98 replies to this topic

#46 Blank

Blank

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 12:02 AM

Incest....... no......... that is just plain disgusting......

com'on i'm sure there are other hot girls out there other then your sister or your cousin, or mom......... :ew:........

#47 Winged_Weltall

Winged_Weltall

mmm... BoA's cute

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 02:57 PM

incest is wrong, because sex is for love, so they say (whoever they is) and the love for a relative is different from a 'non' relative.

#48 Ricadonna

Ricadonna

Gackt Inspector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,285 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 03:47 PM

I find it disturbing. :S.

Long replies, mebbe~?
http://forums.boajja...showtopic=17794 :lol:

It's wrong because, like others have said, the recessive traits will show up more in each new generation, which can cause huge problems like deformities, mutations, and diseases. Like the Russian (I believe?) royal family, who all had hemophilia because they were all inbred. It's also seen in purebred animals, who have shorter life spans & are more suscpetible to diseases.

As society has changed, so have morals/values/ethics; way back when, when there were a lot of monarchs, incest was the only way to go to keep bloodlines pure, and they actually fell in love (sometimes) & had kids, etc.

I don't really know how to state my opinion without disgusting myself or other people, haha. o__o; I mean, right now, I'm not going to be like "if my brother/father & I want to get married, well, we should be allowed to!" because... I don't have romantic feelings for my brother or father... but... like Jeffu said, if circumstances were different I would probably think differently about it...

#49 Jakalope'sBoy

Jakalope'sBoy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 11:45 AM

Wow, I can't believe I actually disagree with Jeffu, Ricadonna and kuraudo.

You all have stated it is wrong due to procreation purposes. How about if an incestuous couple does not want to procreate? Gay relations (sister/sister, daughter/mother, brother/brother/ or son/father) or simply not interested in having children. Besides, we were taught its sick (which isn't really a logical explanation). How about those who do not want to bear children and are incestous?

So, if a couple is not interested in having children I don't think its wrong. I'm am certainly NOT interested in incest though. LOL. I have been taught it was wrong and therefore making it something I do not want to pursue. It's not something I am interested in challenging or pursuing either LOL.

Edited by Jakalope'sBoy, 20 February 2006 - 11:46 AM.

#50 kuraudo

kuraudo

I belong in a mental asylum!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,266 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 11:57 AM

You all have stated it is wrong due to procreation purposes. How about if an incestuous couple does not want to procreate? Gay relations (sister/sister, daughter/mother, brother/brother/ or son/father) or simply not interested in having children. Besides, we were taught its sick (which isn't really a logical explanation). How about those who do not want to bear children and are incestous?

So, if a couple is not interested in having children I don't think its wrong. I'm am certainly NOT interested in incest though. LOL. I have been taught it was wrong and therefore making it something I do not want to pursue. It's not something I am interested in challenging or pursuing either LOL.

Well ok, that makes sense. I don't really mind if you disagree with me, but with Ricadonna..
thats a shock!! :)

Actually, in general if a couple (straight, gay)
doesn't partake in having kids, I don't see anything wrong with that.
It's always a choice to have kids or not have kids, its a good choice!

But:
"If one wants to be incestuous without bearing of children"
Ok I pretend I go back to predate my Christian foundations, which is 13 years old and before, I still either instinctually+/- Socially that it is sick. Maybe not as sick as having incestuous kids, but not acceptable to me and here is why I feel that way:

As far as morals/religions/whatever I believe, it is also somewhat congruent with accepting social norms.

Now if one wants to go against all social norms, I say to be safe, it is recommended
where one should go to a deserted island and practice whatever animalistic desires they may have.

One strange behavior (in an asian island close to Thailand I believe)
is the elongating of the neck through the use of rings. They find long giraffe necks highly sexy for whatever reason. The punishment for a lady is to remove those rings while their head falls to the side and they choke.
Now common sense tells them its sexy and normal.
Common sense to us says thats ridiculous and its easy to kill anyone you feel like by removing those rings.

