Photo

So apparently BoA has a new song coming out...

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#1 Kingdom_Angel23

Kingdom_Angel23

Who's BoA?

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 12:53 PM

So I was looking on my Youtube feed, and avex uploaded this from their YT channel:

https://www.youtube....h?v=NwNvSjqe2iQ

It sounds like to me it's an all English song called Make me Complete(which is awesome!) but yeah I had no idea she was releasing another single :D

Thoughts?

Edited by Kingdom_Angel23, 12 January 2016 - 12:53 PM.

#2 OneLuv

OneLuv

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 01:58 PM

Hmm interesting. I'll have to re-listen to see how I really feel about it. Sounds 2000ish. But hey, BoA's English has really improved.

#3 superlita

superlita

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 02:09 PM

^it's very j-pop. I love itt... TT.TT $^$#@! OST perhaps, or is she gearing up for another japanese album release– which was rumored last week?

(edit) BoA's english pronunciation is ace. And as expected, the song is for a drama.

Edited by superlita, 12 January 2016 - 02:15 PM.

#4 Kingdom_Angel23

Kingdom_Angel23

Who's BoA?

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 02:17 PM

^Yeah I thought so too, I've listened to it a few more times since I posted this and it's really grown on me :)

or maybe she's gonna release another English album?(I doubt it but hey I can hope right :D) but I'm glad to see some more new material from her!

#5 celbel

celbel

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 02:20 PM

I had a quick listen to it.. softly at work.. some of the lyrics in the first verse seem a bit off but apart from that it seems like a nice enough song. Nothing amazing, but good for an OST. Will give it another proper listen later today.

And her english pronunciation is 👌. Go BoA!

#6 BoAMyJewel

BoAMyJewel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 05:56 PM

I hate it when its not rhyming, it should be in Japanese instead

But it's a great song!

#7 moonrabbit

moonrabbit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 07:19 PM

The music sounds good. The lyrics is kind of a mouthful though her pronounciation is good. She should sing more songs for soundtracks since she could sing with a lot of emotion.

#8 BoAMyJewel

BoAMyJewel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 07:27 PM

It's so goooodddd i loveeee ittt, but some line need to be modified

#9 superlita

superlita

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 08:15 PM

Some info on the drama, the song should get a lot of traffic if it's prevalent in the drama:

ERIKA SAWAJIRI AND MAYU WATANABE TO PLAY LOVERS IN NEW DRAMA SPECIAL

aramajapan_fuji-tv-ooku-sp-2016-01.jpg

On January 22 and 29, Fuji TV will air a 2-part special historical drama, “Ooku.” The special stars Erika Sawajiri as 2 different Edo-era concubines, a different one in each episode. This drama special is the the first time she’ll be acting in a historical drama. In the first part, “Saikyo no Onna”, Erika will play “Omiyo”, one of Tokugawa Ienari’s concubines that rose through the ranks to reach a high level. In the second part, “Higeki no Shimai”, she’ll play “Ume”, Tokugawa Ienari’s favorite concubine.

AKB48 member Mayu Watanabe will be making her historical drama debut in the first part of “Ooku.” She’ll play a servant named “Oshima.” Her cold personality catches the attention of Erika’s character, and a secret love affair ensues. “Saikyo no Onna” will feature kissing scenes between the women as well as scenes of them lying naked in bed.

cr: aramajapn

BoA Provides Theme Song for Erika Sawajiri’s Drama SP “Ooku”

It has been announced that BoA will be providing the theme song for the two-part Fuji TV Drama Special â€œOoku” starring Erika Sawajiri. The first part, “Saikyo no Onna (Strongest Woman)”, is scheduled to air on January 22, while the second part, â€œHigeki no Shimai (Tragic Sisters)”, will be shown on January 29. Also included in the cast are Mayu Watanabe (AKB Team), Hiroki Narimiya, Itsuji Itao, and Yasuko Hikariura.

The theme song, titled â€œMake Me Complete”, is a ballad and will completely be sung in English. BoA expressed that even though she has produced several songs with English lyrics before, this will be her first time to sing a sad ballad in English. She added that she feels extremely happy and honored to have been able to take this challenge.

(edit)

For you guys who seemed to think the lyrics were awkward, when you first listened to the song, did you read the lyrics to it simultaneously? 

Edited by superlita, 12 January 2016 - 08:30 PM.

#10 robert wright

robert wright

mmm... BoA's cute

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 09:17 PM

"Make Me Complete" sounds really great. BoA sounds so good in English and yet it has a classic J-pop sound as Superlita pointed out. I wonder why the title sound track for a Japanese TV Edo-era historical drama is completely in English, maybe with Japanese subtitles. In a way it reminds me of BoA, a brilliant artist from Korea, leaping over the linguistic barriers and beautifully performing songs in English,Japanese,and Korean for her "Nowness" concerts. Does anyone know yet if BoA wrote the song? Thanks to Kingdom_Angel 23 for posting it. I also hope BoA will be bringing out another English language album eventually to complement sound track work like "Make Me Complete". BoA could probably even sing this wordy post of mine and make it sound good in English as well!

Edited by robert wright, 12 January 2016 - 09:36 PM.

#11 karuno

karuno

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 09:48 PM

lol she said she hasn't sung a sad English ballad before but I would consider her english version of Mamoritai ~White Wishes~  kind of a sad ballad 

#12 travoltajc

travoltajc

mmm... BoA's cute

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 10:40 PM

She hasn't sung a sad English ballad before? Really? NO.

What about "Someone Like You" cover in BoA The Live XMAS 2011 and "Love The Way You Lie" cover in TV show Beautiful Concert? Both were done so well, I actually like BoA's cover more than the original.

#13 BoAMyJewel

BoAMyJewel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 10:49 PM

Yes the lyrics are sad, but some part doesn't rhyme so yeah, but its not a big problem though

#14 bakal3xs

bakal3xs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 685 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 01:16 AM

I really like the song~ but still about OST i like "between heaven and hell" better haha

#15 BoAMyJewel

BoAMyJewel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 02:23 AM

^if you put it that way.... Yeah that song wins by a million miles

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users