#1 BoAFox

BoAFox

Who's BoA?

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 12:18 AM

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knows whether BoA plans to have any more concerts this year, perhaps a Christmas or holiday concert like she's had in the past whether in Japan or Korea. If not, will she be having any more performances or fan gatherings? 

While on the topic, I had a quick question regarding BoA's Japanese and Korean fan clubs (Soul and Jumping BoA respectively). Are they the same or separate memberships? If they are different, how do they differ? And are there advantages to joining one over the other. Lastly, and most importantly, is it possible to join either club as an American?

Sorry for the amount of questions, but these are lingering questions I have been trying to find the answers to for a while and still haven't had success. I'd greatly appreciate your help!

#2 BoAMyJewel

BoAMyJewel

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 888 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 08:54 AM

Concerts are usually announced at least 3 months prior, so sadly I think th chance of getting a concert is so slim. Although we might see her sing Meri Kuri at tv shows.
About Korean concert, seeing SM pattern BoA has to release an album first before having a concert (And im not sure shes going to release THE ALBUM weve been waiting for anytime soon)

SOUL and Jumping are totally different and not merged in any way, im not sure about whether Jumping BoA is still active or not. What Im sure about is SOUL, its possible to have a membership there if you ask someone who has a Japanese address, if not it woulf be a waste of money since you wont be receiving any magazines and bonuses. Well if you live in Japan you can have one I think.

Maybe someone else have better responds, thats all i know haha

#3 travoltajc

travoltajc

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 12:15 PM

Here's what I know about SOUL:

- You need a Japanese address (so they can mail you fan club magazines, fan club meet invitations, promotional materials, concert first-round ticket lottery entry etc)

- You need a Japanese credit card to pay (will not accept foreign card)

- As a foreigner, you can get into SOUL without asking a person in Japan, through the use of middle-man services, but you'll be paying a lot of fees (they will ship merchandises outside Japan and charge you fees each time)

- As a foreigner you'll be missing out on the fan meets (unless if you're willing to fly to Japan)

- For the fan club shop merchandises, I have a feeling they won't ship outside Japan, so you'll need middle-man again

- There's a private forum of some sort (I think?), because SOUL members made BoA a large flower/balloon gift basket/stand at NOWNESS in Japan

- If you're just interested in SOUL Magazines, try buying on Yahoo Japan auctions and use middle-man to ship outside Japan

Edited by travoltajc, 17 October 2017 - 12:16 PM.

#4 BoAFox

BoAFox

Who's BoA?

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 October 2017 - 08:33 PM

Thanks for the helpful answers! I tried contacting Avex to see if they had an answer about any concerts but they said it is still undecided. I have also reached out to SM, but am still waiting on an answer for them. Regarding SOUL, I think you're right, members will need to have a Japanese address. I did email SM about Jumping BoA as well, but again am still waiting on an answer. I'll provide an update if I get any definite answers. 

#5 BoAMyJewel

BoAMyJewel

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 888 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 01:51 AM

How the hell did you get in touch with avex!??

#6 BoAFox

BoAFox

Who's BoA?

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 09:25 PM

Haha I actually just used this contact form I found on their site which is supposed to be for products but I figured I might as well try. This is the link https://ssl.avexnet....ask/avexportal/. On my first attempt I found out they only take inquiries in Japanese so they second time I used google to translate my inquiry which I hope got my question across. Judging from the reply (which I again had to translate using Google) it seems to have worked well enough.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users