Photo

Vote for new mod and Chrome "WARNING" issue

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Poll: Vote for new mod and Chrome "WARNING" issue (16 member(s) have cast votes)

Who would you like to make a BoAjjang Moderator?

1. superlita (14 votes [87.50%])

Percentage of vote: 87.50%

2. Kwcty6888 (2 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Cori

Cori

Teh Hajiman Sexy Fail Kru's Ultimate BoA fan

• BoAjjang Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,304 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 07:46 AM

Hello everyone. As you can see, BoAjjang is kind of becoming a ghost town. However, I realize there are still a number of you that enjoy BoAjjang in smaller ways than before and want to make sure that you still have a good experience together. I've gone through and taken out a number of pages of spam/phishing posts, as well as banned these accounts.

They can come back, though. 

And since I haven't been able to come on as much as I used to, I want to make sure there is someone here that will take care of these issues asap. Taking from the topic Can a Mod fix this mess? I have added two people that are well and willing to help out, deleting spam threads and banning phishing accounts. Please vote for which one you think would best suit this purpose. I don't just want to give this responsibility to someone that the returning members don't entirely know or trust.

Feel free to also nominate people. Like I said, I don't get on much anymore so I don't really know who is active to take on this responsibility (or WANTS to). I can add people to poll. 

For the Google Chrome issue, please start reporting that this site is no longer an issue. When you are given that "Deceptive Site Ahead" warning, you can hit the "Details" button at the bottom. This will expand, giving you a couple new links to choose from. To visit the site on chrome, hit the "visit this unsafe site" link. It might just bring you back to it, but what I have found is if I go up to the URL box and hit enter again, it works. For those willing to help remove this, hit the "report a detection problem." This will prompt a form from google. Input the forums.boajjang.com URL, check the box, and type in the comments something along the lines of "Phishing attempts no longer an issue. Forum is being monitored daily." This might help reverse the warning, so people on google chrome no longer have an issue logging on.

Thank you!

#2 superlita

superlita

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 07:05 PM

Thank you for taking the initiative towards cleaning up BoAjjang!

There's a lot of us who would make really good moderators, ShiroiChanUK and rahe, to name a few, have been super active. I don't get on BoAjjang as much as I should but would be willing to take on the responsibility if no one else is willing!

#3 rahe

rahe

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 06:37 AM

2l8jnh2.gif
Both would be great administrators but I voted for superlita because I haven’t seen Kwcty6888 in a while

Edited by rahe, 19 February 2018 - 06:41 AM.

#4 ShiroiChanUK

ShiroiChanUK

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,353 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 07:01 AM

Since they seem to be here more often I voted for Superlita ^^ Rahe and BoAMyJewel would also be great choices and I’m more than happy to help out if need be ^^

Edited by ShiroiChanUK, 19 February 2018 - 07:05 AM.

#5 Baco__

Baco__

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 863 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 07:36 AM

I guess both of them would make a good job

#6 BoAMyJewel

BoAMyJewel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 09:07 AM

Why not both?

Since they seem to be here more often I voted for Superlita ^^ Rahe and BoAMyJewel would also be great choices and I’m more than happy to help out if need be ^^

Ah thanks for mentioning me, :))))

#7 Ryoga

Ryoga

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 12:32 PM

I would like to nominate ShiroiChanUK :)

#8 Kwcty6888

Kwcty6888

My family just disowned me!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,354 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 09:40 PM

Aha thanks for the nomination! I'm ok either way as I've seen Superlita around for years. Happy that we're making some changes and to see Cori again :)

#9 celbel

celbel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 02:07 AM

Both of them would be great! Why not just both? :)

#10 rahe

rahe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 12:04 PM

Now that we pretty much decided who is going to be our new admin can you please fix the thing with our avatar? I can’t change it
I want to change mine. I’ve been using this one for 6 years lol

#11 Cori

Cori

• BoAjjang Administrator
  • 8,304 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 07:33 PM

Now that we pretty much decided who is going to be our new admin can you please fix the thing with our avatar? I can’t change it
I want to change mine. I’ve been using this one for 6 years lol

This seems to be something that was disabled in the backend. I am really unfamiliar with this backends system so I am on the look for where this function can be re-enabled. I do have contact with the forum owner but I would like to see if it's an issue I can handle by myself so he doesn't have to. Thanks for pointing it out! 

#12 travoltajc

travoltajc

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 11:11 AM

Great job everyone, and an extra thanks to whoever that added the new BoA image to the top left banner! Certainly one of my favourite pics lately.

#13 Cori

Cori

• BoAjjang Administrator
  • 8,304 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 05:38 PM

Great job everyone, and an extra thanks to whoever that added the new BoA image to the top left banner! Certainly one of my favourite pics lately.

Happy someone noticed :) Did it last night when I found out how to change it in the backend. Had been that one picture for like 5 years, it was time for a change.

#14 ShiroiChanUK

ShiroiChanUK

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,353 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 12:09 PM

Love the new image! It's one of my favourites from this CB ^^ I didn't notice the change until today since I've been using the mobile site for the past few days ^^

I've also sent out a message about the warning placed on the forum. I wonder how long these things take to resolve.

Edited by ShiroiChanUK, 26 February 2018 - 12:09 PM.

#15 rahe

rahe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 01 March 2018 - 06:31 PM

This seems to be something that was disabled in the backend. I am really unfamiliar with this backends system so I am on the look for where this function can be re-enabled. I do have contact with the forum owner but I would like to see if it's an issue I can handle by myself so he doesn't have to. Thanks for pointing it out! 

just let me know if you need any help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users