#16 LiLstephy

LiLstephy

BoA*'s LiL Sis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,248 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 05:41 PM

*keep in mind i haven't read anyone's post*

i feel that suicide is a really dumb choice that people choose when they wanna run away from their problems. i mean.. it's so stupid, just because you're a stupid wimp, you have to go and hurt everyone that loves you just because you can't be a man.. or a woman.. and get some help, sheesh, people who cut themselves, commit suicide, have drinking problems, etc, really bug me.

#17 ange_argente

ange_argente

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 10:55 AM

I take it that some of you have never been that depressed before. It's pretty judgmental of you to be saying the things that you're saying when you haven't been there and don't know what it's like.

#18 MisEmILu

MisEmILu

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 11:06 AM

Well, while everyone is saying suicide is "selfish" act, you must think of what was going on in that persons life to make them choose that path.
Suicidal people are people with real problems beneath the surface, people don't recognize when kids withdraw from the world might just not being feeling good, it's the kids who you would never think to do such a think is the one who would be suicidal. You can't pin point one certain person by the way they dress or how they act that may give you thoughts of them being suicidal. If parents and teachers and friends would look at the wide aspect of everyone's life without getting too involved we could save a few lives now and then. There is no cure, and sadly we can't have anti-suicide gangs knock on everyone's door to check on people. We just have to do the best we can, when we can to make sure the stress, pain and agony that may be torturing someone is put to a rest. My cousin was suicidal and I was their to witness her almost take her life, she was a 14 year old gir, now 16, l who never looked like anything was wrong. She had life in her hands I should say, her parents were very loving and supportive, no one ever teased her, but deep inside some thing was brewing, a suicidal act she had almost got a way with. She realizes what she almost gave up: a chance to raise kids one day, live happy with her husband, get a good job, help others. So to answer the question, I feel suicide is the not worst thing could happen, people are being killed by other people, that's the worst thing. I feel suicide like others have said, is uncurable, but not unstoppable, we can prevent it by actually taking a care to what's going on in people's life. The people outside of the suicidal person's life are the selfish ones, they don't take into consideration whats going on because they appear to make life seem at ease in their world, when everything may be the total opposite.

#19 sakura_lite

sakura_lite

DBSK Lover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,447 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 02:14 PM

Of course suicide is a bad choice but when someone is really depressed, they may choose to do this.

I personally wanted to commit suicide before cuz My parents couldnt stop yelling at me, putting me down, and discouraging me from my dream. Plus problems with my friends, ex-bf, etc. I thought that killing myself would make me free from all those problems. I was wrong, I have to fix the problem, not running away from it.

[b]Suicide isn't the solution to problems.[b] Those people who feels unwanted should try talking to other people about it.

#20 BoAFriend

BoAFriend

My family just disowned me!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,338 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 07:37 PM

I think suicide is tragic, but it's something the victim wanted. It was his or her only way out of the extreme pressure, hurt, pain, and loneliness that he or she was experiencing. Sure suicide is terrible and sometiems considered a sin because you are greatly impacting those who love you in painful, unforgivable ways, but...what are you to do? Your life has scarred your soul, broken your heart, and ripped your mind apart.

How do I know so much? I've considered and attempted suicide before and just couldn't do it because I kept thinking about how many people I would hurt.

In general, sucide, again, is tragic, but...it was the only way the victim felt that he or she could release from the pain. I think therapy and speakers will help ease the rate of suicide and those considering it.

#21 prototype

prototype

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 10:27 AM

I believe that everyone has the personal right and control over themselves, including taking their own lives. Its their decision and it's only respect that we do not oppose them. However, those who commit suicide in a state of impulsion, confusion or not in the right frame of mind shouldnt be tolerated.

Speaking of hurting your loved ones.. time will heal all wounds. even if u die, the world will still proceed and people will still move on. Your family and friends will recover in due time.

#22 ridiculous

ridiculous

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 01:18 PM

there will never be a "cure" for suicide, because the human psyche is too complex. it would be like trying to cure the common cold, there are too many things that cause it. not everyone that commits suicide is depressed, not everyone contemplates it before they do it... so i don't think you can really say it's a selfish act. you can only say something is selfish when the person is actually thinking "i will do this regardless of how it might hurt other people," but if that thought never crosses their mind, is it really selfish? i also feel like it's unfair to say that it takes more courage to live through a hard time than to kill yourself, or that it is a way to escape for a weak person. people have been trying to figure out what happens after death for ages; religions are formed around this. taking a step into this unknown isn't easy; if it was, i think there would be a lot more suicides. true, some people might commit suicide for attention or revenge, it's not fair to judge everyone by that. you can't judge a person's intentions or their thoughts, especially after they are dead :/

#23 shaunequa

shaunequa

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 01:22 PM

yeah..overall it's a permanent solution to a temporary problem. nobody wants to hear "you'll get over it" and crap like that when you're feeling depressed..you really have to go through and experience it to understand it's true nature. people who have really easy and perfect lives always saying "they're stupid to even think about it, they're going to hell" - and stuff like that, really bothers me because they've probably never had any real problems in their lives, and have to idea how desperately hopeless depressed people feel inside.

