8 replies to this topic

#1 superlita

superlita

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 04:30 PM

Happy 16th anniversary to THE QUEEN, BoA. Let's hope BoA continues her career, and never stops evolving. 

13686950_1041590779269967_673517401_n.jp

CqtsPwCUIAAKNWt.jpg

cr: BoAChiara

First Stage:

Great Video by DareDB

Jumping BoAs/SOULs seem to be diminishing as the years progress, but for those of us that have stayed, and plan on staying, let's do it for the long haul. Till the end? Yeah? YEAH?! Her releases aren't frequent and she's barely in the headlines. However at this point, as fans, we have to accept it– but feel free to complain about it, that's what these social media platforms are for.  :D

Hope she has fun in Hawaii during SM's company trip and does well in the upcoming drama, to be aired this October. 

And release some damn good new music. 

That is all.

CqsRAGTVMAAXrmV.jpg

#2 wwteng

wwteng

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 08:19 PM

Some fans are planning for going to Tokyo Olympics 2020 to support our famous golfer representing South Korea 

Edited by wwteng, 25 August 2016 - 08:20 PM.

#3 BoAMyJewel

BoAMyJewel

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 09:58 PM

Some fans are planning for going to Tokyo Olympics 2020 to support our famous golfer representing South Korea

OMG you just made my day

#4 moonrabbit

moonrabbit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 05:50 PM

Happy 16th Anniversary! I became a fan around 2005 or maybe 2006. Most of my kpop-loving friends aren't fans of hers. It makes me so sad that I have to be a solitary fan. I'm not complaining about her lack of music releases. I mean she already has a large discography. I can understand also if she wants more options. She's been singing and dancing since 11 after all. It just sucks that a lot of my faves are making a comeback except for her. Of course I will wait however long it takes.

What was the first song you heard from her? Valenti was the first song I heard from BoA. I volunteered to be backstage helpers in my high school's Asian Night, a nightly show that showcases Asian culture. Some girl was rehearsing, dancing to BoA's Valenti. At that time I wasn't into Korean pop culture and I was only getting into more Jpop besides anime music. It wasn't really until around the time when she released Winter Love that I bought a bootlegged dvd of hers (btw did not know it was bootleg at the time) and watched her music videos frequently. I was hooked!

I was a huge Britney Spears fan until I stopped liking her and BoA was my new favorite.

Edited by YourSonnetMyLove, 26 August 2016 - 06:01 PM.

#5 ShiroiChanUK

ShiroiChanUK

Caddie In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 27 August 2016 - 02:33 AM

Happy 16th Anniversary!

I've been a fan since sometime around 2007-2008 ^^ I used to binge read manga and binge watch anime so I'd watch a lot of AMV's and people singing covers of anime theme songs on YT and that's where I ended up coming across my first BoA song, Every Heart ^^ Back then I didn't know about the new songs she was actually releasing because I only really came across her older stuff ^^

The first BoA albums I ever bought were ID; Peace B and LTMY ^^ My collection has grown big time since then to say the least lol

Sadly I've met very few K-pop fans who actually know who BoA is :( The only exceptions being the one hardcore SM stan I met a few years back and K-pop fans who've been in the fandom for as long as I have (since 2009).

Like a lot of BoAJjang members I've complained both sarcastically and seriously about BoA's lack of musical activity but I'm honestly happy that she's still going strong in the entertainment industry ^^ No matter what she decides to do next I'll be supporting her all the way! ^^

#6 2boamystar

2boamystar

Always be BoA's fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,824 posts

Posted 27 August 2016 - 07:35 AM

I just grew up with her music for the past 11 years. BoA's music lives in me :) Happy 16th Anniversary to my only favourite artist!

#7 Baco__

Baco__

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 27 August 2016 - 04:53 PM

I've been a fan for so long, now haha and Bjj was actually the first BoA forum I was in. There used to be a kinda big BoA (and jpop/kpop in general) forum in Brazil (Im brazilian), but since she became less popular I guess most of them lost interest and/or are casual listeners of hers nowadays. She is my favorite, though. BoA and Utada are my favorites, tbh.

#8 superlita

superlita

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 05 September 2016 - 04:00 PM

What was the first song you heard from her? Valenti was the first song I heard from BoA. I volunteered to be backstage helpers in my high school's Asian Night, a nightly show that showcases Asian culture. Some girl was rehearsing, dancing to BoA's Valenti. At that time I wasn't into Korean pop culture and I was only getting into more Jpop besides anime music. It wasn't really until around the time when she released Winter Love that I bought a bootlegged dvd of hers (btw did not know it was bootleg at the time) and watched her music videos frequently. I was hooked!

I was a huge Britney Spears fan until I stopped liking her and BoA was my new favorite.

I retract my statement about "NO.1" being my first song, it was actually "ID; Peace B" (japanese ver.). I legit thought BoA was in her early 20's when I first saw the MV  LOL. I was what, 11? She looked super mature for her age, and I was pretty dumbfounded when I found out she was only 3-4 years older than me.

I was a casual so-so fan up until 2003-2004, I started officially stanning her when she released "My Name". 

#9 Haerin

Haerin

mmm... BoA's cute

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 05 September 2016 - 06:34 PM

Unlike you guys, I'm a new fan..LoL. The first BoA song that I heard was Masayume Chasing..My friend and I are watching Fairy Tail and we love the song the moment we heard it...Then I became curious of the person behind the voice and discovered that she's a Korean (I'm into kdramas already that time). I started watching almost every video of her on YT and felt like I've known her for a very long time already. I'm not into idols before but BoA paved the way..LOL. This is also the first ever forum that I signed up for. I just love everything about her.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users