#61 fantom

fantom

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 07:20 PM

Incest = No.

I don't like incest. It's morally wrong. It's wrong above all averages.

This is why in some of these anime's I hate it when they seem to pair up 2 brothers. It's always the brothers. Why? Because it looks kinky and fangirls can jack-off to pictures on the paper making out. :/ There is very little thought into actually decifering if it's actually making sense or even RIGHT.

Disguisting.

You should love your sibling as family. Nothing more.

i agree, i swear if anyone ever tells me they think someone in their family is hot or any weird stuff no1 wants to hear im going to beat them up

*i was trying so hard to not use any curse words there*

#62 Chibi_Mayu

Chibi_Mayu

Mahou Shoujo sparkles

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,860 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 07:42 AM

EW. @[email protected]

Like all other people, I think Incest is not only gross, but is also wrong in all aspects. Though it may be okay to think of a family member as 'hot' or physically attractive, BUT that's all it can get. It shouldn't get to the point of having a relationship (worse if it's sexual) with them.

Some people may say that love conquers all. In reality, it's doesn't. If you're referring to the intimate kind of love, then it really doesn't. Because not all turns into a happy ending (e.g incest). You may not get what you want/love, but after that, for sure things will turn out for the best.

#63 swtchiq

swtchiq

ladida

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,315 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 01:55 PM

agh...beside the obvious fact that it is disgusting and wrong. if you're gonna get pregnant because of incesting. man, that'd be sad. especially for your kids. since incest happens between people that you're related to or your family members to, you & your partner will have similar genes and it mess up your baby... =|

#64 andros

andros

pretty fly.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,126 posts

Posted 15 April 2006 - 07:55 PM

i agree, i swear if anyone ever tells me they think someone in their family is hot or any weird stuff no1 wants to hear im going to beat them up

you wouldn't be able to beat me up. haha

i think it's wrong also, but.. well. there are worse things in life? in the end, as long as people are happy with the person of their choice & they keep it their business... go for it.

why does everyone have to make sex a part of this
it's understandable, but i hate how people make sex out to be like it's the most important thing

#65 Spring Sakura

Spring Sakura

My family just disowned me!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,540 posts

Posted 15 April 2006 - 09:33 PM

Incest = No.

I don't like incest. It's morally wrong. It's wrong above all averages.

Here's the thing that confuses me. "morally wrong"?
Exactly, where do these morals come from?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not interested in incest, mainly because I too am fully intergrated into my society's norms...I'm a sheep, just like everyone else.

But this got me thinking. Morals? What defines our morals?
What makes something "morally wrong"?

Like Paddy and others before me have mentioned, what happens when two people (involved in incest) do not want to have children? Is it still wrong?

If so, why?

Just for the record, if someone replies to that with a "it just is" ...I'm going to beat you with a stick. :hug: j/k

Recently in Philosophy we started our lectures on Ethics and Morals.
If we use reductionism in terms of "cultural relativism" to discuss this, the argument on incest being 'morally wrong' just goes out the window.

Consider the statement:

"Incest is morally wrong"

For this statement to be true, there must be something called 'incest' in the world, and this object must have the property of being 'morally wrong'.

Incest = the act of having sexual relations with a person of one's immediate family.

Morally wrong/ (wrong) = [using reductionism method] We can agree that something is 'wrong' when it causes unecessary pain and suffering.

In this case we should conclude that "Incest causes uncessary pain and suffering".

But is this true?

Not exactly. The people involved, may as well, be very happy together. As long as they aren't having children, they aren't really hurting anyone are they?

Then, according to common sense, if Incest isn't morally wrong, then it must be right then?

Morally right = we can agree that something is right when it promotes happiness.

And this can be true in some cases. Maybe for the two parties involved in incest, being together DOES make them happy.
At the same time, society makes it not-so for them, and that should make them unhappy.
Hence, incest does NOT promote happiness.

So one should believe that it is MORALLY WRONG, right?
But that just brings us right back to our first problem.

So you see, people, incest can not be defined as 'morally' anything. Humans in society define what is 'right' or 'wrong' in many absurd ways. It's all subject to individual perception.

BWHAHAHAH, yeh, so I pretty much just closed the door to the argument that Incest is 'morally wrong'. perhaps this will make this debate more interesting? :hug:

It also means if anyone still manages to post something about Incest being 'morally wrong', then we'll know they didn't bother to read anyone else's posts. :hug:

Of course, I'm only an amatuer philosopher-in-training, so I COULD be wrong. So feel free to rebuke my argument. =)

#66 LiquidMatrix

LiquidMatrix

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 15 April 2006 - 09:54 PM

^ I agree that morals and ethics are entirely subjective, and in which nothing is absolutely correct. Yet at the same time, they should not be ignored or brushed off as intolerant babble (not saying you were implying it ^^) Everything is ethnocentrically judged upon, and convincing 6.5 billion people, let alone a handful of board members to be tolerant against their beliefs is a brutally slow process. Politically correct, but slow v.v

Incest can only be harmful physically to the genetically maladjusted offspring it brings, while possibly emotionally scaring the family. But love does transcend all; it's all a matter of how many boundries you're willing to break to reach it.

