69 replies to this topic

#1 Shattered;Koibumi

Shattered;Koibumi

Kagome Wannabe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,443 posts

Posted 17 June 2005 - 01:18 PM

I'll take anything, your views, opinions, personal experiences. I can't comment on it right now though, cause this topic is just to emotional for me, if you know me, you know I hate abortions with a burning passion. I guess one thing I can say is, I think it should not be up to the girl if she is a teen, everyone needs a chance to live, you don't know what they will grow up to be. You think about it, if your mother had an abortion, you wouldn't be here right now, so why should we kill innocent lives cause some reckless teen(or an older woman who isn't ready for motherhood) chose to do something like that??

#2 NurikoOutlaw

NurikoOutlaw

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 17 June 2005 - 01:21 PM

ABORTION

6 weeks old today mummy,
A birthday gift for me...
A pair of big blue eyes,
through one day I will see....
Where are we going mummy?
with the rain splashing down...
When it hits the sidewalk,
it makes a funny sound....
Bang! through the big white doors,
people dressed in green...
If they hurt you mummy,
just run away and scream....
Help me mummy! Their tearing me apart!
There goes my big blue eyes,
there goes my little heart.....
I love you mummy believe me I do,
but the worst thing is.....
I thought you loved me to.....

That's my personal view of it.

Honestly Abortion isn't bad all the way around though. Picture a 7 year old girl getting raped for instance. She gets pregnant. She didn't have a choice. Do you think that it is wrong for her to consider abortion? It's a hard subject to touch on. It all depends on the circumstances, I believe. I wouldn't want my 7-year-old daughter, if I ever have one, to go through that.

Edited by NurikoOutlaw, 17 June 2005 - 01:26 PM.

#3 foreverdancer

foreverdancer

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,281 posts

Posted 17 June 2005 - 01:30 PM

I think taking away life is wrong. I disagree with abortion but there are some cases when I believe people should get it, for example rape cases. However if you make that decision you should consider all aspects before taking away that life. I could say more but then I would be going on forever.

#4 Shattered;Koibumi

Shattered;Koibumi

Kagome Wannabe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,443 posts

Posted 17 June 2005 - 01:31 PM

ABORTION

6 weeks old today mummy,
A pair of big blue eyes,
If they hurt you mummy,

View Post

Wow...
I've never read that, but that last line hurts my heart, I can honestly say I'm sitting here crying, cause abortion IS wrong, but no one seems to get it. People having unprotected sex, even the girls who decide to keep their babies aren't doing the children any good! Half the time, the dad isn't there to support them, and the mom is running from school to her part time job and kid is with the grandparents all the time, but in my eyes it's better than abortion.

Honestly Abortion isn't bad all the way around though. Picture a 7 year old girl getting raped for instance. She gets pregnant. She didn't have a choice. Do you think that it is wrong for her to consider abortion? It's a hard subject to touch on. It all depends on the circumstances, I believe. I wouldn't want my 7-year-old daughter, if I ever have one, to go through that.[/i]

View Post

Yeah, in rape cases, maybe. Your example was a bit far fetched, since we know you cannot have a baby till you have your first period, and no one has their period at 7 ^_^

Edited by Mimi.Chan, 17 June 2005 - 01:34 PM.

#5 NurikoOutlaw

NurikoOutlaw

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 17 June 2005 - 01:44 PM

Wow...
I've never read that, but that last line hurts my heart, I can honestly say I'm sitting here crying, cause abortion IS wrong, but no one seems to get it.  People having unprotected sex, even the girls who decide to keep their babies aren't doing the children any good!  Half the time, the dad isn't there to support them, and the mom is running from school to her part time job and kid is with the grandparents all the time, but in my eyes it's better than abortion.

In eigth grade. *still has the copywright* Now it's scattered so far around the internet...*rolls eyes*

You must have experienced this...right?

Yeah, in rape cases, maybe.  Your example was a bit far fetched, since we know you cannot have a baby till you have your first period, and no one has their period at 7 :lol:

View Post

I know. :P *was typing too fast to think* But nowadays girls are starting to have their periods early! :lol: I swear the average age must be....I had mine when I was 12, believe it or not. :D Maybe..11? *shrugs* ^_^

Edited by NurikoOutlaw, 17 June 2005 - 01:46 PM.

#6 Xiaoyu

Xiaoyu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,069 posts

Posted 17 June 2005 - 02:10 PM

NO matter how much u don't want the child every child should have a chance to actually live and grow up... No one want to die before they ever get the chance to be born i mean that's just wrong... And well hey it's not the child's fault that she's there it's the person's fault that they did something and end up having a baby in their stummy.

Yeah, in rape cases, maybe.  Your example was a bit far fetched, since we know you cannot have a baby till you have your first period, and no one has their period at 7 ^_^

Well not really cause last year my teacher told me that girls are getting their period fast since she told me that when she was in this state this 7 year old girl gave birth or was it 10..

~*Xiaoyu*~

#7 cosmic_avian

cosmic_avian

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 17 June 2005 - 02:27 PM

I don't know, there are many ways to look at the topic of abortion. Abortion, in any case, is basically taking the life of a premature organism. Whether it be a day old or 3 months old, it's still an organism.

But there are people that end up getting pregnant due to stupid actions, and are not ready for a child. Is that so wrong? Would you want a baby to live basically in hell rather than die before they even know it?

Sometimes abortion is most necessary, sometimes not. You just have to think about how the life's..well, life, will be when it is born into a world where his/her mother is incompetent and the father has run away due to his cowardness since he wasn't thinking she'll get pregnant.

