68 replies to this topic

#16 ninjaflare

ninjaflare

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 14 April 2005 - 03:42 PM

I'm filipino, and I'm dating someone thats chinese, nothing wrong with it. The only thing is when I'm out with her sister and roommate, sometimes they'll say something in chinese and laugh, and makes me wonder if it's about me or something I did ^_^

#17 panthera

panthera

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 16 April 2005 - 01:12 AM

hmm... it's funny some parents wants their children to married with the same race... because in my case (i'm asian) my parents wants me to married with western people... they said that the baby gonna be cute.. sigh... while i prefer asians (dunno why, maybe because western people looks older :) no offence, just an opinion)

#18 cosmic_avian

cosmic_avian

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 17 April 2005 - 02:59 PM

interracial isn't wrong...
it's actually good because people can experience the others' background customs and traditions and basically style of living...

i've seen interracial go on the most in high school...especially in freshman years...when teens are just getting into the new world and they're starting to actually do all the dating and stuff...

i've witnessed asian parents go against this though more than the other races...not sure why...

some say it's because they want their child(ren) to bear the family name when the marry...or they just want strictly asian-to-asian relationships...

#19 peace_y

peace_y

mada mada dane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 08:40 AM

well in my opinion..unterracial dating is OK...I've an experienced once...when my cousin from german brought her friend here to Indonesia..and her friend looks kind of cute..(hahahha)..and I asked her to watched a movie w/ me..and lol..she agreed..(so happy... :P ...though she said I really want to know Inonesian youth lifestyle :lol: )...so I went on a date w/ her...and you know what..its tanoshikatta....she looked like interested in many things in Indonesia...abot the culture...the lifestyle...and a lot of other stuffs....so I think...interracial is OK as long the purposes are good and none other then making together happines.... :lol:

#20 tekichi

tekichi

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 08:47 AM

I absolutely support interracial dating. There being races so diverse, it'll help one another to better understand our culture, identity, our background.

It's a great thing there's interracial dating. It puts a smirk on my face when i'm walking down the streets and i see a black person holding a white persons hand, or an asian person holding a hispanic person's hand.

My friend is Mexican and he's going out with someone who's Japanese.

#21 stArAnGeL

stArAnGeL

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 09:46 AM

Like Stephy and Chloe said "Interracial relationships are no different from any other relationships" because relationships are built on trust, nurturing, and love and not on skin color :lol:

View Post

agreed!

hmm... it's funny some parents wants their children to married with the same race... because in my case (i'm asian) my parents wants me to married with western people... they said that the baby gonna be cute.. sigh... while i prefer asians (dunno why, maybe because western people looks older :P no offence, just an opinion)

View Post

that's what i wanted too... but i ended up falling in love with someone from my own race... which is fine... i love him and like everyone says "relationships are built on trush,nurturing, and love"

but that reminds me of this one dinner i had with my family... my uncle married a girl that was filipino... and we're vietnamese... well.. my new aunt came over one day to have dinner... i've known her for almost 10 years already and she knows more about me than my mom does...

soo... i was rattling on at the dinner table talking about stuff when my mom told me to be quiet in vietnamese... and i asked why? it's not like there's someone that's not in our family sitting at the dinner table...

and then my mom made a comment in vietnamese that there was someone at that table that IS NOT IN OUR FAMILY!! she was saying that my new aunt was not a part of our family... that she was an outsider eventhough she already married my uncle and was a part of the family...

but i was sooo upset when she said that... so i guess my parents are still living in the 'stoneage'... but i know they don't want me to date anyone outta my own race... but sometimes you just can't help who you fall in love with..

#22 RockWithBoA

RockWithBoA

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,604 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 10:51 AM

I think race doesnt matter when it comes to Love, in fact , nothing matters.

I have seen many people in my school who come from different races, date.
Some of them have some relationship difficulties , such as parents disallow them of being together because of religion reasons.

It often appears to be a taboo to date people from other race , but I think people shouldnt think or see it as a taboo because all's fair in love, and also , a race is probably just a 'title' to me. The differences of your significant other perhaps only makes him/her more unique.

