98 replies to this topic

#16 MZero

MZero

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 09:53 PM

Probably this whole western culture that spread to a whole bunch of places impacted us and now we're all anti-incest.

Lots of things that are MORALLY right are considered IMMORAL to the western society.

View Post

an example?

#17 dictatormax84

dictatormax84

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 02 July 2005 - 01:00 AM

Probably this whole western culture that spread to a whole bunch of places impacted us and now we're all anti-incest.

Lots of things that are MORALLY right are considered IMMORAL to the western society.

View Post

an example?

View Post

having several wives... US and Europe think they are noble and decided that it is legally wrong ... in asia, malay families can allow it, chinese history also allow it,.... so that's one example.

#18 MZero

MZero

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 02 July 2005 - 07:30 AM

well, that's just their difference in value, ancient China respected women much less :D like women can't be soldiers

#19 cosmic_avian

cosmic_avian

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 02 July 2005 - 07:19 PM

well, that's just their difference in value, ancient China respected women much less :P like women can't be soldiers

View Post

As far as I remember, almost everyone respected women much less. Like, before, women couldn't vote, much less be a soldier o.O

But then it all changed :P

Values sometimes affect our decisions on what seems to be immoral and whatnot.

#20 kingster0517

kingster0517

For Shiznittle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,255 posts

Posted 02 July 2005 - 09:30 PM

omg this topic is reminding me of oldboy and i did not like that movie. i think its not too good to marry your cousin or your daughter or something weird like that. its just not.... not very nowish. not very much in the present time. and it could be harmful too (with the genes and the babies and stuff). overall, not good. i think variety is good in a the society today. im totally wacked out mixed. atleast thats what i think and what my friends keep telln me. and its all good. mixture is good.

#21 Sasushu

Sasushu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 03 July 2005 - 01:22 AM

Incest to me is freaky...but in some cases its justified, like that book 'Flowers in the attic'. Personally I think its disgusting and wrong, marrying and having sexual relations with any family member; its okay to love them in a family way...but in any other romantic way is just ....wrong. However its up to a single person to decide what is moral to them and what is immoral, we probably don't all have the same opinions. This is just my opinion. :lol:

#22 goodkarma

goodkarma

GROOVEDiGGER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,302 posts

Posted 04 July 2005 - 07:25 AM

I have a friend who lives on the policy "love is love", no matter what. She thinks that if you fall in love with your brother, it's okay because it's love, if you fall in love with someone of the same sex, it's okay because it's love (I'm not against gay couples/marriage, FYI). She told me the only thing she was against was bestiality (sexual relations between a human and an animal) and pedophilia/hebephilia because one of the partners might not be able to give consent.

The thing that irks me about incest is just, like everyone else said, it just seems so taboo to me. Perhaps I am just being closed-minded, I don't know, but I have always thought of incest as disgusting. And as mentioned before, not only do I think that because of my own personal beliefs, but because of birth defects. That's not fair to the child.

#23 CKJ-C

CKJ-C

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,311 posts

Posted 04 July 2005 - 02:09 PM

Did anyone see the episode of Simpsons when Homer opens his own chapel for gays to get married and then later on, incest, animals as well. I think this episode was sending a message if gays is allowed why shouldnt others?

#24 RNA072100

RNA072100

~*Luvin' BoA*~

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,164 posts

Posted 19 July 2005 - 01:04 AM

I can see why incest would be consider nasty. Just to think of a person marrying someone who's coming from the same family blood line sounds even wrong. But, i just don't like the defination of it! Let me make up a story. But, possibably to be true.

A mom (who is single) has a daughter. The mom is getting married to a man (who is single) but, he to has a child, a son. As soon as they get married, the daughter would consider the man's son her Step-brother. The son would consider the mom's daughter to be his step-sister. But, they're only related because both their single parents got married. Realisticly, they're biologically not related. So, if the daughter and son love each other in away and to the point they want to get married, would that be wrong too? Even though they're biologically not related, only related by their parents marrage?

