Photo

Why do u believe in god or why dont u?(Christian)

• Please log in to reply
149 replies to this topic

#136 azn_yukino

azn_yukino

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 07 January 2006 - 12:51 PM

I don't believe in GOD, per se. "God" is how Christians see what we Buddhists call the Jade Emperor, the ruler of the heavens. So indeed, Buddhists acknowledge the existence of God. Just differently. God exists, and he rules this solar system, but not the whole universe, and he certainly did not create it. We respect him accordingly. The Jade Emperor is a sort of lower god. This is only Buddhism, you understand, so don't go bashing me for what our sutras say ^^;;

Edited by azn_yukino, 07 January 2006 - 01:02 PM.

#137 drummakidd

drummakidd

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• BoAjjang Translator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 07 January 2006 - 12:55 PM

i believe in God...

cause my parents believe them OO*;;

not to be mean or anything...
but if you if you believe in God only because your parents believe in God your faith can be shaken like that *snaps fingers* and yeah.... :P
Christianity is all about having a real loving relationship with God... wanting to know Him more.

*edit*
I do want to say one thing though...cause this came up in a topic I was talking with someone on MSN.

A lot of Christians try to convert other people... that's supposed to be a good thing. But I'd like to say...don't force people if they don't want to listen. If they wanna debate about it, sure go ahead, but please don't force them. God gave us free will and I truly believe that everyone needs to choose willingly to believe in God or not. God can open and close doors but He can't force anyone to believe in Him (well He could...but He doesn't cause he wants to come and believe in Him of his own free will) Like I said up there Christianity is about having a loving relationship and if you truly love God you'll want to change for the better. (By the way I'm not saying everyone does this, nor am I accusing anyone of this. I'd just like to put this statement that's all.)

ugh sorry guys...I probably sound like I'm preaching but its something I had to say ^_^.
*edit*

Edited by drummakidd, 09 January 2006 - 08:23 AM.

#138 Sakura_Chan

Sakura_Chan

Tenshi No Tsubasa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,498 posts

Posted 11 January 2006 - 03:22 PM

i believe in God...

cause my parents believe them OO*;;

not to be mean or anything...
but if you if you believe in God only because your parents believe in God your faith can be shaken like that *snaps fingers* and yeah.... :D
Christianity is all about having a real loving relationship with God... wanting to know Him more.

*agrees with jon* yes, God is'nt about that. Just because your parents believe in god does'nt mean anything. he's right about the part where your faith will be shaken :thumbsup: sorry......

#139 lacus

lacus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,203 posts

Posted 11 January 2006 - 04:00 PM

I believe in God. And I owe him everything. He was the only one I have ever been able to fully depend on, including my parents. No human could ever show you the love God does. Nothing ever comes close.

About the babies being born to die thing. Everyone and everything has a purpose and I'm sorry I can't quote, but there's something i remember from my many sunday school lessons :thumbsup: that said children were the kingdom of God. Anyways, it was talking about the innocence of children. So therefore a child would not go to hell.

I just don't see how so many people turn to science. All you need is faith... :D

#140 nicole

nicole

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 11 January 2006 - 10:38 PM

i believe in God because of satan.. thanks to satan we live in this sinful world and become a human with broken dreams/heart.. he is the one who drag us away from God and bring us to hell

And another reason i believe in God is because He first love us

#141 Kazunomiya

Kazunomiya

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 05:06 PM

i believe in God because of satan.. thanks to satan we live in this sinful world and become a human with broken dreams/heart.. he is the one who drag us away from God and bring us to hell

And another reason i believe in God is because He first love us

Well said. :blink:

#142 ridiculous

ridiculous

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 02:50 AM

hmm.. i think bertrand russell puts it well in his essay on 'why i am not a christian' when he says "Religion is based, I think, primarily and mainly upon fear. It is partly the terror of the unknown and partly, as I have said, the wish to feel that you have a kind of elder brother who will stand by you in all your troubles and disputes. Fear is the basis of the whole thing -- fear of the mysterious, fear of defeat, fear of death. Fear is the parent of cruelty, and therefore it is no wonder if cruelty and religion have gone hand in hand. It is because fear is at the basis of those two things. In this world we can now begin a little to understand things, and a little to master them by help of science, which has forced its way step by step against the Christian religion, against the churches, and against the opposition of all the old precepts. Science can help us to get over this craven fear in which mankind has lived for so many generations. Science can teach us, and I think our own hearts can teach us, no longer to look around for imaginary supports, no longer to invent allies in the sky, but rather to look to our own efforts here below to make this world a better place to live in, instead of the sort of place that the churches in all these centuries have made it." ... so that was a little long. i believe in another plane(s) of existence.