Living in a more educated "world" and taught through the ways of society, morality, science and faith, its conclusive in my opinion that Incest is unacceptable.

Edited by kuraudo, 20 February 2006 - 12:03 PM.

#51 Jakalope'sBoy

Jakalope'sBoy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 12:09 PM

Well ok, that makes sense. I don't really mind if you disagree with me, but with Ricadonna..
thats a shock!! :P

Actually, in general if a couple doesn't partake in having kids, I don't see anything wrong with that.

But:
"If one wants to be incestuous without bearing of children"
Ok I pretend I go back to predate my Christian foundations, which is 13 years old and before, I still either instinctually+/- Socially that it is sick. Maybe not as sick as having incestuous kids, but not acceptable to me and here is why I feel that way:

As far as morals/religions/whatever I believe, it is also somewhat congruent with accepting social norms.

Now if one wants to go against all social norms, I say to be safe, it is recommended
where one should go to a deserted island and practice whatever animalistic desires they may have.

One strange behavior (in an asian island close to Thailand I believe)
is the elongating of the neck through the use of rings. They find long giraffe necks highly sexy for whatever reason. The punishment for a lady is to remove those rings while their head falls to the side and they choke.
Now common sense tells them its sexy and normal.
Common sense to us says thats ridiculous and its easy to kill anyone you feel like by removing those rings.

Living in a more educated "world" and taught through the ways of society, morality, science and faith, its conclusive in my opinion that Incest is unacceptable.

Yeah, karundo, we have our disagreements but I always respect your views because they always make sense but aren't always necessarily from where I'm coming from. Same with Ricadonna of course, but we barely disagree. :) I swear, she is the female version of me. :)

I do see your point as with our world it would be a lot different and it makes sense to us. I don't agree with the giraffe situation as it doesn't seem consenting and has its obvious threats.

With an incestual couple, while it makes me uncomfortable if they do not have any kids I don't feel I have a say in their business since I cannot yet find anything logically wrong with that conduct.

#52 Ricadonna

Ricadonna

Gackt Inspector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,285 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 01:25 PM

Oh, no, I don't mean I think it's wrong and should never happen.

(I'm not going to let you disagree with me, haha XD). That's what I meant when I said if the circumstances were different. People in modern society are raised with the notion that incest is wrong. My parents never really said aloud "you can't find your family members attractive," but I think for the majority of people, it's like an unspoken 'law' of nature that you don't procreate with those related to you.

So I do agree, that if they won't procreate, they should be allowed to be together.
But they would more than likely have sex, and if they're a heterosexual couple, what if their birth control doesn't work? I suppose you can surgically remove the organs and cells needed to concieve life, though.

In some states I believe it's legal to get married to a cousin? Or in some countries, at least (I read in a manga that cousins can get married in Japan, but who knows how reliable that is, haha). But, like kuraudo said, it's against social norms...

But so is homosexuality...

I dunno. I could go on a looong tangent, but I do agree with you. I didn't meant to say it's wrong and people should never ever be allowed to be together if they're related.

#53 Jakalope'sBoy

Jakalope'sBoy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 03:03 PM

I just re-read your post. XD

if circumstances were different I would probably think differently about it...

I missed the above part.

Oh, no, I don't mean I think it's wrong and should never happen.

(I'm not going to let you disagree with me, haha XD). That's what I meant when I said if the circumstances were different. People in modern society are raised with the notion that incest is wrong. My parents never really said aloud "you can't find your family members attractive," but I think for the majority of people, it's like an unspoken 'law' of nature that you don't procreate with those related to you.

Precisely.

This is where I was getting at (and unfortunately misread your post). It is the unspoken law that has molded our minds into thinking it is disgusting as well as religious, social and health concern (for propagation).

The issue of bearing a child was constantly spoken of so I was wondering what people would think of a child was not in mind or prevented in this circumstance.

