173 replies to this topic

#61 hikki88

hikki88

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 742 posts

Posted 24 September 2005 - 07:03 PM

i wont say its a foolish act..or its d best way to run away from your problem because im not in the ppl's shoe who died by killing themself.. our late korean actress Lee eun joo killed herself despite that she had everything in her life, she's been a religious and nobody thought she would had killed herself... anyway, its still not a good decision to suicide...i wont do it and thats all important to me ;)

#62 kangtaholic

kangtaholic

mmm... BoA's cute

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 24 September 2005 - 08:07 PM

I can't really understand why some people commit suicide. Life is a precious gift from God that we must always treasure. Suicide is like hating yourself and other people.

#63 lacus

lacus

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,203 posts

Posted 24 September 2005 - 08:34 PM

I've actually hurt myself before but never gone to the extent of trying to commit suicide. I could never have enough courage.
I guess I can say that through those months where i cut myself, I felt like crap. Like no one gave a damn and my life was going no where.
As stupid as this sounds part of this was true. Sure my parents/family/friends cared but they never cared ENOUGH i guess.
I used to slash my arm and then roll up my sleeves during piano lessons so that my cousin could see but she never noticed no matter how burning red it was.
I went to school and showed my friend all the cuts on my arm and she said woah and started cutting herself.
Even now as I'm typing this i know the few people that will even skim through this wont give a damn.
So for those of you who have stuck around to read the whole thing, you might be wondering how i got better?
Seriously...I wont lie, I got better by myself. I realized that no matter how hard I tried, no one was going to care if i cut myself or not, so what was the point? I started paying more attention in church.
I think i'm the only suicidal person who can truly say they got better because of their own will power..thank the lord that he made me as strong as I am.
Because of what I went through, I'm always there for anyone that needs me, even if i'm alone..becaase i dont want anyone to ever feel the way that i did.

Edited by lacus, 24 September 2005 - 08:37 PM.

#64 enrgeiz

enrgeiz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 25 September 2005 - 04:00 AM

^ hope your doing well now :D

i have a friend who you remind me of..he went through a similar road you went through..but with alot of support with friends..family etc..he was able to get back on his feet..
This person has since changed..but although he doesnt seem the same to me..i will always treat him the same.

I think suicide is wrong...from all my knowledge from friends and religion .. there are soo many other ways to help a person with their problems..
Think about it this way..suicide is also selfish because think about the people who care about you who will be greatly devastated.

Althought some people have it really hard and seems as there is no way out..they should have high spirits ..GOD is with them

#65 taiyoukai-shi

taiyoukai-shi

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 25 September 2005 - 04:43 AM

:D suicide is mostly caused by people that love to cause other people harm and like to see them suffer because ither their diffrent from them and they dont like it and they feel that in order to feel un-intimidaded they have to make the other person's life a living hell and some times the people getting hurt by them just get sick of the abuse and get very deppresed and that leads to the fall of every thing around them (grades,family,friends or work)i mean how would you feel if every time you opened the school door and walked through a hall to get to your class you would be asulted with people staring at you wispering things behind your back calling you names and even some times abusing you physically pushing,hitting or the worst sexualy (:lol: i dont mean sex and rape ,just...well you get the idea -_- )and imagine living that every day off your existance i dont think i would be able to stand that ,so they do away with their selfs thinking that it will be better on the other side.(WELL PEOPLE I DONT KNOW IF IT IS JUST DONT RISK IT )
another suicide is that the person wishes to cause harm to a loved one or a group of people that knew them (i call that being a coward :angry:not bieng able to fix the problem so they just give up and kill them selfs .
any way what ever the cause is YES it can be stopped and prevented and yes i think that at least 4out of 8 people dont care what will happen to them or they think that they dont mean it .....until -_- ......its to late to stop them :D and they have to live with it for the rest of their lives :o (that cant be enjoyable )(T-T)

and that is my thought on suicied (sad but true -_- -_- )

#66 WhiteB

WhiteB

Who's BoA?

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 07:54 PM

suicide is what selfish ppl do. because the people who commit it obviously dont know how to deal with problems. but if they had family or friends (which most probably they do) theyre making everyone feel sad. my uncle commited suicide about a year ago, his son, my cousin, felt so sad, he died of grief. this is no joke, its all true. his son was 12 years old and loved his father. but his father ruined his son, and the rest of his family. selfish guy... doesnt care about nething but himself

#67 stitch_my_heart

stitch_my_heart

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 12:51 PM

I do not think that suicide is the answer.

