-^

Happy New Year to you too :D

Edited by ShiroiChanUK, 03 January 2016 - 10:34 PM.

#7 BoAddict

BoAddict

I know BoA*

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 01:17 AM

Hi, everyone! As promised, here's a bit of an update before I head to bed lol. I'm roughly about 15% of the way done translating and timing the video.

And actually I would like everyone's opinion on this matter. Does anyone prefer that I include the lyric translations in the video? The translations shouldn't be much of a problem with all the translations out there, but it may affect how soon I can get it done since there will be more parts I need to time. If most of you prefer that I skip the lyrics, I can always release a second video with the lyrics included (since I'm secretly a perfectionist lol).

#8 ShiroiChanUK

ShiroiChanUK

Caddie In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 02:53 AM

Thanks for the update :D

If you want to include the lyric translations then go for it ^-^ Personally I don't mind either way ^-^

#9 travoltajc

travoltajc

mmm... BoA's cute

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 06:50 PM

Thank you for all your team's hard work at BoAnoss!

Thank you for subbing the Hidden Singer TV performance. I don't understand any Korean but I still watched the show twice, hoping to guess what the audience was saying by body language and tone (obviously that didn't work out well). It was still a very touching performance. I guess that's why her particular performance on this show broke records for TV viewers?

#10 BoAddict

BoAddict

I know BoA*

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 01:02 AM

Hi everyone! A quick update before I go to sleep. I'm roughly 25% of the way done. Hopefully, there won't be too many real life things in the way tomorrow...lol. Anyways, good night!

Thank you for all your team's hard work at BoAnoss!

Thank you for subbing the Hidden Singer TV performance. I don't understand any Korean but I still watched the show twice, hoping to guess what the audience was saying by body language and tone (obviously that didn't work out well). It was still a very touching performance. I guess that's why her particular performance on this show broke records for TV viewers?

I agree the performances were very touching too! Which is kinda why I decided it needs to be brought to everyone because I think this episode can allow us to catch a glimpse of the history BoA's been through!

#11 moonrabbit

moonrabbit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 08:32 AM

Thanks for doing this. It's nice to have current BoA vids subbed.

Edited by YourSonnetMyLove, 18 January 2016 - 07:30 AM.

#12 BoAddict

BoAddict

I know BoA*

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 08:44 PM

Hi, everyone! Another quick update. I'm a bit more than 30% done now. Also though, my classes are going to start again soon, which will definitely affect my progress on this unfortunately  :(. But I promise that I will still be working on it, and I will keep everyone updated at least once a week!

#13 BoAMyJewel

BoAMyJewel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 09:00 PM

Thank you so much, a subber being back might be a good sign that she's regaining her popularity! Can't wait!

#14 celbel

celbel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 11:53 PM

Thank you so much! I cant wait to watch the subbed episode!

#15 BoAddict

BoAddict

I know BoA*

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 11:44 PM

Hi, everyone! I'm roughly done with 35% now. Hopefully I can get it up to 40% by the end of the week!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users