#166 Ricadonna

Ricadonna

Gackt Inspector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,285 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 03:52 PM

I thought Japan was the place with the highest suicide rates. :D
I believe that's because of lifestyle... We were discussing this with a substitute a week or so ago, who had taught in Tokyo a few years ago when he was a full-time teacher.

He says it's stressful, and some kids can't handle it.
People look down on you if you don't get into good schools & stuff.
There are different reasons for everything though~

Edited by Ricadonna, 21 March 2006 - 03:53 PM.

#167 Jakalope'sBoy

Jakalope'sBoy

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 05:33 PM

I thought Japan was the place with the highest suicide rates. :D

Nope, Japan is not a country with the highest suicide rates.

Highest Suicide Rates

Countries with the highest reported suicide rates include Lithuania, Russia, Belarus, Ukraine, Sri Lanka, and Latvia.

http://www.med.uio.n...2/Bertolote.htm

The highest suicide rates for both men and women are found in Europe, more particularly in Eastern Europe, in a group of countries that share similar historical and sociocultural characteristics, such as Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and, to a lesser extent, Finland, Hungary and the Russian Federation.

It is Sri Lanka, that has the highest suicide rate.

Sri Lanka

In Sri Lanka, where the suicide rate is the higest in the world, 55 out of every 10,000 people take their own lives.

This is reported by WHO, a very credible source.

I believe that's because of lifestyle... We were discussing this with a substitute a week or so ago, who had taught in Tokyo a few years ago when he was a full-time teacher.
He says it's stressful, and some kids can't handle it.
People look down on you if you don't get into good schools & stuff.
There are different reasons for everything though~

China is the Asian country that has the highest suicide rate.

China suicide rate is 2.3 times the global average

China has one of the highest suicide rates in the world, with an overall suicide rate of 230 per million people, while the world average is only 100 per million. China’s suicide rate is 2.3 times the world average.

#168 Ricadonna

Ricadonna

Gackt Inspector

• Members
  • 6,285 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 07:20 PM

^ Interesting! Depressing, too. ^_^
Thanks for sharing that info.

#169 Renchu

Renchu

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 03:53 AM

Pathetic.

Have you noticed today's society has a quick-fix for everything? Pills, Drugs, Alcohol, Cutting, anything along those lines which they KNOW just feels good for one blissful moment and then what?

I say if you want to commit suicide. Go ahead. We don't need weak-minded people in the society. If you live in a 3rd world country where suicide is common there like where I come from in Guyana it's understandable. There IS no help there. There are no psyciotrists or anyone that helps you. In Guyana one rather commit suicide and die with pride then to ask for help.

Here in places like North America, you can GET help. If you know your on the verge of depression and suicidal. Dont just sit there like a lump. Do something about it.

What angers me the most are the people who COMPLAIN about it and dont CHANGE it. Yes you can TALK PROPERLY about it but dont start BSitting me on how 'It hurts' or 'I want to disappear' or things like that. If you aren't making an effort to change ANYTHING then your at fault and you might aswell end yourself.

I know it seems blunt but I am honestly tired of seeing people like this. Suicide is bad and it's wrecking the community. The media influences people to think that suicide is fine. Like that Paparoach song 'Last Resort'.

If you want to commit suicide due to bullying or such, you can GO TO SOMEONE. Be it a friend or teacher of actual professional help.

In conclusion; Suicide blows. If you want to end your life but you don't and you keep complaining, just rid us of yourself. Harsh yes. But so is degrading the society with your stupidity.

#170 Ricadonna

Ricadonna

Gackt Inspector

• Members
  • 6,285 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 12:06 PM

^ Is that what you would say to someone you knew who was threatening suicide? Damn.

#171 marianu

marianu

mmm... BoA's cute

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 10:06 PM

i think suicide is selfish and many of you may agree. if you have the courage to swallow 20 pills or jump off a building, then you definitely can have the courage to face the problem and continue living.

i'm sick of people giving up because of what's infront of them and refusing to see what can happen in the future.

#172 Jakalope'sBoy

Jakalope'sBoy

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 02 April 2006 - 09:55 AM

Suicide is bad and it's wrecking the community.

If you want to end your life but you don't and you keep complaining, just rid us of yourself.

So you're saying suicide is bad and ruining the community yet endorsing it?

#173 Guest_Umbra Res_*

Guest_Umbra Res_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 April 2006 - 06:11 PM

I say if you want to commit suicide. Go ahead. We don't need weak-minded people in the society. If you live in a 3rd world country where suicide is common there like where I come from in Guyana it's understandable. There IS no help there. There are no psyciotrists or anyone that helps you. In Guyana one rather commit suicide and die with pride then to ask for help.

Weak minded people help others have the potential to be strong. Just like knowing someone that is in a bad situation, worse than yours, makes you want to be stronger and able to help them. They are here for a reason, and if you see the advantage of having them around, then you would know that. There are ways to get help, but alot of people don't want help, either because they're in denial and don't want it, are too afraid to get it, or are being pressured into getting help that it annoys them, so they just won't. I would like to think that if you know someone that you look up to, you want to be as successful as them and have motivation for your goals in life. If you're surrounded by success, you'll want to be successful too.

#174 swtchiq

swtchiq

ladida

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,315 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 05:22 PM

i think suicide is selfish and many of you may agree. if you have the courage to swallow 20 pills or jump off a building, then you definitely can have the courage to face the problem and continue living.

i'm sick of people giving up because of what's infront of them and refusing to see what can happen in the future.

agree and disagree.

because whether suicide is selfish or not, it still depends on the situation. if someone has a really horrible, incurable disease or whatever that's hurting him/her and their family, who's selfish here in this situation? them for wanting to give up or us who keep them in pain because we refuse to let them go. but then in whatever situation it is, it takes courage and guts to give up and a bit more to hang in and carry on.

i think often people commit suicide because they haven't thought thoroughly and rather act on impulse, or maybe they've lost hopes? still, different people have different stay of mind and points of view & we all lead different lives. what may work for you may not work for them. i am in no way encouraging that suicide is a good resort. just TRY and make the best out of your life. that's all. :notworthy:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users