I've been down the road to wanting to do it and it's just not the answer.

I think if you're so down in depression, I think you should talk to someone you can trust about your problems. It's sooo much better than wanting to just kill yourself and get it over with.

I talked to someone about how I was feeling and I don't regret it at all. Everyone has soo much to live for and you shouldn't just throw your life away.

Lacus, your story made me cry. It reminded me sooo much of how I used to be.

I remember when ever my parents would argue, or if I had an argument with a friend, I would always cut to "try" to relieve the pain.

But it doesn't. It only makes things worse.

Edited by stitch_my_heart, 20 October 2005 - 12:54 PM.

#68 Sakura_Chan

Sakura_Chan

Tenshi No Tsubasa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,498 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 02:17 PM

well,my personal thoughts are this,

suicide is NOT the answer.although i cannot say from personal experience,i still don't agree.what would people think if i killed myself?i don't need to ask that question.i know how they would feel,and it would not be preatty.not only would they suffer,but my soul would suffer also.i would'nt be happy,because they would'nt be happy.also,i'm quite into the whole god thing,i pray everyday for his help.i cry out to him when i need him.i beg.i say ''please god''.

and boy,does he respond.you'd be surprised how many times i have opened my bible when i felt depressed,and found things that relate to what's happening with me.it's preatty cool.but,he does'nt only help me.my mom does to.i'm thankfull for the mom that i have because shes understanding.and she'll love me no matter what i do.

Edited by BoA_FaN_929, 20 October 2005 - 02:21 PM.

#69 AzNlUv4BoA

AzNlUv4BoA

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 21 October 2005 - 08:46 PM

I have been a sucidal after a week a found out my boifriend(16) was diagonoted with lukiema and broke up with me and i had to go to a rehab (threathen to kill myself in class) and that place was SCARY AS HELL people there juss grab u and start harrassing u and crap its really scary and no there is no cure...something sooo bad deeep down inside has to be let go someway or another and losing something i loved reallysucked but u no i was only 13 and i really liked him that was all it matter.Sure someone could tell u no and things would be alright but it doesn't change the way u feel.AS much as those people care u no deep down inside u still want this pain too goo away and i can say kutting ur self eases alot of people and get addiccted in doing it,but ur right too depending really who ur talking to bout this situation.aND YA I HAVE A FRIEND THAT ALMOST COMMITED SUCIDED,BUT SHE WAS IN A REHAB FOR A YEAR OR 2 AND THEN SHE STARTED TO DOO DRUGS AND STUFF AND NOW SHES IN JAIL FOR I THINK 5 YEARS I DON;T SEE HER ANYMORE BUT EVERYONCE IN A WHILE I HERE FROM HER FROM HER BOFFIRNED

Edited by AzNlUv4BoA, 21 October 2005 - 08:50 PM.

#70 rissa

rissa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 23 October 2005 - 05:26 AM

God gave u ur life. treasure it.

#71 cxhsu

cxhsu

mmm... BoA's cute

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 26 October 2005 - 03:57 PM

suicide. is two faced. yeah, it's selfish that's what we're supposed to think about it. it not only pries the suicidal from the world but also their loved ones. i agree to how their loved ones would feel. it must hurt to love someone so much; only to find that the next day they've died, in their own hands. i agree it scars those who lose, it's an unbearable burden knowing that your loved one is no longer here, and you've had so many things to talk about it. so many things you wanted to tell them. so many unsaid words there were so many thing syou were going to do. so much lost time. and it is depressing.

but suicide is two faced. it's selfish and that's what we're supposed to think about it. but sometimes it's salvation. sometimes life doesn't even seem like a life anymore. it gets so awful that there is no point to it anymore. and it seems the only way out is through death. dying to live. i understand how there's times when you feel completely different from the world. times when you cry, you abuse, you question why it's only you that's feeling this. why doesn't this happen to anyone else. and if life is really worth living. a point where you get so "depressed" that nothing matters to you anymore. like a dark void, that you've made for yourself and you can't get out.

but everyone goes through that. it's called life. i can't really say how i feel about it. but all i can say is. if you want to it's your own choice. but think about it for 5 minutes before you do. if you die, there's no coming back. no hellos and goodbyes. no one to be with you. you'll never know what would happen to you in the future. you'll lose yourself. you would have lost before it ever began.so, do you really want to die?

