Shattered;Koibumi

Kagome Wannabe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,443 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 08:42 PM

Well....?
What do you think of it?

And please.....I cant stressed any louder: REPLIES WITH ATLEAST SOME THOUGHT are gratefully appreciated! I mean if I wanted baby replies like "well love is love, shouldnt matter what the race is" I'd ask my figgin baby sister who is 3....
I know its a topic that doesnt require much thought or effort to reply, but lets make it a topic that does take some thinking.
Your personal experiences may make this topic a little more...ugh, I cant think of a word.....

I honestly would like to start on my own views and/or experiences but I'm about to literally fall asleep on my laptop.....I've been up since 10 am....did nothing throughout the day, maybe ate like all the donuts and dingdongs, now i'm crashing for the night at 11:42 pm....
[/FONT]

*EDIT*
I have added 2 more questions in my newest reply.....please feel free to answer!

Edited by Mimi.Chan, 11 April 2005 - 10:34 AM.

#2 ptoor

ptoor

Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,306 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 08:46 PM

Let's move this to Serious Discussions shall we. :thumbsup:

#3 celebear

celebear

I have gf despite bj

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,935 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 09:54 PM

I've been with a girl who's been adopted from Thailand for 2 years (I'm Finn). We've had no problems related to racial differencies. Not between ourselves nor between us and other ppl.

It might be easier with adopted ppl, because they're raised to same culture as others, so there's no cultural or religious things that might cause troubles.

#4 Ace

Ace

BoA* Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,719 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 10:32 PM

I've got no issues whatsoever with interracial dating. I'm part of a generation (like most of us here, given the age groups), that regards very few things as taboo--this issue is certainly beyond that.

I personally have never dated anyone outside my own race, but I am attracted to all types of girls with different ethnicities and I am quite open to the idea of dating women of different backgrounds.

Both of my sisters' significant others belong to a different ethnicity. I see their relationships foster, thrive, and undergo everything that a same-race couple has. Seeing that, I realize that we're all just sentimental beings who yearn love and affection from others. I believe the differences in skin colors is irrelevant to that.

#5 Spring Sakura

Spring Sakura

My family just disowned me!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 11:00 PM

There's absolutely nothing wrong with interracial dating in my opinion.
I'm attracted to both asian or non-asian guys, and I've got plenty of friends that date people from different ethnic backgrounds than themselves.

Although, the culture gaps may be an issue --but nothing overly serious. These issues could be resolved easily through communication.

haha, this is a pretty straight forward topic to discuss...and I find that I have very little to contribute.

But in a nutshell; I think interracial relationships are cool...no different than any other relationship really.

Edited by Spring Sakura, 10 April 2005 - 11:00 PM.

#6 LiLstephy

LiLstephy

BoA*'s LiL Sis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,248 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 02:56 AM

My parents have always been about all-asian, keep the blood 100% or something. But as ace said with the new generation thing. So I don't mind. It's more of personality that counts. I also think culture plays a big role in the future of a family. It'd be much easier if couples were just all the same race? Interracial relationships are just the same as any other relationship :) the love is still there. i've also never dated anyone out of my race, probably because i've always seemed to be attracted to asians.

Edited by LiLstephy, 11 April 2005 - 02:56 AM.

#7 Heartbeat

Heartbeat

Teh Hajiman Sexy Fail Kru's Banana >D

• BoAjjang Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 06:31 AM

I have absolutly no problems with interracial dating nor marriages. My whole family and relatives are in interracial relationship.

Cousin's wife is Korean
Uncle's wife is American
Aunt's Ex-husband is Philipino
Aunt's BF is British
Cousin's husband is East European

The only thing that is awkward sometimes is during small family dinners. Most of us speak chinese because of the elders and those who don't speak chinese don't understand us :(or laugh with us :P so we translate. :o

As most people already stated, this is a new generation. In the future there might not be different races because everyone is mixing and producing a new (breed?) of offsprings.

Like Stephy and Chloe said "Interracial relationships are no different from any other relationships" because relationships are built on trust, nurturing, and love and not on skin color :(

#8 Shattered;Koibumi

Shattered;Koibumi

Kagome Wannabe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,443 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 06:35 AM

I finally woke up....

Well when I was thinking about creating this post I had 2 things on my mind:
1.Melissa, mi loco compadre!!
and
2.This couple at my school

The reason I was thinking about Kool-aid(Melissa) is cause she is African-American/PR/Dominican/Cuban/Filipino.....and her boyfriend....hopefully soon fiance cause now she has his kid is caucasion/african-american/korean
Now her father has a thing about interracial dating he dislikes........the person doesnt have to be pure cuban or pure korean, he just prefers the blood be latino and I just couldn't understand why he was getting on Melissa but not her older brother, Katrez who has a genuine relationship with a caucasion girl....but i'm not gonna ask him.....he may chew my head off!

and the reason I was thinking about this couple....Is cause the boy is caucasion and the girl is african-american......and you know, its just common but I dont nothing of it, besides that the girl and boy look at each other and see beauty inside their soul....