#8 tribute

tribute

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 17 June 2005 - 06:41 PM

think of it this way, sometimes, only one can live. the mother or the child.It's going to be a bit far-fetched, but let's say the mother has an importnt task at hand (in this case, let it be a magic bullet for cancer) and is neaing completion. In this case, i feel that abortion should be an option. Sacrificing 1 for decades of more humans, it should be taken into consideration.
that was the only case i can think of that supports the act of abortion. Of course, one must also look at the circumstances. If the family is unable to support the child from the start, and nobody adopts the child, then the child would suffer a lot before dying. On the other hand, if abortion had taken place, the child might suffer less.

I used might because nobody else really knows how the child feels. Though everyone should be given a chance to live, but would you, or anyone else, want to come to earth and live like you're in hell?

I feel that abortion is a double-edged sword: wielded properly, it will do good; used by evil, it will kill everyone else

Edited by tribute, 17 June 2005 - 06:42 PM.

#9 icer

icer

I know BoA*

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 12:08 AM

ABORTION

6 weeks old today mummy,
A pair of big blue eyes,
If they hurt you mummy,

View Post

Wow...
I've never read that, but that last line hurts my heart, I can honestly say I'm sitting here crying, cause abortion IS wrong, but no one seems to get it. People having unprotected sex, even the girls who decide to keep their babies aren't doing the children any good! Half the time, the dad isn't there to support them, and the mom is running from school to her part time job and kid is with the grandparents all the time, but in my eyes it's better than abortion.

Honestly Abortion isn't bad all the way around though. Picture a 7 year old girl getting raped for instance. She gets pregnant. She didn't have a choice. Do you think that it is wrong for her to consider abortion? It's a hard subject to touch on. It all depends on the circumstances, I believe. I wouldn't want my 7-year-old daughter, if I ever have one, to go through that.[/i]

View Post

Yeah, in rape cases, maybe. Your example was a bit far fetched, since we know you cannot have a baby till you have your first period, and no one has their period at 7 :)

View Post

yes, i agree it depends on the situation. rape, go ahead; under the influence, go ahead; consentual, you better not unless u just did it for kicks and if u did, shame on u; but dont let us make the decision for u, ur the only one who can do that; btw, if anyone cares, i'm impartial on the subject, i'm not prochoice or prolife, i'm inbetween

Edited by icer, 19 June 2005 - 09:43 PM.

#10 cosmic_avian

cosmic_avian

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 08:32 AM

yes, i agree it depends on the situation.  rape, go ahead; under the influence, go ahead; consentual, you better not unless u just did it for kicks and if u did, shame on u;  but dont let us make the decision for u, ur the only one who can do that

View Post

There's a lot of stupid people out there, and they just rush into sex without considering the consequence, OR, they consider the consequences, but disregard it as minor stuff cause they think the possibilities of it are very, very slim and they are using "protection".

And to think, there are some that believe protection is 100% fool-proof.

#11 LiLstephy

LiLstephy

BoA*'s LiL Sis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,248 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 08:49 AM

ABORTION

6 weeks old today mummy,
A pair of big blue eyes,
If they hurt you mummy,

View Post

that's so sad :notworthy: killing a poor child like that..

i think abortion is only right in a couple cases.. rape or if the mother won't be able to support the child after it's born.. but even so, there are other choices than abortion :notworthy:, i hate when people say its not really a "person" yet, just like a sac of cells :notworthy: of course its a person

#12 Spring Sakura

Spring Sakura

My family just disowned me!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 08:57 AM

It is sad when people have abortions, especially when there are so many people who want, but cannot have babies.

However, would it be morally right to bring a child into the world if they cannot be guaranteed a life of happiness and joy?
Would it be fair to them, if its mother, decides to bring it into the world simply to suffer?

And if you think about it, were the choice of abortion taken away from us...what then?
Abortion is a complicated concept where different morals mean different opinions on whether or not it should be allowed/carried out.

Personally, I believe that abortion is each individual person's choice. The individual alone knows whether or not they have the ability, capability and desire to bring a child into the world and raise him/her properly and lovingly.

It is neither right, nor wrong, because like all things, abortion cannot be rightly/accurately defined as either. It depends on situation and circumstance.

...imo :notworthy:

Edited by Spring Sakura, 18 June 2005 - 08:59 AM.

#13 pimpcess04360

pimpcess04360

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 01:49 PM

I'm pro-choice because if you think about the stats on how many girls get raped each day, you'll know that a lot of females get raped. I dun think those girls would want to have their rapist's baby. But datz just me.

#14 cosmic_avian

cosmic_avian

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 03:53 PM

I'm pro-choice because if you think about the stats on how many girls get raped each day, you'll know that a lot of females get raped. I dun think those girls would want to have their rapist's baby. But datz just me.

View Post

What are the stats anyways? I've never actually took twice the effort to look for them.
But if that many females get raped, doesn't that tell the society that something should be done? Like making martial arts mandatory?

I don't think a lot of people would want to raise a rapist's baby. Does it cost money for an abortion? "Murder" should cost something right?

#15 Kat

Kat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 05:48 PM

I'm also pro-choice, though I would never have an abortion, I think the option should still be avaliable to everyone. Because just think of the alternative if abortion wasn't legal, it would go underground. In some countries abortions are underground and women go into alleyways and seedy apartments and get cut open with unsterile utenstiles<spelling is wrong> that not only kill the child, but permanently scar the mother physcially and mentally. Would you really want that to happen to you if you were really that desperate to keep the child out of your life?

So knowing what it could be like if abortions weren't allowed, I think they should stay there, because really the other alternative would be much, much worse.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users