68 replies to this topic

#31 lil_dan814

lil_dan814

Teh Major Fail League President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 29 May 2005 - 01:12 PM

i feel there is nothing really wrong with interracial dating... as a matter of fact.. i've dated people outside of my own race...

_but like stephy sed... "My parents have always been about all-asian, keep the blood 100% or something." --> my parents say the same thing.

_that saying isnt really about keeping 100% blood... is more of the cultural differences... its easier to relate and cooperate when there are similarities in the way you and ur significant other is brought up...

_i mean, certain things that may appear wrong to you may seems right or proper for someone else... such things as simple as SLURPING... i remember when i was studying japanese tea traditions is was good to "slurp" on the third sip... but americans find it rude to slurp....

_but then look at the "proper" way to eat spaghetti, you twirl it on a spoon to wrap it around ur fork... but when you eat "PHO" (vietnamese noodle soup) you fish the noodles onto ur spoon or use ur spoon as support... "barbaric"? i think not...

_everyone was raised differently, and according to how 'important'/valubale the tradition is.. is how you are raised... and what IS "right" or "wrong"? determining that is really how you were brought up...

_but in the case of INTERRACIAL DATING... theres nothing wrong with it, people are people... if they are together, there is some type of attraction... maybe its just lust... but if its really love, then there are strong similarities in the way they do things... isnt similarity what attracts you?

_its true what they say "opposites attract"... but at the same time, its not a fact nor is it totally true... in the case of science/magnetic fields, they are correct... but how about science/molecules? oil and water arent attracted... same with blood and water or even blood and oil.. they dont attract... infact.. water will willingly bond with itself...

try it some daybut two water drops RIGHT next to each other and then draw a line from one trop to the other with a toothpick, they will merge to become one... and then try pouring oil and water into a cup.. they stay separated in their own layers...

this goes with people.. and relationships... as urself, what is the meaning of the word "RELATIONSHIP" isnt part of the word derived from the word "RELATE"? meaning to have something in common?

_from all this you should now have concluded that "opposites don't really attract" and that "LIKES attract" should be the real sayings...

YOU'RE ONLY DATING SOMEONE CUZ YOU FOUND SIMILAR INTERESTS, NOT BECAUSE THEY'RE ARE OF THE OPPOSITE SEX/RACE... "INTERRACIAL DATING" IS BUT PERSONAL PREFERENCE ---> (PERSONAL APPEARANCE)"

//EDIT - i wrote soo much that i forgot what i wanted to say... OH YEA!
--about dating... there is a sense of loyalty i've experienced with gurls of other races... maybe its cuz it was brought to my attention.. but not to be mean or racist of anything.. but asian gurls are known by asian families to be more loyal to their husbands/boyfriends.. and opposites go to 'white gurls' (westerners...) *shrugs* dont get mad.. just think about it...

Edited by lil_dan814, 29 May 2005 - 01:20 PM.

#32 icer

icer

I know BoA*

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 29 May 2005 - 09:44 PM

I'm Filipinio/Spanish and I've dated white girls, filipino girls (for those who don't count the Philippines as part of Asia), and asian girls. I think my family had a problem with my ex-girlfriends hat weren't Filipino, but idk. I just know that my parents (not including the rest of my racist family), want me to be happy. I really never listened to the offensive statements my family made but anywho my cousin's dating a white guy and he's loads of fun to have around. They seem so happy together.

Overall, I guess it all comes down to how much you love the other person. If you love 'em a lot you won't listen to what others say, and if you don't well, better luck next time.

#33 jpop_gurl

jpop_gurl

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 11:39 AM

Yeah my parents are against it me 'going' to date western people...
But they aren't really my taste.. so

personally i have nothing against it...
Personality is what matter not looks or race
I don't understand why people has so many comments about this kind of dating...

#34 joey168

joey168

mmm... BoA's cute

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 05:07 PM

i'm in a inter-ratial relationship.

i'm abc and my boyfriend is aussie/american.

my mom doesn't have anything against it, but i think my dad takes on a more traditional look and isn't too fond of it all (not that he knows i'm dating).

although inter-ratial relationships are becoming more widely accepted now, when i walk down the street with my boyfriend, its irratating to see that some older generations just stare at us like its a bad thing that we're dating.

#35 cosmic_avian

cosmic_avian

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 06:06 AM

What bothers me is the fact that people actually have to hide the fact that they're dating from their parents. I mean, come on, you can't expect to do everything right yourself can you? And if you're afraid their opinions will overwhelm you and take your guy away (I don't think azn parents actually care about their son as much as they care about their daughters), then meh, show them that you don't care what they think.

Sure, some parents have found out and then tried to kill the guy, but that was cause the two kept it a secret till then. Maybe it's easier if you tell your parents that you're going interracial without having them find out on their own.