#24 Mirai Pan-chan

Mirai Pan-chan

Bad Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,013 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 02:18 PM

Horrible, horrible situation when people think they're just not meaningful, and just worthless ...

Though it's a terrible thing for them, it's also a relief for the pain to be washed away ...

#25 cosmic_avian

cosmic_avian

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 02:56 PM

I pity those that commit suicide.
Suicide is the coward's way out of everything. It's the same as shutting the game down when you're losing; you're just giving up.

Because you are going to give up on one of life's challenges, you are a loser. You are not strong enough to put on a bold face and charge blindly into the storm.

Even if people tell me "but they're so depressed from all the bad stuff that happen to them", I just say, "well heck with that, we've all been through our bad times before, and I'm still here aren't I?"

The thing is, I know why people suicide, and the reason isn't that great if you've experienced it yourself. Sure, everything MAY be bad like sin at that period of time (like what, a year or so?), but you have to be able to look past the hell you're going through and try to be optimistic. It's not easy, but it'll be worth it afterwards.

It's not like I'm disrespecting those that commit suicide for valid reasons (g/f or b/f dying (I'm talking more than just those average relationships), losing everything they have, etc), but some people suicide for the most superficial reasons.

There are also those that think when one loses their b/f or g/f, they're just wasting their life cause of a girl/guy. Only problem is that when one likes another, they're essentially giving a part of their life to the other person, so when he/she leaves, you don't exactly recover from it.

Physical scars may heal, but emotional or psychological scars remain until you die.

Edited by cosmic_avian, 02 June 2005 - 04:07 PM.

#26 WINNIEE

WINNIEE

My family just disowned me!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,758 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 03:10 PM

suicide is just killing one's self because (supposedly) their life is that horrible that they actually have to kill themselves to find a cure.

i actually pity the people who commit suicide. they think their life is so horrible and they can't stand it anymore so it's not worth living life anymore. they're wrong. maybe their life has its moments and sometime the moments get really bad. gosh! at least try to overcome it! seriosuly, what the hell? everyone has a point in their lives where everything just goes wrong but you dont see every single person commiting suicide. they're giving up too easily. some commit suicide for relationship problems. it's just a boy/girl. get over it. there a plenty of people out there so stop whining over one significant other. others might commit suicide because of family problems or something. confront them.

it's not like i have anything against people who commit suicide. it's just that i think they're giving up too easily and thinking killing themselves will make all the pain go away. but they have control over themselves. it's their choice to waste their life like that. it was all their decision.

#27 jpop_gurl

jpop_gurl

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 07:06 AM

okay i understand that people say that suicide is selfish
but have you even been in the position when you're so depressed that you think the only way is suicide
some people who commit suicide think that nobody loves them
so they don't even know how many people they will hurt

#28 babydragon

babydragon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,528 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 12:39 PM

From the point of view of a person who is going to be commiting sucide, it is not a selfish act. It cannot be selfish if they are not doing it for their self. People who are usually going to commit sucide is because of other people, these people are weaker than other people so they need support but where is the support when people around cause them to fall into depression. There is always someone to blame, but with sucide, the person to blame are the people who force them into this path. This DEAD END path. Other people have their reason. You cannot say it is selfish. Come up to a story like you were abused and NO one helped or believed you. Sucide would be the only way.
We are all living die! That is a fact. Some would want to end it now. their choice. Sucide is the escape from reality for them. A fast and easy escape route.

#29 fluker

fluker

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 07:22 PM

Sucide is not selfish. It is just that when you are very very depress it just hurt it hurt mentally. For example if a person is treated like poop thier whole life without any friends and family who only give more pressure to them or the person who think they will just be a bruden to everyone else they think that sucide is the only way out.
Anyway I can't sucide because there is too much I haven't done yet and I like to face challenges head on instead of running away.

#30 Redmage

Redmage

BoA's Redmage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,658 posts

Posted 04 June 2005 - 02:35 AM

suicide is the extreme result of major depression symptom, part of mental illness behaviour that can lead to another dangerous thing :D

therefore suicide is not selfish ^_^ but its so wrong :D

• Major Depression (also known as depression or clinical depression) is characterized by depressed mood, diminished interest in activities previously enjoyed, weight disturbance, sleep disturbance, loss of energy, difficulty concentrating, and often includes feelings of hopelessness and thoughts of suicide.

Edited by Redmage, 04 June 2005 - 02:37 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users