#72 rock_with_boa

rock_with_boa

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 30 October 2005 - 02:15 PM

I've had experience with this....I used hurt myself and I had one suicide attempt...Some people want to say that it's selfish and stupid and they're free to say that it's their opinion. Some times those people might not have gone through certain things that have made them think about suicide. I'm not saying those people don't have a right to say that it's free speech but I'm just saying look at it from the point of view of someone in that position.

I used to get the questions why? I started hurting myself in 8th grade now I'm in 12th.
I've going through abuse physical and sexual, relationship problems, and school was the biggest. I turned to hurting myself because everything kept piling up and everytime I did it felt like I was releasing the pain. I didn't have anybody to talk to about what I've gonna even my closest friends still don't know and I just kept it inside until the pressure became too much. It not so much that a person doesn't know how to control their problems it more like they don't want to deal with them.I've been in therapy but I never can trust someone who is only listening to my problems because they're getting paid.

Nowadays I feel that I can trust at least two of my closest friends and I haven't hurt myself since 11th grd. But I still get the pressures and I'm still dealing with my past but I've opened up to my friends and that's helped me deal more.

I've said more then should of I guess...opps... <_<

#73 Felix

Felix

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 30 October 2005 - 04:15 PM

Here's my clear and concise answer. Suicide = Way of cowards

People only do it, because they either:

-Know they lost
-Give up too easily
-Think it's their fault
-Have a huge ego

#74 drummakidd

drummakidd

• BoAjjang Translator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 03 November 2005 - 10:22 AM

I agree with what a lot of people said. Suicide is just dumb. I've seen people try it and I understand why a lot of people think about it (I've thought about it too) but there's so much to live for. Yes live is cruel, unjust, etc... but you make the most out of your life and circumstances. If you believe in yourself you can accomplish/live through anything that's basically what it boils down to. Also since I'm Christian I believe that I have a purpose in this life and that even if I am in a crappy situation things will work out eventually, and they have =).

One main reason why I think people shouldn't commit suicide (whether you are religious or not) is: you have amazing and caring friends who love you and will help you out (even if you don't think you do) and that in itself is a reason for living.
Another reason how are you gonna accomplish your dreams, hopes, goals, etc? You won't be able to if you give up on life. Work through it. Persevere that's how you get stronger.

Edited by drummakidd, 03 November 2005 - 10:22 AM.

#75 x__NiCOLE

x__NiCOLE

My family just disowned me!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 03 November 2005 - 02:07 PM

suicide is what selfish ppl do. because the people who commit it obviously dont know how to deal with problems. but if they had family or friends (which most probably they do) theyre making everyone feel sad. my uncle commited suicide about a year ago, his son, my cousin, felt so sad, he died of grief. this is no joke, its all true. his son was 12 years old and loved his father. but his father ruined his son, and the rest of his family. selfish guy... doesnt care about nething but himself

I agree with "suicide is a selfish act" and it may seem (from our point of view) as VERY selfish, but it's more of the fact that they can't control they're emotions. They don't know how to deal with their problems, true, yes, but it's like saying, "depression is a selfish thing". They ruin everyone around them with their constant negative attitude, and yet people don't seem to hate them as much.

My friend (he was only a;lskdfj;alskjdf 13 years old) just commited suicide monday morning at 6:17 happy halloween? psh, yeah right. He has been bullied for... a long time. People were peeing in his locker, all over his P.E. clothes. They were stealing his money right underneath his nose. He tried to reach out; his grades started dropping. He's an ALL A student. And he made a freakin D on his report card. Highly unusual. His parents got REALLY mad, blah blah blah, grounded him, blah blah blah. Everything was just going on a downhill slope. And he couldn't handle it anymore.

Yeah, why couldn't he talk to someone? It's been going through every single one of our minds.
Some people just aren't as strong as others.

Anyway, back to the point, it was their decision to do it. I'm not saying it's a good thing. I agree that it's selfish. But you can't get mad at them for being mad. Or sad. Or frustrated. It's just some people get tired of dealing with everything. In the end, you have to just be happy with the memories you have of those people.

Anyway, after this little ordeal, all thoughts of suicide are strictly on "why did he do it" Never, ever, ever going to commit suicide. I hope I don't have to go to one of my friend's funerals again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users