#36 MisEmILu

MisEmILu

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 08:07 AM

I'm glad my parents don't see anything wrong with me dating others who aren't asian. I feel you come from different races anyway, no matter how it may seem, no one is actually pure-blooded. Explaining that will take up time I don't have, human anamoty, sociology and world history tie into that, but I just say I think you should be free to love whomever no matter what their race. Sure there will be those who don't agree, but that's because they are close-minded. I'm okay with interracial dating, but I fall in love from the heart so I look past their race.

#37 ridiculous

ridiculous

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 07:54 PM

i'm caucasian and my boyfriend of almost two years is asian. i don't really think anything of it now... the thought that i am in an interracial relationship doesn't even cross my mind until someone else brings it up. it seems like a bigger deal to people on the outside looking in. my parents were a little iffy about it at first, but they are used to it now. it's different when you are actually in the realtionship, you see past racial barriers. besides... in general, people don't always know why they are attracted to someone.. girl, boy, black, white, fat, skinny; it just happens.

#38 Locket

Locket

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 22 June 2005 - 08:05 AM

Yeah, i think having the same culture makes relationships easier, maybe in the beginning or something. But once u get past the initial bumps (and i gueses most time there aren't any ^_^ ) it's not a problem... love isn't prejudiced right?

#39 TanKLoveR

TanKLoveR

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 25 June 2005 - 09:28 AM

I dont really pay attention to ppl whos says theres something wrong with interacial dating, Im white and i only had a white gf and the other 2 one was from taiwan and the other from china i think, and my parents never complaint so is not really a problem.
But any of my friends never liked asian girls they thought i was crazy for dating them lol

#40 NurikoOutlaw

NurikoOutlaw

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 01:41 PM

It will all end soon, we will all 'mix' together, regardless of what your parents want or not. They can't physcially stop different races from mingling. Pretty soon, no one will be able to differentiate what races they are. We will all be the same color, maybe not in your childrens lifetimes, or their children's lifetimes, but it will come, sooner or later. I believe that.

The Topper: The Garden of Eden is in fact in Africa, believe it or not.

Edited by NurikoOutlaw, 26 June 2005 - 01:42 PM.

#41 cosmic_avian

cosmic_avian

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 02:53 PM

What, so all chinese people will be a colour other than the natural yellow-pigments?
Which colour will we all be?

I don't think it's possible for us to be all the same colour. Why? Because of the different regions we live in. Skin colour is not "race inheritence". The environment that we live in force us to adapt to it. I don't know why azns have yellow-ish skin though :lol:

The whole idea of everyone being intertwined in this whole "one" thing just won't work out as long as someone opposes it. And when one goes against those that oppose it, conflict arises. Then they will go down in generations and it'll keep going on and on until Earth is spent of its natural resources and we're screwed.

The Garden of Eden is in Africa? How do you figure that?

Edited by cosmic_avian, 26 June 2005 - 02:53 PM.

#42 Strawberries513

Strawberries513

~Azn Wannabe~

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,033 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 04:14 PM

well, im swedish, and im dating a chinese guy. niether of our families have any problem with it, and niether do our friends. :lol:

#43 JWu

JWu

BoA's my new gf!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,878 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 04:52 PM

I don't think it's possible for us to be all the same colour. Why? Because of the different regions we live in. Skin colour is not "race inheritence". The environment that we live in force us to adapt to it. I don't know why azns have yellow-ish skin though confused.gif

Umm, skin color is an inherited trait. The environment aspect is how the traits evolved, but it still is, and always will be genetic in nature. But that's not what this topic is about.

#44 NurikoOutlaw

NurikoOutlaw

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 09:00 AM

The Garden of Eden is in Africa? How do you figure that?

It's been proven by scientists and has been known for a long time now. Linky! But everyone is entitled to their own opinions....*blinks*

Ah, I am just thinking aloud, no one is theoretically correct about what will happen, but it's nice to come up with different scenarios. *got off topic* Sorry! :D

Edited by NurikoOutlaw, 27 June 2005 - 10:17 AM.

#45 oohimemiyaoo

oohimemiyaoo

mmm... BoA's cute

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 06:47 PM

I'm a black woman and I've been in a couple of interracial relationships. Infact that's all the relationships I've been in. Black woman have this sigma though of being the top race in america that don't get married next to asian males. I think they should just start a club and get together to put the average back up haha.

Yeah but as others say once you get past the whole race thing it's a relatioship as always underneath feeled with truth and commitment. I've been through a lot with guys who just want to date me because they want to see what's it's like with a black girl which isn't cool.

Right now I'm crushing on this Fillipino guy who works at the local suncoast. He's a little out of my league and we keep playing this weird game. But I think i might ask him out soon. He makes me heart go pitter patter and that all that matters.

My mother at the moment really wants me to marry this guy who is also black. But I can't find myself to be attracted to my own race. It's really bizarre. Does anyone else have that kind of problem?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users