#1 AiLoveBoA

AiLoveBoA

mmm... BoA's cute

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 07:05 PM

Hello all :]

It's been a while since I have been "active" on the forums. I wanted to ask everyone who does constantly check the forums -- what motivates you to come back to check for news or whatever it is you do on the site? I mean I know everyone is busy but yeah what makes everyone come back to check the site once in a while? I'm just curious haha.

Here is another question- what makes you forget to check on the site? 

For me, what motivates me to check the website is the current news i.e. the single Avex recently released by BoA. What makes me forget to check on the site is when there is news or when I overlook the website from my favorites toolbar.

#2 ShiroiChanUK

ShiroiChanUK

Caddie In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 04:27 PM

Like you I check for current news but to also interact with fellow fans :)

I forget to check if news is quiet, if I've already read the latest news from other sites like Twitter or if something crops up irl :)

#3 mrsmushroomlee

mrsmushroomlee

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 06:35 PM

What makes me comeback because I honestly think this is the best place for BoA news or anything related to BoA. Plus I love forums <3

#4 superlita

superlita

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 12:10 PM

I always come back due to the fact that this is practically the only international BoA forum left, and it needs to be kept alive. I wasn't super active when I first joined back in 2005, but seeing the forum slowly dye and seeing a bunch of fans leave the fandom was rather depressing, and so I became more active. I started posting more consistently around 2011.

Twitter is probably the best place for BoA news nowadays, but I like the fact the we can openly critique BoA on BoAjjang. I've come across users on twitter who believe we're constantly bashing BoA... lol but, we're being realistic. We don't always love her releases and praise it to high-heaven. There's a lot of unbiased opinions in the forums which i like.

#5 BoA_rocks_in_english

BoA_rocks_in_english

The Unbiased BoA Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,011 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 03:44 PM

Honestly only come back to see if there's any news on BoA, sadly most of the members I talked to have left a long time ago.

#6 hinachan

hinachan

Spending too much time online ^_^

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,467 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 12:25 AM

I come back when I think of BoA, to see if there's any news about her.

I stopped posting as often during the brat-wars, when people got flamed for suggesting that everything BoA does isn't letter-perfect. I don't worship idols, and don't appreciate when people try to force me to. If the mods had stopped the brats from flaming us long-timers, I think a lot more of us would still be here. There's enough drama in real life, without having to put up with it on a forum. :(

#7 ShiroiChanUK

ShiroiChanUK

Caddie In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 03:31 AM

I hate it when things like that happen. Not too long ago a particular gaming forum I'm a member of went through quite the crash shall we say and now it has lost a ton of members. This forum was one of the most active I've ever seen too but now the activity is below mild. I myself haven't posted on said forum for about a year but that has nothing to do with what happened.

I always feel a little sad when really active forums dwindle but in a way I prefer smaller, more quieter forums like this one and Morning Musume BBS because I feel like I can really talk to the other members properly ^^

#8 moonrabbit

moonrabbit

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 12:38 PM

I deleted my twitter and I don't know any other place that talks about BoA as much as this forum.

#9 Baco__

Baco__

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 08:40 PM

I come to this forum to talk about BoA, basically haha and is the place where I feel home in many situations. people were arguing that you can't say she doesn't do a good job or whatever, but I never saw this. I guess the thing is that most of us - the ones who use the forum - still likes what she does now, even if we have our critic's eye over her work. I like most of the opinions shown here, most of the are like mine haha and, well, that's when I access the forum haha <3

#10 celbel

celbel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 02:59 AM

I agree with all the above. I come here for news about BoA and because it's nice to see and talk to other people who are as excited about her releases and love and respect her as an artist as much as I do. I don't always LOVE everything she puts out, but I do for the most part and truly believe she is one of the most talented, yet most underrated artists out there. I come back here whenever I think of BoA, which is dependent on how much other stuff I've got going on I guess.

#11 candice

candice

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 02:26 AM

I don't post much but I come here each time I think of BoA, and yeah, this is the only place still active about her.

#12 moonstarox

moonstarox

Jumping Since No. 1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,634 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 05:01 AM

I believe not only because we all share the same love for BoA, but also the main reason why I go back to a certain forum because of the community. I used to be one of the active members here, and that's basically my reason to logged in almost everyday. It was fun meeting new people from other side of the planet & fangirl all the way. :)

I always come back due to the fact that this is practically the only international BoA forum left, and it needs to be kept alive. I wasn't super active when I first joined back in 2005, but seeing the forum slowly dye and seeing a bunch of fans leave the fandom was rather depressing, and so I became more active. I started posting more consistently around 2011.

Twitter is probably the best place for BoA news nowadays, but I like the fact the we can openly critique BoA on BoAjjang. I've come across users on twitter who believe we're constantly bashing BoA... lol but, we're being realistic. We don't always love her releases and praise it to high-heaven. There's a lot of unbiased opinions in the forums which i like.

Honestly only come back to see if there's any news on BoA, sadly most of the members I talked to have left a long time ago.

^ YES.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users