• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,013 posts

Posted 05 June 2005 - 07:18 AM

Most know it's wrong, yet why is it?

Defination according to dictionary.com:

in·cest
n.

1.  Sexual relations between persons who are so closely related that their marriage is illegal or forbidden by custom.

2.  The statutory crime of sexual relations with such a near relative.

#2 kuraudo

kuraudo

I belong in a mental asylum!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,266 posts

Posted 05 June 2005 - 07:26 AM

Besides legal matters?
Besides obvious grossness?

Heres the evidence, Hardcore.
What happens when there is a limited genepool its near guaranteed
that the children become retarded or very very low IQ.
The Human race thrives on natural selection, BUT also thrives more on
Diversifying it's genepool.
The remnants of late renaissance time period royalty and Egyptian
shown with limited genepool were proven extremely dumb and several
born with bio genetical mutations.

Mutatations.
Low intelligence.
IT all happens TODAY.

I am sure theres someone hotter than your cousin..

Edited by kuraudo, 05 June 2005 - 08:02 PM.

#3 cosmic_avian

cosmic_avian

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 05 June 2005 - 01:38 PM

Incest is wrong.
Sure, there are some morals that say you shouldn't marry your cousin, some say it's alright, but some say it's wrong. But they're only partially related. Your sister or your brother? Your father or mother? That's a bit too far don't you agree?

Especially with all the results that are attached to the offsprings of the couple. I hear bad stuff happens.

Is it possible that the genetic structures somehow conflict due to their similarity?

#4 Kat

Kat

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 06 June 2005 - 12:02 PM

It's became a legal issue because it was such a social taboo. The reason why it's such a social taboo is because of biology bascially. Humans want to create the best children so that the species can continue. It's basically instinct in us that says that we can't have the best children to keep the species going if we procreate with our relatives.

I believe the farthest away from you it can be when there aren't any genetic ramifications because of incest is your 3rd cousin, but I'm just recalling that, and am not sure if that's even a reliable source that I'm calling it from.

That's mostly why incest is considered wrong, and why the bicycle was the best thing to ever happen to Eurpoe and Asia. It allowed easier travel outside of your own village so you didn't have to resort to incest to continue the family.

#5 Deathdemon

Deathdemon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,448 posts

Posted 06 June 2005 - 12:14 PM

i'm sorry, but the one word i think of when i herd the word incest is "nasty." it makes hidden genetic diseases spread like poppys. haven't you ever herd of the blue people of the Appalachians? nasty, incest family moved into the mountains and one of the family members had a rare disease gene and when they have sex and their kids have sex with each other and their kid's kids, and so on. so these people had blue skin cuz the disease was genetic, and when you keep it within the family, poof. nasty, genetic diseases occur. what about the amish? some of their kids have "rare" diseases because they can sleep with their first cousins. blegh, blegh, blegh...how can people have sex with their own family members? what is going on inside their heads? having sex isn't worth it if it's going to be with a relative.

#6 Kat

Kat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 06 June 2005 - 12:23 PM

^The idea of incest comes from two things. The first is lack of other people to procreate with. Humans main thing in life is to procreate to carry on the species and traditions of the like. Therefore, if there is no one else but your first cousin to procreate with you kinda feel obligated too.

The second idea is in keeping the blood lines "pure." You see that more with royals, I mean look at the English Royal family, all of them are somewhat related. It's so that the money and blood stays "royal." Same is true with small groups like the amish. The amish want to keep their kids as amish because they don't want the amish tradition to die out, so the only real way to ensure that is to make them marry and have kids with other amish people. And if by some chance the only other amish person is your cousin well then, all for the sake of tradition and family values right?

#7 CKJ-C

CKJ-C

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,311 posts

Posted 08 June 2005 - 12:23 PM

But if its love that matters, then it shouldnt matter?

Lol no would never think of marrying my siblings are my relatives but when I hear about that argument about gay people it just brings me to then why isnt incest ok? I hope I didnt stir things up too bad...

#8 cosmic_avian

cosmic_avian

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 08 June 2005 - 01:16 PM

I don't think the argument "If it's love, then it doesn't matter" support the whole idea of incest. Apparently, you're not supposed to love your own kin the same way you love someone that isn't from your tribe.

I don't know who came up with that, but I guess that was the last century. Is it possible that in the mid-21st century, families will begin to fall in love with themselves?

#9 hibiki

hibiki

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 08 June 2005 - 05:45 PM

I don't believe that there are any excuses that can justify incest in any way shape or form. Incest is just plain wrong. period.

#10 Irzu7

Irzu7

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 06:14 AM

i dont get it... what's incest?!?!?!

i thought incest were the things buddis people light up and pray with... can someone explain.. is incest marrying your cousin?!?!

View Post

^incest is having sexual relations with a close relative eg; cousin, sister, brother etc...

but hey even the neanderthals understood that incest was wrong...they went to extrodinary lengths to increase their gene pool that they kidnapped other members of other clans jus so they wouldn't have 2 procreate with one another...so if the primitive man like the neanderthals had enough sense to not practice incest, it'd be physically, morally and socially wrong for us - the 'modern advanced' people of 2day 2 engage in it.

#11 joey168

joey168

mmm... BoA's cute

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 05:19 PM

when you say incest my thoughts are with the european royal families... have you seen their family line, it was full of cousins marrying cousins. WWI was like royalty war or something!

i actually had a conversation about this with someone, and their comment was
"if there is a law against incest, doesn't that mean that it was a a big problem, and that it happened frequently?"

was the incest law derived because of the sexual assaults that occurred within a family circle?

if someone told me they were having relations with a family member i'd be somewhat disturbed, but then again what if they were having relations with someone by marriage and not by blood?

#12 dictatormax84

dictatormax84

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 10:30 AM

logic : incest should be allow .... how the offsprings of adams and eve procreate? if people say that incest cause problems, i think, we are the problems already.
animals have sex with their family members.... i.e. queen bees and worker bees,
rats..... birds... all.

my opinions: incest should not be allow. morally it is wrong. as humans can think better we should not.

#13 CKJ-C

CKJ-C

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,311 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 04:20 PM

The thing is Gays are allowed to be together and their whole argument is as long both of them loves each other and its their choice. Cant that be applied to incest as well? For some reason when Gay's are allowed to marry and all that stuff, I can see incest thing come up....

And yes, I'm straight.

Edited by CKJ-C, 01 July 2005 - 04:20 PM.

#14 MZero

MZero

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 05:41 PM

I think the issue is so remote and people stay so far away from it, that a lot of us don't have the right to judge it, 'cause we know so little about it. That being said, doesn't mean I don't think it's absolutely unacceptable, however I think that's just because of how our society is like today, I mean 3,000 years ago in China people had no problems at all marrying and getting with their cousins, and now our social norms had decided that it's utterly and totally wrong, which is a concept that's embedded in all of us, that I don't doubt, but I wouldn't be surprised if 200 years later, something changes the smiliar way...

#15 cosmic_avian

cosmic_avian

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 07:19 PM

Probably this whole western culture that spread to a whole bunch of places impacted us and now we're all anti-incest.

Lots of things that are MORALLY right are considered IMMORAL to the western society.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users