#143 Guest_SuYen_*

Guest_SuYen_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2006 - 04:05 PM

Sigh....

People............

What is truth??

#144 Sakura_Chan

Sakura_Chan

Tenshi No Tsubasa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,498 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 04:45 PM

About the babies being born to die thing. Everyone and everything has a purpose and I'm sorry I can't quote, but there's something i remember from my many sunday school lessons :lol: that said children were the kingdom of God. Anyways, it was talking about the innocence of children. So therefore a child would not go to hell.

People who are like these children belong to God's kingdom. You will never get into God's kingdom unless you enter it like a child!"

this?

if anyone does'nt believe me, check luke 18:15,16,and 17 :)

Edited by Sakura_Chan, 23 January 2006 - 04:47 PM.

#145 Guest_Umbra Res_*

Guest_Umbra Res_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 February 2006 - 09:20 AM

This is a faulty thread...ummm..is it only for Christians? Or for others as well. Because I'm not Christian. I'm actually atheist, but atheist believe in some things too. Theres a reason for everything, I think we need to use our best judgement to figure it out. Alot of things we won't be able to realize though, the least we can do is decifer them. There is no wrong nor right religion, because if you think about it, religions are based on opinions. Opinions need to be respected and thought about before countering them with why they're wrong.

I have a little Buddha statue on my table and I rub him for good luck, meanwhile, my cousin has a cross in her room. I tend to mix the ideas of other religions because to me, they all have their faults. (thats why we have people who hate on others just because of their religion) Theres nothing wrong with having multi-religions either.

#146 shinhuamanda

shinhuamanda

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 07:05 PM

I'm not really sure if I believe in God at all. My parents have always taken me to church and forced me to believe God is always watching you. However, we stopped going to church less and less lately.

When I'm in science, I learned that there's practically no way God exists. This totally makes sense and has been puzzling me for a while. Also the Da Vinci Code influenced my faith a lot. The author said that the Bible was compiled after Jesus died and everything. That makes sense too, the bible didn't just drop down from Heaven. Lastly, there's the book Animal Farm. For the people who've read the book, there's a part where the crow is talking about "Sugarland" or something like that where the animals go when they die. In doing that, the crow can control the animals. That makes me wonder, is God and this Christian idea just a way for political figures to control everyone?

To sum it up, I don't really know. I wouldn't call myself a Christian because I have my doubts. I guess I'll find out if this is true after I die.

#147 ( ̄ー ̄)

( ̄ー ̄)

crazy fangirl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 07:56 PM

When I'm in science, I learned that there's practically no way God exists. This totally makes sense and has been puzzling me for a while.

Hehe, I feel the same~

But then again since when did religion have to make sense <____<;

#148 IloveBoA89

IloveBoA89

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 12:50 PM

I dont believe in God, simply because there is no proof that he exists.

#149 supersailormercury

supersailormercury

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,248 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 12:53 PM

I don't believe in any religion. Religion I think is something created to make people believe that after death we go to somewhere different to make people no longer afraid of death. That is my opinion.

#150 Guest_Umbra Res_*

Guest_Umbra Res_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 February 2006 - 10:09 PM

I dont believe in God, simply because there is no proof that he exists.

Thats why you have to base your belief on faith. Believing after seeing doesn't apply :(

I don't believe in any religion. Religion I think is something created to make people believe that after death we go to somewhere different to make people no longer afraid of death. That is my opinion.

Even atheists have to have something to believe though...I like to take bits of each religion because I believe in alot of stuff :o

I always thought that religion was just a person's opinion about what they believe in, and then got some followers who thought the same...I still do too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users