18 replies to this topic

#1 BoAddict

BoAddict

mmm... BoA's cute

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 02:09 PM

Hi, everyone! As the titles implies, I am pleased to announce that I have begun subbing the NOWNESS in Japan concert! I mentioned that I had some concerns in my previous subbed video thread, but the quick responses that I saw gave me the motivation that I needed to start this project!

Now, there are some things with this project that I feel that it's right for me to address to everyone. One is that this will actually be my first project that I will be doing without a Chinese subbed video as my main source for translation, meaning I am doing all the translations (for the dialogues) based on my own experiences with Japanese (which started because I wanted to understand BoA's Japanese music lol). Please rest assure that I do know what I'm translating (for the most part) because I have taken four years of Japanese in college and even earned a certificate that allows me to work in Japan (if I wanted to). Though of course, my Japanese still isn't perfect, so there may be parts that will be slightly harder to translate. So if any translations turned out weird in the end, please understand that I tried my best in translating lol.

The next thing I want to address is the file size. I mentioned in the other thread that the file I have is already 9.3gb, so the final hardsubbed video might be over 10gb. If everyone is fine with that, I don't mind working with what I already have. But if anyone thinks that is too large, I would like to ask if anyone knows where I might find a smaller version or if anyone can help me make a smaller version. In the meantime though, I will be subbing with the large file that I already have.

Last thing is something fun that I've always wanted to try is karaoke style subbing. I have never actually done this before, and I feel that it's appropriate for this project. This will definitely take some time for me to work on, so I plan on making two releases: a first release with just what BoA says to the audience and a second release with the karaoke included too!

I don't want to overhype this project because that will only increase the pressure on me lol, but please do anticipate for when this project will be completed, and I will work towards completing this project in a timely fashion

Concert: https://k2nblog.com/...u-ray-hd-1080p/

Subtitle: https://drive.google...VNeH4QTwwO7R2Ti

(If you don't know how to load the subtitles, scroll a little further down to see my other post where I explain how to watch the video with these subtitles)

Edited by BoAddict, 16 November 2017 - 12:26 AM.

#2 BoAMyJewel

BoAMyJewel

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 28 October 2017 - 10:18 PM

I wont put pressure on you so i’ll just say

OMG OMG OMG THIS IS HAPPENING!!! THANK YOU!!!

#3 BoAFox

BoAFox

Who's BoA?

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 09:58 PM

That's awesome! A big thank you for taking on this endeavor. With regards to the file size, one thing I was wondering was if it's possible to create a standalone subtitle track/file? With that, people could add the subtitles to whichever existing video they have via media players such as VLC. That may be one way to get around that if some people have an issue with the size.

#4 BoAddict

BoAddict

mmm... BoA's cute

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 10:50 PM

That's awesome! A big thank you for taking on this endeavor. With regards to the file size, one thing I was wondering was if it's possible to create a standalone subtitle track/file? With that, people could add the subtitles to whichever existing video they have via media players such as VLC. That may be one way to get around that if some people have an issue with the size.

Thank you for your suggestion. Making the separate subtitle file is essentially what all fansubbers do lol. I have actually considered providing everyone with this like you suggested before, even in my previous projects in the chat forum here, but fansubbing groups in general have pretty much consider this a taboo because it makes us vulnerable for our work to be stolen for others to take credit for. Now, I am definitely not implying that our true BoA fans here would do such a thing, but I still can't simply just dismiss that possibility. I hope everyone can understand my standpoint.

However, I might be open to leave the option available if the logistics don't work out in the end, but I will still be exploring other options as I work on this lol.

P.S. Would you guys like teaser images from time to time? lol

Edited by BoAddict, 31 October 2017 - 12:39 PM.

#5 celbel

celbel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 11:53 AM

Thank you so much for doing this!!! 😁😁😁

#6 Baco__

Baco__

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 03:18 AM

Omg <3 thank you so so much!

My concern about hardsubbed stuff is that sometimes it affects the quality of the video itself, I don't know why.

