96 replies to this topic

#31 superlita

superlita

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 10:24 AM

Beenzino's rap though. So good. But they should have added one more chorus near the end. The song is too short

My initial thought as well, way too short.

As an SM Station release I like it, if it were released as a lead single for a new album/mini album that would be another story lol. I love what BoA can do with her voice, it definitely makes the song– it shall be on repeat.

#32 travoltajc

travoltajc

mmm... BoA's cute

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 10:49 AM

By BoA standards, I thought it was just average. (However I don't know any Korean so maybe I'm missing out on something)

I agree it's a bit short. Basically there's not enough of "collaboration" or "singing together". It feels like they walked into a studio at different times and made separate recordings, and the studio just remixed the 2 parts into 1 song. They could've added another minute to what they have now, and have more overlapping/layering parts, or harmony etc with both vocals.

I still prefer J-pop over K-pop :blink:

#33 Angel X

Angel X

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 11:35 AM

The song is just all right. Waiting for next "official" release :)

#34 loveandhonesty

loveandhonesty

I know BoA*

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 12:16 PM

I like it!! Feel it's too short, but that makes me just put it on repeat lol.

#35 OneLuv

OneLuv

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 01:12 PM

I really like this song as well and it does have a Kygo feel to it which I love. Wish the song was longer but I'm just glad it wasn't anything like Who Are You. Waiting for English subtitles so I can read what BoA wrote...

#36 Ryoga

Ryoga

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 01:58 PM

the song is alright, i need to listen to it more... anyways i think its something different from boa and i like it, its still very short and there is something missing in the chorus... a melody or something?!

#37 Kowan

Kowan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 03:06 PM

I love it! It's not as strong as her other tracks but this is so perfect for the summer. It's EDM but public friendly! It just makes you feel all happy and good when you listen to it. Although yeah I agree, it's way too short! I don't want it to end yet and wanted to hear more of Boa and Beenzino exchanging more lines. The lyrics is positive too which is probably why it's charting really high! The song's now no.2 on Melon and rising! 

The song's about to hit the roof!

Edited by Kowan, 16 June 2016 - 03:16 PM.

#38 ShiroiChanUK

ShiroiChanUK

Caddie In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,235 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 03:31 PM

No Matter What currently has an overall charting position of #5 on the real-time chart and has just entered the overall weekly chart at #34!
Source: iChart

All individual charts minus iTunes ^^
Melon - #2
Mnet - #1
Bugs - #1
olleh - #2
Soribada - #1
Genie - #1
Never - #1
Monkey3 - #9

Edited by ShiroiChanUK, 16 June 2016 - 04:04 PM.

#39 Kowan

Kowan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 03:42 PM

No Matter What currently has an overall charting position of #4 on the real-time chart and has just entered the overall weekly chart at #34!
Source: iChart

When you check the site itself, the song's no.5 because they're showing that it's not charting on Bugs! It's no.1 on Bugs. lol http://www.bugs.co.kr/

jt1ousy.jpg

Edited by Kowan, 16 June 2016 - 03:44 PM.

#40 ShiroiChanUK

ShiroiChanUK

Caddie In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,235 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 03:47 PM

When you check the site itself, the song's no.5 because they're showing that it's not charting on Bugs! It's no.1 on Bugs. lol

I made a mistake and I updated my post as you posted yours lol Just updating again to add Bugs score ^^

#41 rahe

rahe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 03:57 PM

@bakal3xs & rahe: You're not the only ones who think that lol I'll have to check out that song later ^^

@rahe: One of the many reasons I love her! She always takes so much pride in her work ^^ She's one of the many artists who make me laugh at the people who say "pop music has no heart" lol

@bakal3xs: Yes!!! I know STATION tracks don't usually do that well but I hope No Matter What keeps up this momentum ^^

Yesss I see many idols nowadays recieving awards and all but they show no emotion about it meanwhile BoA lights up a candle right next her Album of the Year award xD I'm quite glad that the song is doing way better than expected. BoA must be happy!

2 on melon? That's amazing!!!!!!
I wonder if she's awake. I wish she could see this!

Edited by rahe, 16 June 2016 - 04:01 PM.

#42 Kowan

Kowan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 03:58 PM

I made a mistake and I updated my post as you posted yours lol Just updating again to add Bugs score ^^

Oh and it's 2 on Melon not 4. 

At 9AM it gets its 3d roof hit on genie!

Edited by Kowan, 16 June 2016 - 04:02 PM.

#43 Kwcty6888

Kwcty6888

My family just disowned me!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,235 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 05:01 PM

Wow I like it but didn't think that the public would too! Usually the SM Station releases don't chart that we'll. I think only Taeyeon - Rain charted this well before!

#44 Kowan

Kowan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 05:03 PM

4th roof hit on Genie! I wonder if it's ever going to rise on Melon? I want it to get at least one roof hit even on real time! haha

#45 Kowan

Kowan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 05:33 PM

Aww what's with Instiz Ichart? lol They're not including No matter what's position on bugs! The song will end having lower points because of that.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sm station

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users