#54 Blue*winter

Blue*winter

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 09:54 AM

Its just flat out wrong.

BUT

I know of some prominent families who marry their children to cousins and such just to "keep" the family fortune intact.

That is just.. gross.

#55 andros

andros

pretty fly.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,126 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 07:56 PM

exactly how i feel
i mean.. i guess, sometimes you really can't help how you feel?
so it's okay as long as they don't decide to have children
this isn't an issue that i'm strongly for or against
i get kind of irritated when people say "EW, WTFREAK. GROSS, GROSS, GROSS!" though

ps - has anyone seen autumn's tale?
i swear he had a thing for his sister even before he found out they weren't really related

#56 kuraudo

kuraudo

• Members
  • 12,266 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 08:06 PM

. But, like kuraudo said, it's against social norms...

But so is homosexuality...

You are getting somewhere! But times have flipped.

Homosexuality is far more acceptable than incest, although in the past Incest
was more common than homosexuality.

On the sex issue:
Even for animal breeders, they report drastic characteristics weakness for interbreeding,
but its worse in Humans. (It's just something to consider). As Ricadonna said that after many years
together accidental pregnancy is bound to take place.
While home sexual sex has much less risks.

Be aware of consequences:

Having it against all social norms (making you a serious outcast)
just remember the consequences of your actions.
(The above ^ and..)
If you don't mind your family disowning you and living in all occlusion, going on talk shows
a lot, getting fingers pointed at you, then one has already considered the consequences.
(SO i guess your Mom and Dad never loved
you anyway right? Now that their own two kids are married?..who needs them anyway)

If they still want to continue on,
they can go right ahead, who's to stop them.

Edited by kuraudo, 23 February 2006 - 08:16 PM.

#57 x__NiCOLE

x__NiCOLE

My family just disowned me!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 18 March 2006 - 10:37 PM

Wow, I don't know how far this has gone [and I certainly DO NOT want to go read every single post to catch up and not reiterate what anyone has said], so I'll just tell a true story that happened at our highschool two years ago.

I guess not very many people knew what had been going on, but there was a brother and sister (the brother was a senior, the sister was a sophomore), who had sexual relations behind everyone's backs. To everyone else, it just looked like they were very close (ew). The last six weeks of her sophomore year, the girl got pregnant. I never found out what happened to the guy. None of the names were said in the newspaper (both were the ages were 17&16.. so they couldn't release it in the first place).

So, that's pretty disgusting. I really, really detest incest. I mean, I guess you could say it's like homosexuality, but not just the fact that you are "in love" with your own blood, it's not healthy either. I know someone said earlier that if they don't wish to have children, they suppose it's okay. I guess I could see it from that perspective, because you shouldn't judge people by who they love :X

But still, ew.

#58 kuraudo

kuraudo

• Members
  • 12,266 posts

Posted 19 March 2006 - 01:53 PM

Oh my God, are we still on this topic?

What part of Don't F*CK you Momma, don't your understand?

Maybe the outcasts of society missed being in the womb..and wish to revisit.

Who needs science to tell me thats gross.

#59 AznFob

AznFob

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 417 posts

Posted 19 March 2006 - 10:42 PM

Luving a family member is wrong.
Luving a person of the same sex is wrong.
Luving a person not from the same family is right.
Luving a person of the opposite sex is right.
you see a person luving his mom is it wrong?
you see a a male luving another male is this wrong?

These are our social norms
I live by these norms
But not everyone can
everyone is different
wether it be physically or mentally.

#60 Renchu

Renchu

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 04:20 AM

Incest = No.

I don't like incest. It's morally wrong. It's wrong above all averages.

This is why in some of these anime's I hate it when they seem to pair up 2 brothers. It's always the brothers. Why? Because it looks kinky and fangirls can jack-off to pictures on the paper making out. :/ There is very little thought into actually decifering if it's actually making sense or even RIGHT.

Disguisting.

You should love your sibling as family. Nothing more.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users