Well she can if she WANTS it, too bad she doesnt

#32 ShiroiChanUK

ShiroiChanUK

Caddie In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 09:50 AM

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if she really doesn't care about her career in Japan. A lot of SM's singers and groups that made a debut in Japan seemed to give up eventually no matter how good or bad they ended up doing. They still host fan meets and concerts but in terms of releases, nothing. I personally want BoA to focus on her career in Korea but if a Japanese release were to happen I'd still welcome it ^^

Edited by ShiroiChanUK, 02 January 2017 - 09:51 AM.

#33 bakal3xs

bakal3xs

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 10:19 AM

Yeah I think Japanese market is not the main target anymore for korea.. I remember in the past it was very huge, but i think now they target the world, and mainly people prefer song sing in korean not in japanese.
Also before to success like BoA before you had to sing in japanese but nowdays idols even if they sing in korean they are loved by japanese.

#34 moonrabbit

moonrabbit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 12:16 PM

Maybe she's looking for better songs for her Japanese release? Honestly her last few Japanese releases were good to me but maybe she didn't sell well?

#35 ShiroiChanUK

ShiroiChanUK

Caddie In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 12:32 PM

I really enjoyed BoA's recent Japanese releases ^^ I loved IDENTITY and Who's Back was only really a disappointment for fans ^^ It would be a great introduction to BoA for new fans, it's just a shame it wasn't promoted very well to non fans.

#36 superlita

superlita

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 06:43 PM

^I loved BoA's Identity era too. I would love a revamped, and improved version of it. And can she pull a Namie and sing random tracks in english? After "Make Me Complete" I've been wanting more.

#37 BoA_rocks_in_english

BoA_rocks_in_english

The Unbiased BoA Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,011 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 08:44 PM

Which would you guys prefer for BoA to do in 2017 (in terms of music releases):

Focus on Japan 

Focus on Korea

----

Focus on both Japan and Korea– although I think this would be overkill imo. 

And when is her moving coming out? The Post Autumn something. Or am I bad fan and missed the release (not likely)?

Go indies for Korea, and get a real label for the USA so she can actually focus on this section of the world.

Her Japanese career is dead, they only care about girl groups

Edited by BoA_rocks_in_english, 02 January 2017 - 08:45 PM.

#38 sweetsora2

sweetsora2

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 03:43 AM

yup her career in japan is over,no one care about her anymore except soul n when she's singing merikuri.
and japan is over kpop now,kpop is dead too in japan it seems.

let's focus in korea more..this year almost senior singers make a comeback like Rain, uhm junghwa, lee hyori, shinhwa,ses psy.she really needs to comeback soon too.
comeback with a bang..not average song n choreography.

#39 Baco__

Baco__

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 11:19 AM

Does BoA has the ability to pull out a bang? I mean, something she writes and composes? I absolutely LOVE Kiss My Lips, but it's totally not what it's popular at the time in Korea. Maybe she was/is... Not synchronized enough with the general public? Or she was aiming at a more mature audience that doesn't consume cds anymore?

Only One and KML are both on Spotify, just like many Korean singers and bands. Maybe they've given up on Japan because it's easier to reach a wider audience with Spotify and Deezer and the likes? That'd be my guess.

For what I want her to do, I'd love a Japanese comeback with the vibes she had around Message and Shout it Out. Lookbook was awesome too. I guess FLY was the only "mishap" this late era of hers.

I can't lie: I want her back in both Korea and Japan and I don't mind her not being as successful as before (we have been dealing with this reality for over a decade now lol it's time for us to chill)

It's really funny, though... Whenever I talk to a Japanese person they say BoA is over. Koreans say the same or things like "nobody remembers her nowadays". But I listen the same from Taiwanese about Jolin Tsai for example, and she is still a big hit there (bigger and bigger I'd say for her sales, awards and YouTube views). BoA also won album of the year didn't she? So there are people who are buying her stuff and praising it. KML was her best reviewed album, wasn't it?

#40 bakal3xs

bakal3xs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 12:26 PM

Lot of korean when i talk about BoA it is often:
Situation n°1:
Korean: "so who do u like as singer? Psy?"
Me: *rolling eyes* "i only likes BOa actually even thou i can listen to some other kpop"
Korean: "oh she it too old, is she still alive?"

Situation n°2:
*Same beginning*
Korean: "oh yeah i love her so much she is best"
Me: *stars in my eyes* "oh really?? did you listen to her last album 'kiss my lips' ?"
Korean: "wait what? Did she released new album? I didn't know.."

Situation n°3:
*same beginning*
Korean: "Boa what? Who is she? new singer?"
Me: "oh yeah sorry I misunderstood I though you asked me about golf player.."
Korean: "ahhhh this BoA! YEs of course!!"

(OK last part is fake but otherwise its all what happen usually)

Edited by bakal3xs, 03 January 2017 - 12:28 PM.

#41 Baco__

Baco__

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 01:05 PM

The second also happened to me! HAHAH the Korean guy said she was amazing and was a shame she didn't had a comeback in years and I was like "he just released a new and amazing album kiss my lips" WAIT WHAT? HOW COME DO YOU KNOW THAT AND I DON'T?? I AM KOREAN! hahaha

#42 ShiroiChanUK

ShiroiChanUK

Caddie In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 01:57 PM

I see situation 1 on YT and 2 on forums. 3 will happen eventually, I swear lol

I don't meet many K-pop fans irl but when I do most of them don't know who BoA is. The ones who do know who she is like anime and have watched Inuyasha.

#43 BoAMyJewel

BoAMyJewel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 07:12 PM

Koreans I know actually didnt know BoA released KML but they sing along to Who Are You without knowing who's the singer, come on she's one of the most popular golfer there, watch some TV

#44 sweetsora2

sweetsora2

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 11:08 PM

blame her n sm who always take a really long time to release new album n dissapear from public eyes doing nothing.
i know she's established artist but still she need proper promotion to stay relevant in the industry.
not surprise if her fans keep decreasing,maybe for her next album she can only sold 5k.suddenly i remember luna n her flop album sales.tragic...

#45 ShiroiChanUK

ShiroiChanUK

Caddie In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 06:14 AM

When we've had this convo before I believe someone said that the reason Jolin Tsai still does so well after so many years is because the Taiwanese music industry really looks after their "veteran" singers. I wish Korea was the same way.

blame her n sm who always take a really long time to release new album n dissapear from public eyes doing nothing.
i know she's established artist but still she need proper promotion to stay relevant in the industry.
not surprise if her fans keep decreasing,maybe for her next album she can only sold 5k.suddenly i remember luna n her flop album sales.tragic...

The worst part about that is Luna's album is actually really good :(

I get that BoA doesn't enjoy going on variety shows and such but I don't see why she can't just go the Studio J route aka mass radio promotion coupled with performances. The only difference is BoA will perform on TV.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users