I'd love to have just the subs to use with my player. And I have one more thing/suggestion: I have never subbed anything, but I'd love to translate it to my language (brazilian portuguese). I also study Japanese in college, though your knowledge is obviously bigger than mine haha but I'd love to help in any way and, if possible, translate your file do portuguese (Though my idea was work with you I'd give you all the credits hahah)

#7 Kwcty6888

Kwcty6888

My family just disowned me!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,343 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 07:38 PM

I will definitely look forward to this! Looking forward to watching the concert from start to finish and knowing what she's talking about haha

#8 BoAddict

BoAddict

mmm... BoA's cute

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 02:31 PM

Omg <3 thank you so so much!

My concern about hardsubbed stuff is that sometimes it affects the quality of the video itself, I don't know why.

I'd love to have just the subs to use with my player. And I have one more thing/suggestion: I have never subbed anything, but I'd love to translate it to my language (brazilian portuguese). I also study Japanese in college, though your knowledge is obviously bigger than mine haha but I'd love to help in any way and, if possible, translate your file do portuguese (Though my idea was work with you I'd give you all the credits hahah)

I would be very flattered if you would use my file to translate into Portuguese. But please give yourself the credit for translating too! lol

I will definitely look forward to this! Looking forward to watching the concert from start to finish and knowing what she's talking about haha

Definitely! The first version might be out sooner than originally anticipated! ðŸ™Š

Btw, I would like to ask everyone's opinion on this. I didn't really bother subbing the parts where BoA speaks English (because it's English lol), but if anyone would like me to add in those parts, please feel free to say so.

Edited by BoAddict, 03 November 2017 - 09:05 AM.

#9 Baco__

Baco__

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 02:57 AM

I guess it's interesting to do so. We never know, but your subs could be watched/read by hearing impaired people, we never know. And for me to use it to translate to portuguese would also be nice :D

I'll send you a pm during this week! And thank you for the encouragement haha :D

#10 ShiroiChanUK

ShiroiChanUK

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,353 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 04:46 PM

Thank you for taking on this project! I understand that it'll take some time to complete but please take your time ^^ It'll be cool to understand what BoA is saying during the MC segments ^^

I don't mind the file size since I have faster wi-fi now so I don't have to worry about the video taking forever to download lol

#11 BoAddict

BoAddict

mmm... BoA's cute

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 05 November 2017 - 06:16 PM

Hi, everyone. Just a quick, tiny announcement... the first phase (all the segments where BoA talks) of the translations are done! As for releasing it, because I am having difficulties with getting it hardsubbed without it taking forever, I will be happy to release the subtitle file to everyone. I trust everyone will respect my work, and if anyone ever wants to use my subtitles for your own projects like Baco, just let me know!  :D

For those who have never watched with subtitles like this before, all you need to do is put the subtitle file in the same location as the video file in your computer (e.g. place both files in the desktop) and have both files named exactly the same. Then all you need to do is play the video file with a program like VLC and the subtitles will automatically be loaded. Now, you do need to have the video file yourself, which I can provide a link to where I got mine. Alternatively you can also use VLC's subtitle menu to load the subtitles (but you would need to do that every time).

Now without further ado, return to the first post and enjoy!

Edited by BoAddict, 16 November 2017 - 12:25 AM.

#12 Ryoga

Ryoga

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 03:54 AM

^ thank you so much for all your efforts :) you are a true asset to the boa community. Keep up the great work.

#13 ShiroiChanUK

ShiroiChanUK

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,353 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 10:38 PM

Thank you so much! Your hard work is always appreciated ^^

Also thank you for explaining how to input the subtitle file into the video because I had no idea before now lol

#14 BoAddict

BoAddict

mmm... BoA's cute

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 12:23 AM

Thank you so much! Your hard work is always appreciated ^^

Also thank you for explaining how to input the subtitle file into the video because I had no idea before now lol

You're very welcome. The subtitle trick just sorta comes with the territory of learning how to use/make subtitles lol. In fact, I just somehow stumbled across it when I was watching subbed anime in my earlier days lol.

#15 BoAMyJewel

BoAMyJewel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 04:17 PM

Omg thank you!!! Its so fast!!! I havent even came back to check this thread yet lol

Thank you so much!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users