#1 benn

benn

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 02:40 AM

POPULAR

for most people when you mention 'gay' or 'lesbian' their first reaction is 'eeck'......wat is your reaction then??.......do you personaly despise homosexuals?? why? if u dont despise them, then why?

i m doing a project! please help me with this?

Edited by benn, 09 April 2005 - 03:10 AM.

#2 Schizophat

Schizophat

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 02:43 AM

Actually i feel somehow interupted too.. maybe by their action.... but actually if i think seriously... it's not their fault and they themself doesn't want to be... but it's just that... it's very hard to make the decision... try to accept them... but i feel disgusting too... hard isn't it??? ehheheh... =)

#3 ptoor

ptoor

Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,306 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 02:46 AM

Does nobody read the rules of this forum before posting? :D
Somebody better say something brilliant before I close this one.

#4 Evolution

Evolution

My family just disowned me!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,227 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 03:02 AM

Personally, I have nothing against homosexual people. In fact, I have a few friends who swing that way. A lot of people are disgusted when it comes to homosexuality, IMO, because they are not very open minded. At the end of the day, homosexual people are humans like you and me. It is in my opinion that we, and the community as a whole, are in no place to pass judgment on these people. Sure, they are a minority, but they still have the absolute right to express themselves.

Now comes the governments opinion. To the NZ Government, as far as I know anyway, homosexuality was never a big issue. Recently, gay marriages have been acknowledged here and NZ legislation even provides for such marriages. Before gay marriages became 'legalised' there was something called a de facto relationship. This is where 2 people live together under one roof and share their lives with each other, very much similar to marriage. De facto relationships may apply to a couple of opposite sexes but it also allows for couples of the same sex to be in a marriage situation. I think it was because of the existance of de facto relationships that the government decided to make way for gay marriages.

#5 ninjaflare

ninjaflare

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 07:40 AM

First of all, I have no problem with gays/lesbians. It's their own lifestyle, it doesn't make them a bad person, they're not harming anyone, etc. So why limit their freedom? With the decision to ban gay marriages and disallow civil unions between same sex partners, the government is severely limiting the rights of some people. Imagine a gay couple, one of them gets seriously injured in a car accident; his partner WOULD NOT be able to visit in the hospital because he is not family, since he's not married. This isn't just about justifying a homosexual relationship, it's about giving them the same rights and priviledges that are given to heterosexual couples.

Of course, I could play devils advocate and say well, it's simply unnatural for two people of the same sex to be attracted to each other, let alone engage in sexual acts. The purpose of sex is to produce offspring, carry on your bloodline, extend the lifetime of the human race. Gays are going totally against this. BUT, lets also realize that many heterosexual couples ALSO do not bear children during the span of their relationship. Love is the thing that keeps them together; why is it different for homosexual couples?

Basically the only gray area I personally have when it comes to same sex marriages, is the issue of children. There are going to be couples that want to adopt; but what would the sideffects be of being raised by two people of the same sex? The child isn't going to recieve the "normal" interactions from both sexes throughout their life. Will it create a big social impact on them? Yes, because kids are kids, and will make fun of them for having "two moms" or "two dads". But again, on the other hand there's no guarantee that the child will also turn out gay. Just because a child was raised naturally by a heterosexual couple, that also doesn't guarantee they will grow up hetero.

#6 foreverdancer

foreverdancer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,281 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 09:50 AM

I don't have any problems with homosexuals. That is their decision on who they want to date or marry. Plus they are not harming anyone. People are free to print whatever they want, sing or say whatever they want, so why not date/marry whoever we want? But then again racism and issues like these exist because people are small minded or will believe in rumors.

#7 sakura_lite

sakura_lite

DBSK Lover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,447 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 01:29 PM

In my opinon, homosexual is not right. In the bible it said that man and woman should be together and homosexual is not allowed. I really don't like the idea of same sex marriage. I don't think same sex marriage should be allowed and the idea of the same sex being together is wrong. But that's just my opinon.

#8 dannynguyen

dannynguyen

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,225 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 01:34 PM

I have a problem with homosexuals. I am Catholic.. and I do belive in God & his beliefs. God created us only man and woman. It ruins nature if a man & man or woman & woman starts having some kind fo sex or something. Women are alright with me.. but its wrong if guys are homo, beause they just freak me out.. because I'm just used to seeing men as a strong person.. not like feminin (as in way too feminin) .. some gays are not feminin but it still creeps me out.

I don't think it's right.. it's only my opinion.

#9 Kat

Kat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 01:45 PM

I have absolutely no problem with homosexuals. In my mind homosexuality isn't wrong at all, even if some people believe it. It's not unnatural, it's just the way a person is. I've always seen the conflict surrounding homosexuality being that people don't understand the fact that it's not a choice, it's a part of someone that they can't change no matter what, just like the color of their skin.

