98 replies to this topic

#91 ShiroiChanUK

ShiroiChanUK

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,353 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 04:45 AM

Not that keen on the Japanese music industry going digital honestly. They still have a bad habit of not releasing music digitally on international stores. I’m not just talking about streaming services. Very few artists actually release music for general purchase on iTunes and such. Unless they wise up this will be just another point against intl fans.

Edited by ShiroiChanUK, 08 March 2018 - 04:46 AM.

#92 Kwcty6888

Kwcty6888

My family just disowned me!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,348 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 04:32 PM

Koda Kumi sold around 14,500 for her latest album and charted 6th on oricon weekly charts.. With that high enough to chart almost top5 cd sales has decreased already in Japan.. Everythings going digital already..

Yep, honest I've observed for a while now Koda Kumis has been following same trajectory as BoA except just an album behind (eg Who's Back sold around that much). Though unfortunately BoA doesn't seem to chart digitally either T_T

#93 blue_leonheart2

blue_leonheart2

Who's BoA?

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 06:05 PM

The difference between her and koda is koda's constantly promoting in Japan and doing tours even Namie back then everyone was saying she's a has been already due to her sales decline but Namie focused more on live tours even with not appearing on TV she regained her status once again.. BoA should have released her album around the same time as her unchained tour.. Live tours are always the best way of promotion... It always helps increase the sales... Her who's back album was released the same time as her tour.. AVEX is doing on site promos on her Unchained concert..

#94 Sugoiandkawaiidesu

Sugoiandkawaiidesu

Who's BoA?

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 10:13 AM

Hi! I'm new to the boards. I noticed today that BoA's new album Watashi kono mama de ii no kana is on itunes us! I wasn't awared of that. I don't know if i should get it because i want the physical version but amazon US doesn't have it yet. :( I ordered her "first" korean mini album with a poster.

#95 ShiroiChanUK

ShiroiChanUK

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,353 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 02:26 PM

Hi! I'm new to the boards. I noticed today that BoA's new album Watashi kono mama de ii no kana is on itunes us! I wasn't awared of that. I don't know if i should get it because i want the physical version but amazon US doesn't have it yet. :( I ordered her "first" korean mini album with a poster.

Welcome! 😄

The album only recently came out on international streaming sites ^^ I bought the physical album from Japan Homemaker, they arrived today 😄 I have Apple Music so I listen to the albums there too ^^ I used to buy albums from Amazon UK & US all the time but I found that they are a bit more expensive than most stores and usually take longer to arrive. When it comes to new releases anyway. I still buy from them sometimes when I’m looking for specific albums ^^

#96 Sugoiandkawaiidesu

Sugoiandkawaiidesu

Who's BoA?

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 03:03 PM

Welcome!
The album only recently came out on international streaming sites ^^ I bought the physical album from Japan Homemaker, they arrived today I have Apple Music so I listen to the albums there too ^^ I used to buy albums from Amazon UK & US all the time but I found that they are a bit more expensive than most stores and usually take longer to arrive. When it comes to new releases anyway. I still buy from them sometimes when I’m looking for specific albums ^^

Thanks! I think i'll get the itunes version for now.

My copy of One Shot, Two Shot arrived today with a huge poster of BoA. <3

#97 Kwcty6888

Kwcty6888

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,348 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 07:23 PM

It's been a couple of weeks and I think I've finally digested enough to give my thoughts!

Standout tracks:

Arigato Sayonara - Does anyone else think this song sounds like something from her older discography like Outgrow and Made in Twenty?? Especially because part of it reminds me of Silent Screamerz. Part of the song also reminds me of Waiting at the Airport too! Overall a fun track and keeps my attention.

Jazzclub - What a choice for single. I loved the electroswing and jazzy elements. It was catchy and she pulled off the style well. Probably my favorite upbeat track from the album :)

Right Here Right Everywhere - My favorite ballad from the album! Amazing vocals and really showed off her range and emotion

Manhattan Tango - Has just the right amount of attitude and sass! Another fun track that gets stuck in my head all the time. I love the different style, and she rocks it!

The other songs were enjoyable as well, and "Watashi--" took a few listens to grow on me. Where am I now had some nice parts, but overall it was kind of lackluster to me. Crow had a great chorus, but I kind of hate the part where she goes "crow crow crow...". Make me Complete was also just okay, especially after listening to the Unchained version which is a masterpiece!!

Something else I noticed in this album is that some of the processing on the vocals kind of bothers me? Like in Jazzclub or Crow, it sounds like her voice kind of lacks depth? It's not her vocals or singing because she sounds fine in other tracks or singing live, and the One Shot Two Shot songs sound fine as well. I haven't seen this mentioned elsewhere so maybe it's just me /:

Edited by Kwcty6888, 14 March 2018 - 07:24 PM.

#98 ShiroiChanUK

ShiroiChanUK

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,353 posts

Posted 15 March 2018 - 04:25 AM

Thanks! I think i'll get the itunes version for now.

My copy of One Shot, Two Shot arrived today with a huge poster of BoA. <3

Cool ^^

Yeah, the poster was a lot bigger than I expected but it's so beautiful! <3

Something else I noticed in this album is that some of the processing on the vocals kind of bothers me? Like in Jazzclub or Crow, it sounds like her voice kind of lacks depth? It's not her vocals or singing because she sounds fine in other tracks or singing live, and the One Shot Two Shot songs sound fine as well. I haven't seen this mentioned elsewhere so maybe it's just me /:

I don't know much about post recording production myself so I couldn't tell you but it's funny, this was a frequent enough complaint about some of SM's albums released a couple of years back. The complaints weren't so much about lack of depth in the vocals but about other aspects of the production.

Edited by ShiroiChanUK, 15 March 2018 - 04:28 AM.

#99 Kwcty6888

Kwcty6888

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,348 posts

Posted 15 March 2018 - 06:41 AM

Cool ^^

Yeah, the poster was a lot bigger than I expected but it's so beautiful! <3

I don't know much about post recording production myself so I couldn't tell you but it's funny, this was a frequent enough complaint about some of SM's albums released a couple of years back. The complaints weren't so much about lack of depth in the vocals but about other aspects of the production.

I did notice this from other SM artists but only in Japan.. like SNSDs Japanese releases had the same issues for me. Maybe I'm just used to listening Korean songs more so how Japan produces is different for me?

Edited by Kwcty6888, 15 March 2018 - 06:41 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: BoA, J-pop, album, Watashi Kono Mama de Ii no Ka, Jazzclub

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users