#9 Kirei_BoA

Kirei_BoA

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 526 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 09:29 AM

i have nothing against interracial dating, because i'm currently in a interracial relationship! :P i'm fully FOR interracial dating, but what ppl have to understand is that problems are gonna occur whether you're mix or not. it depends in what location you're in. if you're a mix in a white area, you're not going to accepted. however, if you're a mix in a mixed area, of course you're not gonna have that problem. let me stress again that mixed kids will have the SAME problems as kids of the same race. well not totally the same, but you know what i mean. i'm mentioning this, because that's what my parents are so worried about :o so i really don't see what's wrong with interracial dating or marriage or whatever. ^^*

Edited by Kirei_BoA, 11 April 2005 - 11:37 AM.

#10 Shattered;Koibumi

Shattered;Koibumi

Kagome Wannabe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,443 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 10:31 AM

I personally have only had a view interracial relationships(1 japanese, 1 caucasion and Christian who was mixed with well everything) but...mainly with puerto ricans cause in the Bronx, thats all i'm used to.
But my dad doesnt like me being fond of other races, he doesnt even want me to go out with African American(which im 25% of).....I have to be with a west-indian guy, but anyways....
It was a topic on Japan-guide about more specifically what is your preception of other races that makes you maybe turn the other way.....
And I started thinking, and as always Kool-aid came to mind. So she wants me to ask a question:

"Are you stereotypical?"

I mean its so much negative media on specific races, do you maybe base your general idea on what you see in the media?

I'll start and be honest. As an african american female I get the negative stares when i'm in the "wrong" part of town with some of my caucasion friends who are guys. But every night without fail you always see an african american guy going to jail.....rap music(that i love) glorifying the life of crime, etc...cause my relationship with Christian sucked, yeah I was only 13 and he was 19....but i'm a street smart person, he was into the world of getting rich quick by selling sh!t.

But for anyone of asian decent, "What stereotypes geared toward you hold you back from a relationship?"

#11 Mikenyhk

Mikenyhk

My family just disowned me!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,935 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 01:58 PM

my personal experiences is good to be Interracial dating only if u want to.. i prefer dating my own race because thats how i feel... i dont steretype them those date out of their race..its their choice that makes them happy...
+ of dating interracials...the children might learn more than 1 language..n culture.. wont be racist of course...and interracial babies can be very very pretty
- everything has the bad side too..growing up not knowing which race to pick..people teasing u....has more problems than other children...those

**millions of years later...we all be mixed....just call us the "human race"

Edited by Mikenyhk, 11 April 2005 - 01:59 PM.

#12 Q-Works

Q-Works

mmm... BoA's cute

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 05:12 PM

No beef or problems with Interracial relationships what -so-ever. If you love somebody, then why not go for em? People who date interracially, I do say, they have alot of courage, because here in the South, people are still living in the mindsets that racials sould be kept separate, yet they flock to the newest bi-racial child...which is pretty hypocritical if you ask me.
Love is love and you can't help who you fall in love with.

#13 Adionik

Adionik

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 10:40 PM

I think it's good to date interracially. Hell, even have kids. Thus the offspring will:

1) Typically speak more than 1 language
2) Be less susceptible to inherited diseases
3) Be prettier? POSSIBILITY!
4) Smarter? POSSIBILITY!

Whatever, i'm for it, haha.

I'm mexican, and BoA is korean...so obviously i'm for it. Hahaha

#14 Irzu7

Irzu7

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 01:27 AM

like a lot of what other ppl say, there's nothing wrong with interracial dating. i agree wit all the ppls dat say that an interracial relationship is not that differet from same race relationships...cept maybe the language barrier and cultural differences. But these can be overcome pretty easily with communication as so many ppls said before. but in the end it all comes down 2 preference....what type of personality/person does it for u is ur choice, in my own experience tho i'v only dated asian girls...i think its maybe because of a subconscious desire to keep up asian traditions. iono :P

#15 Deathdemon

Deathdemon

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,448 posts

Posted 14 April 2005 - 11:07 AM

my mom is white and my dad is black, so why would i have a problem with it? i hate how interacial dating always has to be something. it can't ever be seen as normal, like when same races date. like it's taboo or something. i watch american tv and when a white girl dates a black guy (which is the biggest hookup in america when it comes to interacial dating) the race always has to be mentioned. "but he's black" or "she's a white girl". i dunno how it runs in other countries, but i'm tired of race being such an issue when it comes to...everything.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users