I'm an extremely tolerant person, so not only do I not have issues with homosexuals, but I also don't have too much of an issue with someone who says that it is wrong to be homosexual. It's always that person having some problem with me. People try to say it's wrong to be homosexual, but isn't it just as wrong to dislike a whole group of people, and then judge one person on either media sterotypes, or what people say if you've never met them? That's just something I don't understand.

As for marriage, homosexuals don't want the religious aspect, they want the legal part of it, the part where they get money and benefits from being married to someone else. So gay marriage isn't going against a religion because it isn't trying to force it's opinion onto the religion. Gay marriage isn't even affecting religion in hte grand scheme of things, so religion should be no issue in the idea of gay marriage.

And for a side note: *goes into rant mode*

Women are alright with me.. but its wrong if guys are homo, beause they just freak me out.. because I'm just used to seeing men as a strong person.. not like feminin (as in way too feminin) .. some gays are not feminin but it still creeps me out.

No, just no. It's both or neither you have to accept. That's the only thing that crosses the border with me. Just because you get off at looking at two women going at it, and I'm sure people only like it if the two women are hot, doesn't make it right. I think it'd be pretty hot to see two guys in a relationship but does that make it right? In most people's eyes, and in modern society, no it doesn't. And just because something freaks you out doesn't make it wrong. I get freaked out by horror movies, they honestly freak me out, but that doesn't stop people from making them, does it?

And on the feminine part, when homosexuality finally started to be recognized as something other than a mental illness, around the times AIDS struck, a lot of gay guys started to buff up, and I mean really buff up, and those were the strong men. They did this to show that they couldn't have AIDS and that they could be just as strong.

And why do "regular" gays creep you out? You said the only reason they creep you out is because they are feminine, but what if their not? Being gay isn't something you can just look at someone and just know, did you know that's how Hitler started in about the Jews, and in America with the communists? You honestly can't just rely on sterotypical stuff to identify gays now-a-days, especially with the whole metro thing that's happening.

So give more reason as to why your creeped out, and you've already mentioned the bible.

And for anyone who opposes homosexuality, I would like to see a definate reason that isn't based in the bible, because some of us may not recognize the bible as our religious text. We all know that arguement, so I'd like to hear something intelligent and non-bible related.

Edited by Kat, 09 April 2005 - 01:58 PM.

#10 AngelicBeatofBoa

AngelicBeatofBoa

BoA*'s Guardian Angel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 01:48 PM

well.. not that i really hate them or anything.. but it's just not really "right" and.. plus, i saw a homosexual couple... It was when i was riding the subway and then the 2 men.. started hugging and kissing on the subway.. their arms were linking and it wasn't all that great.. so.. i think that homosexuals are just so-so.. as long as they dunt do it in front of ur face.. then i dunt mind at all :lol:

#11 krjeami

krjeami

BoA's my new gf!

• Members
  • 7,414 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 02:11 PM

Wow. Kat took every word out of my mouth :lol: If there was a clapping emotion, I'd use it right now.
I was even going to object to the hypocrisy of dannynguyen's statements.
^_^

#12 sakura_lite

sakura_lite

DBSK Lover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,447 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 02:23 PM

But God is against the idea of homosexuals. He said so in the bible.

#13 Sara, Sara, Sara, Sarang-hae-yo

Sara, Sara, Sara, Sarang-hae-yo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,154 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 02:58 PM

Normally being homosexual is determined how you grow up rather than how you naturally are, but don't quote me on it :lol: Personally its not what I feel is how I would lead my life, but I have no problem with others, the only difference being sexual orientation, there are other people with many other differences, but they are not seen as "intolerable", so I don't think homosexuals should be. In fact I have a friend who is homosexual and he is proud of it and doesn't mind talking about it, which I find admirable in today's sort of society.

#14 Strawberries513

Strawberries513

~Azn Wannabe~

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,033 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 03:19 PM

i see no problem in homo/bi sexuality. they're no diffrent from anyone else. one of my good friends is gay. and i like him just the same :lol:

#15 eraiza

eraiza

`Dance.Like.This*<3

• Members
  • 5,816 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 03:36 PM

i'm okay with homosexuals.. somehow i'm against it and not against it but.. it's their life, their choice, you can't stop them from becoming something they don't want to. People just change. I know someone that is gay, he said it himself, and there's nothing wrong with that because it doesn't matter if your gay or a lesbian it's just the way that you feel. i know that it may be wrong to marry the same sex. But as long as you love each other and is happy that's okay. But for me.. if i saw two people the same sex kissing, i would freak out.. but it doesn't matter. We are all people.. it's not like we're aliens or something else, so if two people of the same sex love each other it doesn't really matter as much.. they're not different from a lot of other people

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users