92 replies to this topic

#31 AiLoveBoA

AiLoveBoA

mmm... BoA's cute

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 04:35 PM

I'm a Cantonese speaker myself too! I can definitely relate to your Chinese experiences, since I've pretty much gone through the same thing lol. And who would've thought that I can apply what I learned from my Chinese classes back in high school for the BoA fan community lol. Also, I think it's never too late to learn a new language if you're dedicated enough to it. If this can inspire you, I actually took Japanese courses in college (because of BoA of course lol), and it was definitely hard at first, but in a few years time, I'm actually able to understand a lot of Japanese conversations (mostly anime lol) and I even passed a test that can allow me to apply for jobs in Japan if I want to. Of course, it's still up to you whether you want to polish your Chinese skills or not, but if you do, I trust you can make great improvements!

And here's the link: http://www.bananaido...w.com/8544.html. And just in case anyone wants to know a tip, I installed a plugin for my browser from savefrom.net, which allows me to download the video from the dailymotion source in that link, so I can view the video wherever I am lol.

Haha I think its a tiny bit too late for me to learn another language. While I speak can speak Cantonese, I'm however not very fluent. There are times I'm just speaking Cantonese when I should be speaking in different dialect and I'm just frustrated since I was mainly able to speak Cantonese because of watching Hong Kong dramas. I mainly spoke Chinese when I was little because of grandparents but eventually they moved away and boom I lost the ability to have a proper conversation whenever I get to see them. Having to put in a serious thought how to say such and such when I can't remember how to say in Chinese sucks D:

I've taken 3 years of Mandarin Chinese in high school and a trimester of intermediate Chinese in during my freshmen year of college -- It didn't go so well. The 3 years in high school was basically a repeat of beginners Chinese. I guess because the program was just new for the school that we didn't get to learn much and nobody really wanted to learn because it was basically a blow off class. But, while I really wanted to learn there was nothing at the time that helped with learning Chinese. I just learned basics but I probably forgot what I learn now. I could never get the tones correctly nor remember anyways.

The Chinese course in college was okay, I did make a slight improvement and while taking the course was fast -- I did enjoy how fast things were going but sadly for reasons I wasn't able to take another course for it. While I was able to meet up with someone to help them learn English while they help me with my Chinese from this sort of club where Chinese students who are studying abroad at our university. That didn't go so well because of schedule had some conflicts. Only had a few encounters where I could actually converse in Chinese with someone. Most of my fellow friends who are Chinese can't really speak Cantonese(forgotten) can't converse with me in Chinese ;-;. Perhaps I should start watching Chinese/Taiwanese dramas to slowly learn Chinese again.  

Anyways.. thanks for the link though! I'll take a look over it during the weekend. Lunar New Year is creeping up really close --- Happy early Lunar New Years to everyone XD

#32 travoltajc

travoltajc

mmm... BoA's cute

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 07:50 PM

^ Thanks for the link

I'm native Cantonese speaker too, but I know Mandarin also. I can also read both traditional and simplified Chinese. It really helps when trying to understand Japanese lyrics (Kanji). The irony is that I'm listening to BoA but my Japanese sucks and I know zero Korean.

#33 travoltajc

travoltajc

mmm... BoA's cute

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 03:04 PM

I just rewatched it with the Chinese subs, it almost brought tears to my eyes. The production is really well done. It's like a mini-documentary of BoA's past success and current irreplaceable status as No.1 singer in Korea. On top of that, it was a huge fan appreciation show which probably inspired BoA the most out of all contestants.

#34 BoAddict

BoAddict

I know BoA*

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 12:44 AM

Another 5% this week, bringing it up to be about 55% done lol

I just rewatched it with the Chinese subs, it almost brought tears to my eyes. The production is really well done. It's like a mini-documentary of BoA's past success and current irreplaceable status as No.1 singer in Korea. On top of that, it was a huge fan appreciation show which probably inspired BoA the most out of all contestants.

Yes! This is what inspired me to sub this episode! And don't you think BoA is just adorable here too? lol

#35 BoAddict

BoAddict

I know BoA*

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 11:54 PM

Hi, everyone! I'm sorry that I forgot to update everyone last night, but another 5% is done. I'm sorry that I can only get 5% done each week, but that's all the time I have for now :(. But I have faith that will change very soon, because I will have a week long break coming in about 2 weeks :D. I hope everyone can wait just a little longer, and I promise to be done with this when that break comes along!

#36 ShiroiChanUK

ShiroiChanUK

Caddie In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,245 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 03:03 AM

It's fine! Take your time :) We're all thankful that you're doing this for us and we really don't mind the wait :)

#37 moonrabbit

moonrabbit

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 01:19 PM

Take your time.

#38 usako

usako

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 06:37 PM

Hi, everyone! I'm sorry that I forgot to update everyone last night, but another 5% is done. I'm sorry that I can only get 5% done each week, but that's all the time I have for now :(. But I have faith that will change very soon, because I will have a week long break coming in about 2 weeks :D. I hope everyone can wait just a little longer, and I promise to be done with this when that break comes along!

Thx u so much for sub this show...

#39 BoAddict

BoAddict

I know BoA*

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 04 March 2016 - 01:49 PM

Hi, everyone! I'm so sorry that I haven't updated in a really long while! College and midterms just hasn't been fun at all... lol

While I'm still not quite done with this project yet, I do have some good news I'd like share with everyone. I'm officially on a one week break (yay! lol), and I plan to get this video fully subbed within this week! I hope everyone will look forward to it!

Now time to head back on getting this project done lol

#40 ShiroiChanUK

ShiroiChanUK

Caddie In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,245 posts

Posted 04 March 2016 - 08:16 PM

Awesome! :D Enjoy your break and thanks again for keeping us posted :)

#41 BoA_4ever88

BoA_4ever88

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 02:59 PM

Hi, everyone! I'm so sorry that I haven't updated in a really long while! College and midterms just hasn't been fun at all... lol

While I'm still not quite done with this project yet, I do have some good news I'd like share with everyone. I'm officially on a one week break (yay! lol), and I plan to get this video fully subbed within this week! I hope everyone will look forward to it!

Now time to head back on getting this project done lol

No worries!! So excited for this. Wanted to thank you yet again!! Thanks for the updates!

#42 BoAddict

BoAddict

I know BoA*

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 11:20 PM

Hi everyone. I'm sorry that I couldn't quite finish it this week as I promised (but it is around 90% done now!). The remaining 10% might take a little longer since I need to resume my classes, but I'm almost there, so I hope everyone can bear with me for just a little longer!

Btw, is anyone familiar with any hardsubbing/encoding programs (preferably for Macs)? Back in BoAnoss, I was only responsible for translating and timing the subs, so I never had to encode the subs into the video. Any help/recommendations here would be greatly appreciated!

#43 tvxqBoA1105

tvxqBoA1105

Who's BoA?

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 04:40 AM

It's okay,take your time.
I know that it'll be worth the wait

#44 Tim

Tim

The Boaboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 05:30 AM

Oh welcome! As part as an old member I would like to welcome you to the community! Its great that you're helping out and wanted to let you know that it is very much appreciated!

#45 Haerin

Haerin

mmm... BoA's cute

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 08 April 2016 - 06:57 AM

Hello! Any update about the subbing project? Hehehe. I really miss BoANOSS and I was so happy to see this thread! Hehehe.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users