98 replies to this topic

#76 confucious468

confucious468

Renaissance Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,392 posts

Posted 16 May 2006 - 01:19 PM

It's one thing to say, "Oh, if they weren't related to me, I'd so try to date them." But it's another to say, "They're not really related to me...so..why not?" =0

#77 JustLovely

JustLovely

|/\-{¤Jëñn¤}-/\|

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 17 May 2006 - 08:26 PM

Besides legal matters?
Besides obvious grossness?

Heres the evidence, Hardcore.
What happens when there is a limited genepool its near guaranteed
that the children become retarded or very very low IQ.
The Human race thrives on natural selection, BUT also thrives more on
Diversifying it's genepool.
The remnants of late renaissance time period royalty and Egyptian
shown with limited genepool were proven extremely dumb and several
born with bio genetical mutations.

Mutatations.
Low intelligence.
IT all happens TODAY.

I am sure theres someone hotter than your cousin..

Better said danny. lol

It would disrupt your blood content especially if you have children. They would not...be extremely normal o.o That is why it is wrong. It is wrong..simply because...they are your relatives. You shoud love them as family not...significant others. o.o
It's just..-sigh- not right :/ I mean sure you should be able to love anyone you want, but relatives is just crossing the line. And I suppose when asked this in a different way, it is really hard to REALLY explain why it is so wrong. People go finding the love of their lives and what if it happens to be a relative? Society's and law's opinion says it shouldn't be. But if we are meant to find our heart's desires and it lands us there, what happens then? You know what I mean? So, in a way those people are put in a difficult situation if you look at it from their point of view. On a more technical standard, it is just wrong because it contaminates the genepool for the next generations. As danny said about the renaissance era and the olden ages where people liked to marry and have se* with their brothers and sisters and cousins o.o

This can almost even relate to homosexuality. People can't help whom they choose to love. It's just natural. Are people of incest not placed in the same position? Except incest, brings a more serious problem and disruption whereas, homosexality really does not. However, I can't lie and say it wouldn't bother me if I knew some guy fell in love with his sister or vice versa, etc whereas I wouldn't care if I knew of a gay or lesbian person.

Edited by JustLovely, 17 May 2006 - 08:28 PM.

#78 megawarrior

megawarrior

My family just disowned me!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,011 posts

Posted 06 August 2006 - 06:52 AM

All I have to say that's sick and plain gross. and will the baby come out retarded/special if to relatives have a baby? :D I shake my head on this kind of stuff all the time. <_<

Edited by megawarrior, 06 August 2006 - 06:52 AM.

#79 babet

babet

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 06 August 2006 - 11:58 AM

I think opinions on incest depends on how you were raised. If you were brought up in a polygamy cult since birth, incest would probably be common. But if you weren't raised that way, then it would just be gross in so many ways. Of course there are some exceptions... but thats the only way i can comprehend how someone would dare date their own family member..or marry them. o_o

#80 hinachan

hinachan

I miss my mom so much....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,472 posts

Posted 07 August 2006 - 05:07 AM

Lol no would never think of marrying my siblings are my relatives but when I hear about that argument about gay people it just brings me to then why isnt incest ok?

Because gay people can't reproduce, therefore they can't give birth to babies with three heads. Homosexuality exists in nature, in the animal kingdom as well as in humans; animals don't "choose" to be gay. That's quite different from making a decision to have sex with your cousin. :D

#81 ( ̄ー ̄)

( ̄ー ̄)

crazy fangirl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts

Posted 07 August 2006 - 07:23 AM

On the subject of homosexuality and a bit of semantics as well, homosexuality is a choice.

I have a preference for chocolates, but I choose whether or not I will eat them.

As a personal rule for anything really, I don't 'hate' on incest as strongly like most do because it's all a thing of perspective. Even the fact that it often creates 'imperfect' children and is seen as a bad thing is a thing of perspective.

Edited by Jeffu, 07 August 2006 - 07:24 AM.

#82 Hangyull

Hangyull

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 08 August 2006 - 09:08 PM

I live by the term "if you love a person and the person loves you back, then go for it!" I have nothing against homosexuality, and incest or even if it happens to be both. It is morally wrong and considered a sin like in the Bible.

In the Bible, Jesus did not alow incest right after Adam and Eve's time.
The reason why during Adam and Eve's time people can incest was that the humans where very much almost perfect images of God that nothing would happen if they incest. Also, during Adam and Eves time humans lived for as long as 800 years.

All I can say again is that if u really love someone no matter what sex or causins wutsoever then go for it~! It doesn't gross me out, i just find it wrong but you can't say somethign is wrong just because it's against the society. But relegion, I have to agree even though i don't really care.

#83 Jakalope'sBoy

Jakalope'sBoy

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 08 August 2006 - 11:03 PM

On the subject of homosexuality and a bit of semantics as well, homosexuality is a choice.

Homosexuality is not a choice. To act upon one's homosexuality is.

#84 ( ̄ー ̄)

( ̄ー ̄)

crazy fangirl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts

Posted 09 August 2006 - 08:31 AM

Eh, in retrospect my choice of words was a bit poor.

Semantics, hate it sometimes :3

edit: I see homosexuality being a preference;the act of going through with that preference I see as a choice. But despite how badly worded that may seem I am basically agreeing with your point.

Edited by Jeffu, 09 August 2006 - 08:34 AM.

#85 fantasista

fantasista

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 03:39 PM

IT IS JUST SIMPLY WRONG.....

#86 Hangyull

Hangyull

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 04:52 PM

IT IS JUST SIMPLY WRONG.....

Ummm I don't think it's wrong.
Like someone else said, you can't choose who you fall in love with, because it would be boring.

#87 Dr. Rockso

Dr. Rockso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 04:44 PM

that happened years ago, but luckily we found out that incest is a problem
that can create problems throughout the childs life. It wont just be diformities or
some disease, but social opinions may cause harm to the children in this era.
If it harms a human being, it should be illegal

inbreeding results in inbreds

Edited by Dr. Rockso, 18 March 2007 - 03:05 PM.

#88 ach003

ach003

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 10:08 PM

The thing is Gays are allowed to be together and their whole argument is as long both of them loves each other and its their choice. Cant that be applied to incest as well? For some reason when Gay's are allowed to marry and all that stuff, I can see incest thing come up....

And yes, I'm straight.

umm....gay sex does not result in retarted babies. thats why that isnt applicable.

#89 ~Spica~

~Spica~

The Red Butterfly

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,083 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 08:02 AM

Ummm I don't think it's wrong.
Like someone else said, you can't choose who you fall in love with, because it would be boring.

I agree 100%. It's not like you fell in love with them because you're related to them. I want to make it clear that I DO NOT encourage incest, but I'm just saying it's not your fault if you happen to fall for someone related to you.

#90 jpmiyuka

jpmiyuka

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 08:52 AM

I have no tolerance for incest at all! Being of victim of it countless times, incest is child's worse nightmare. I'm so glad I'm about to be a adult in a few more months. I can then leave my awful childhood behind. I'm still trying to recover from it an it is sooooo hard. I honestly don't understand how people can be so tolerable of it and think its right. That what makes the process harder on the people who it happened to.

Edited by jpmiyuka, 17 March 2007 - 08:52 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users