#91 yureru132

yureru132

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 08:00 PM

I'm Christian..but...
Somehow it's a little hard for me to see incest as wrong...
...if it's between bro and sis, or cousins.
You have to look at the situations they might have been in...right?
If it was out in the ghetto and the big bro always saved the little sis in the most crucial times...
...wouldn't it be normal for the sis to see her bro as "the hero"?

....now when it's parent and offspring...
...THAT'S wrong to me.

...Other than that stuff... Genetically it is wrong because the offspring come out with mental disorders...and this is the cause of incest.

...that's the only reason why I think it's wrong.

#92 usernamee

usernamee

mmm... BoA's cute

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 02:33 PM

Um. It is gross, but I would allow it if the two didn't know that they were related to begin with.

I heard about stories that a girl and boy would be separated at birth, and eventually found each other and began dating not knowing that they were siblings. Those cases suck most, since they can't even begin to think of each other in a way that they're from the same womb.

#93 detunedradio

detunedradio

Who's BoA?

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 04:16 AM

It's common in the middle east.

My friends parents are cousins and it's no surprise the guy develop cerebral pausey at birth.

#94 Kpop~ BoA~ 4ever

Kpop~ BoA~ 4ever

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 05:31 PM

I'm not against Incest. I personally don't mind it. But, I can see how its wrong. I heard though that incest isn't common because you normally wouldn't think of your family member like that. Your mom, for example, was there all the time for you. You've develop a special relationship and that your brain takes that relationship as like....something that's not suppose to be incest. I read it on Yahoo! News or something...but I do kind of see how its wrong and stuff. Parent and Child is weird XD....

#95 strawberrybananacheesecake

strawberrybananacheesecake

Who's BoA?

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 04:31 PM

you know, it's kinda disturbing. like finding out your dad is also your brother, and your mom is also your grandma

#96 TwilightMist

TwilightMist

Who's BoA?

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 10:29 PM

lol My grandma is VERY oldfashioned. When my dad wanted to get married, she wanted him to marry one of his cousins ^_^ to "keep the family blood" but my Dad didn't like that idea at ALL. :D Then he married my mum. :unsure: ^o^

Personally though, I would be disgusted if incest occured between siblings or between parent and child. I just don't see that happening. Even the cousin thing kinda freaks me out and it would NOT be something I would do or encourage anyone to do. But my grandma lives with us and I've spent time listening to her opinions so the cousin thing isn't THAT bad to me.

I still find it kinda weird that she suggested the cousin-marrige to my father even thoygh SHE didn't marry her cousin. :unsure: Ah, well, guess she was just offering up suggestions. I'm still glad my dad didn't listen to her though! :D

Edited by TwilightMist, 25 August 2007 - 10:29 PM.

#97 hisboxers

hisboxers

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 26 August 2007 - 04:14 AM

this is a free world i guess.
but incest is something frowned on. I think it would take time to be accepted. Like the homosexuality issue, it was a forbidden subject but its slowly being accepted into the society.

#98 Imperialist

Imperialist

Hitokiri Battousai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 09:29 AM

Well, it is definitely wrong.. Legally, morally, etc.
There will be something wrong with the offspring as well.. can u bear to see that happen?

#99 Jonnie

Jonnie

HP:

• BoAjjang Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,931 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 09:47 PM

I think this topic has been beaten to death, so I'm going to close it.

As explained in anthropology, it's very uncommon for people to develop feelings for people they've lived with and grown up with all their lives. This is human nature. There are small cultures and small clans that still practice endogamy, but it is rare. Furthermore, for many clans, they wanted to encourage exogamy, for both business, survival and expansion reasons, and hence a taboo against incest and endogamy was formed. This is just one theory though.

In any case, take a look into the topic "Anthropology", you'll find more info on incest.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users