#67 Itachi

Itachi

BoA* Guardian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,348 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 05:13 PM

The world is huge. There is NO reason whatsoever to end up with your cousin, brother, sister, or something to that effect. If you think about it...eww...just eww.

#68 kireisnowtenshi

kireisnowtenshi

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 05:25 PM

The world is huge. There is NO reason whatsoever to end up with your cousin, brother, sister, or something to that effect. If you think about it...eww...just eww.

LMAO ^_^ . Good point.

Well I wasnt going to mention anything in this thread but the topic or morals came into play so...

The only reason why morals are even mentioned with Incest is because in American society in general more than half of the population is Christian based. Morals and ethics comes from people's social acceptance of their religion and the norms of society. Basically people read in that bible that coveting thy mother or sister or what have you is wrong and sinful. :(

Im not really a SA lmao but it makes sense. ...and just for the record Im Christian. And I do think incest is wrong not because of societies "unspoken rules" but because why explore within the family when there's a whole wide world out there waiting with people that arent blood related to me. But hell you if you really want to get married within the family just make sure you do it in Alabama or join a Polygomist commmunity :D

#69 arch

arch

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 05:19 PM

Although i believe that nothing can interfere with love, I don't think we should still conduct these antediluvian actions. First of all it was conducted in the middle ages and caused premature birth defects.

That would be a no!

#70 Mardy Bum

Mardy Bum

My family just disowned me!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,545 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 09:23 PM

Hmm, I also think incest is wrong becuase your children may end up retarded and abnormal and the human race will be crap lol.

But what im thinking of is what about the early people did they have incest or something?

#71 Ricadonna

Ricadonna

Gackt Inspector

• Members
  • 6,285 posts

Posted 26 April 2006 - 12:15 PM

Hmm, I also think incest is wrong becuase your children may end up retarded and abnormal and the human race will be crap lol.

But what im thinking of is what about the early people did they have incest or something?

Back in the days where most governments were monarchies, or when bloodlines were really important, familes would only marry their cousins and in severe cases their siblings, to keep their bloodlines "pure". Kinda like how you breed a dog only within its breed or general 'family' so it'll have the best features.

If that's what you were asking about, that is. lol.

#72 lilazndemongrl

lilazndemongrl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 26 April 2006 - 02:22 PM

Back in the days where most governments were monarchies, or when bloodlines were really important, familes would only marry their cousins and in severe cases their siblings, to keep their bloodlines "pure". Kinda like how you breed a dog only within its breed or general 'family' so it'll have the best features.

If that's what you were asking about, that is. lol.

lol. they sure as heck did. oh yeah and adam and eve's children. there was definitely incest there. heck now that i've stated it, there's incest in the Bible!! ^_^ and what about luke skywalker and princess leia?! 0_0 iono. when it comes to sodonomy (homosexuality) and incest, i try as best i can to stay out of it. it's other people's business. they can do whatever the please with their own lives. disgusting or not, i wouldn't know. it's not my place to know or to judge. :rolleyes:

#73 Jakalope'sBoy

Jakalope'sBoy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 27 April 2006 - 04:41 PM

Unsurprisingly, Ricadonna is correct.

I would also like to add that many, many civilizations ago incest did not hold the social stigma it has today. It didn't cause a commotion and was quite normal. Noticeably, times have changed.

Edited by Jakalope'sBoy, 27 April 2006 - 04:44 PM.

#74 Itachi

Itachi

BoA* Guardian

• Members
  • 5,348 posts

Posted 27 April 2006 - 05:22 PM

Incest was not viewed as bad back in the day probably because they didn't know the effects, but with age comes wisdom. We know that now.

#75 self

self

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 16 May 2006 - 01:08 PM

i've studied inbreeding in biology and it can result in a lot of harmful effects on the offspring. i'm not surprised it's illegal, it's not cause it's gross, it's cause it's bad for humans to inbreed. imagine in 1000 years if everyone was brother and sister.... not only that but after years of inbreeding everyone was all bent over and really short and allergic to everything and had loads of genetic disorders.... it's called inbreeding depression and it's because of all the reccessive alleles knocking around coming together and having a harmful effect on people.

there's a reason people are meant to marry outside of their immediate family you know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users