#23 valval_zai

valval_zai

mmm... BoA's cute

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 24 April 2005 - 11:54 PM

Personally, I think it's absolutely fine for interracial dating, but yeah like what some of you guys have mentioned, parents and relatives are still having their backward thinking.

I knew of this person, a Chinese who married an Indian, and her family disowned her. Now this family really has a problem. So what if someone is mixedblood? I think it bonds the people of the world together :thumbsup:

#24 hero_sarang

hero_sarang

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 08:24 AM

I grew up in an interracial family, my father is Irish, my mother is Filipina, so obviously that leads me to be for it. My ex was hispanic, and I've had crushes on guys of every race. My sister's husband is half African American and half Mexican, so I see this kind of stuff everyday and I'm all for it. People can't continue to keep blood "100% pure" eventually(though it will take a VERY long time) the only way to keep blood "pure" and not mix with other races would be through incest...

Edit
to add on, I know alot of Asian families that insist their children marry someone of their race.

Edited by hero_sarang, 26 April 2005 - 08:25 AM.

#25 stitch_my_heart

stitch_my_heart

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 14 May 2005 - 02:44 PM

my parents are TOTALLY against it. I really don't see anything wrong with it. I mean, you can't help who you fall in love with. Skin color shouldn't matter. It's what's on the inside that truley counts.

#26 chidori

chidori

10+ years of loving BoA :)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,714 posts

Posted 14 May 2005 - 03:08 PM

I really don't see anything wrong with it. I mean, you can't help who you fall in love with. Skin color shouldn't matter. It's what's on the inside that truley counts.

View Post

couldn't have said it better myself!! You fall in love with someone for their personality not for what they look like, so race isn't important! You can't help who you fall in love with, it just happens, so i think if you fall for someone who is a different race to you then others should just learn to accept it. I know its hard for many people though, who have relatives who think it's wrong. I'm lucky that my parents don't mind who i end up with as long as he makes me happy :)

#27 yuuko

yuuko

I know BoA*

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 03:26 PM

Hell.. Romeo was a Montague, and Juliet was Capulet, so what's wrong with it?.... Basically it's about what you, as an individual, would want. And if it means going with another racial group, it's okay, as long as you and that other person accepts it.

#28 6 A 7 7 7 5

6 A 7 7 7 5

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 04:21 AM

In order to express any sort of opinions about interracial dating, one has to have a clear definition of "race." Do you go by the views of the major sociologists out there that there's only 3 races: mongoloid, caucasoid, and i forgot what the term was for african? Or do you go by "ethnic" and "national" ties like Chinese, British, Peruvian, etc? Or are we all one race, Homo sapiens sapiens, the human race?

Definitions aside, everyone has the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness [at least if you live in the USA]. So yes, I agree with "interracial" dating.

Edited by 6 A 7 7 7 5, 18 May 2005 - 04:21 AM.

#29 yuuko

yuuko

I know BoA*

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 09:16 AM

In order to express any sort of opinions about interracial dating, one has to have a clear definition of "race."  Do you go by the views of the major sociologists out there that there's only 3 races: mongoloid, caucasoid, and i forgot what the term was for african?  Or do you go by "ethnic" and "national" ties like Chinese, British, Peruvian, etc?  Or are we all one race, Homo sapiens sapiens, the human race? 

Definitions aside, everyone has the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness [at least if you live in the USA].  So yes, I agree with "interracial" dating.

View Post

I think it's going for the mongoloid/caucasoid type of race. Although we all are the same equal, human race, we are different in types.. If cats can breed with another species of cats, why not humans?

#30 Nikki

Nikki

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 28 May 2005 - 04:01 AM

I firmly believe that love knows no boundaries.

Currently, I am in what you would call an interracial relationship. I'm caucasian and my boyfriend is asian. I don't care what anyone has to say about it, I love him, he loves me.. we make each other happy and that's all that matters. That's. all. That matters.

I also like the saying: We're the human race, not human races. But that's a different discussion entirely. ;D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users