If you read the defination "The statutory crime of sexual relations with such a near relative." Ok, the son and daughter would now be family and practically relative. So, is wrong just because they're now family by parent's marriage?

Personally, if it was like that, i wouldn't think it would be wrong! Only sounds wrong because they're STEP-sister and brother.

Edited by RNA072100, 19 July 2005 - 01:05 AM.

#25 Mikenyhk

Mikenyhk

My family just disowned me!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,935 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 08:02 AM

this is very simple.. if u have sex/incest with your own family members.. u will mix up ur blood and cause you to have defect babies...that are retarded/have many illness..

2nd.. Incest happens in the old old days and in bibl, greek mythology and egypt especially.. greek god, egyptian gods.. u should read n find out the result with the son kills the father or either way.. sad***

#26 shirlee

shirlee

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 07 August 2005 - 06:45 AM

I just finished reading a book about incest. The twins fell in love with each other. The girl likes her brother, and the brother likes her. It is love alright, but it is askewed. The whole book was just freaky. Friendship can turn into love, but can the love between family members turn into romance? NO, that is not accepted in the society. Call me old-fashioned, I don't care. IF the two are related (bro/sis, cousinz), then itz wrong.

#27 thaly

thaly

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 07 August 2005 - 03:13 PM

everyone has already said their definition of incest and i totally agree. i think that it's gross and just wrong. plus, having sex w/a relative could threaten their lives and children's as well bc of the diseases and such. but i know a lot of royals who have committed this crime bc they want to stay in one family and don't want to extend their family into another. weird....

#28 Kai_Hiwatari_543

Kai_Hiwatari_543

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 11:37 PM

"If you fall in love, you fall in love. You can't help who you fall in love with, because it's boring if you could right?" -Hideki from Chobits (with some of my own alterations) I don't think it's right or wrong, I think you shouldn't let society decide who you should or shouldn't fall in love with... Whether it be a persocon, a family member, or anything else...

#29 Btdeadman

Btdeadman

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 11 August 2005 - 02:04 AM

Incest is not right in today's society, two people who are blood related with one another shouldn't be allowed to have sexual intercourse or a relationship with each other only because it is wrong and improper in a family, it would ruin the family's reputation if it happened and having an offspring of an incest couple would cause that offspring to be "retarded" or messed up...so basically, I think incest is very wrong, and yeah it made me think about that movie "Old Boy" which was so messed up 0_0

#30 Censhine

Censhine

mmm... BoA's cute

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 23 August 2005 - 03:27 PM

Alright here we go.

Incest is bad if its directly with in the bloodline. If you feel a fancy for your mom, your sister, your brother, father, or grandparents, don't act on it. Wait it out, it'll pass. If you feel a fancy for your aunt or your uncle, wait it out, it'll pass. If it doesn't, wait a little longer. It will pass. If you feel a fancy for your cousin, second cousin, step-family or in-laws of any nature, wait it out. Let them come toyou. The more the merrier. Like a family reunion horizontally. It's ok to go for people that you didn't directly descend from or there aren't at least 2 forks in the family tree.

I'm not saying this for any other reason than to let you know what imo is a very safe and acceptable thing to do in the privacy of your own home. Leave your 8 year old sisters alone and go over to your 18 year old second cousins' houseinstead.

I might really like you guys, as much as anyone can like some one over the internet without going through that whole cyber sex phase, so nothing that you say you're into will ever make me think less of you. I think it would be stupid and pointless to tell you guys not to like those things and to like what i like, because thats like going to a church and tell them to stop believing in their faith. Ain't gonna happen. It's really pointless.

I'm not turning a blind eye or my cheek or anything its just that i don't care what you do in the privacy of your own home. I don't care to hear about it, but if i do stumble across it on a topic i won't condone you for it either.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users