64 replies to this topic

#16 katnip

katnip

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,919 posts

Posted 04 September 2005 - 06:34 PM

who cares if they were looting for 'finding' food. its called survival. who knows if that black guy had to feed a family.

and there seems to be a whole lot of over generaliztion here :)

linhie: by the way, i highly doubt that all the black people you know are the majority of the black population in new orleans

Edited by katnip, 04 September 2005 - 06:35 PM.

#17 Ace

Ace

BoA* Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,719 posts

Posted 04 September 2005 - 07:01 PM

This constant bickering between a few specific individuals needs to stop. We've been holding off warnings for as long as we could and it's just getting pushed to the limits. Please control yourselves.

// 4 posts deleted.

#18 Timmy

Timmy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,310 posts

Posted 04 September 2005 - 07:10 PM

I have the video if anyone wants to see it for themselves.

My 2 cents: When I heard that I was like "Did he really just say that?" Michael Myers facial expression summed up my reaction. I'm not really shocked because if you follow Kanye, you know he has a history of stuff like this. The man loves the attention. He went ape-sh!t @ one of the major music awards because he got snubbed for Best New Artist or something. I think he knew what he was getting himself into, you could tell by his nervousness, he was practically shaking and stuttering through his whole speech.

#19 rEinA

rEinA

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 04 September 2005 - 09:19 PM

Yea actually i did notice kanye was pretty stuttery when he said he part. but just finished watching "all eyes on kanye" and he's just a stuttery guy in general. but he does like attention and can be really arrogant.

This constant bickering between a few specific individuals needs to stop.   We've been holding off warnings for as long as we could and it's just getting pushed to the limits.  Please control yourselves.

// 4 posts deleted.

View Post

i wonder what those posts got deleted for . . anyway.

If you would have read what i wrote , I said : most of africans that live in new orleans are ignorant. Did i say all ?? Did i say africans that live near you? No i didnt, I say the africans that i know.

Whatever ya can bash all ya want, But in the end I know that i am right. Look at it? Who's the one that are killing , raping , looting (my house, store, cousin, grandparents who have nothing , before the hurricane hit?), causing policemen to kill themselves , shooting at innocent people?

You can say that I am ignorant. But trust me , you haven't seen ignorant. You wanna see ignorant. Look it up online: Number of black killing vietnamese stores owned in new orleans in the year 2005  (majority young asian women) for no reason, not even taking the money. Who?

And yes, they(referring to the one I know , and majority of new orleans africans) always play the victim. They don't work, they always blame the government, when they are doing nothing and waiting for the foodstamps and welfare to come home? Now you call that the victim? I think they have a choice. And that was their's.

View Post

considering that 70% of New Orleans is black. DUH the crimes of blacks is going to be significantly higher than any other race there. that's like saying Chinese people commit the most crimes in China.

about the looting. . hey if it was me. . i'd be "looting" those stores too. people have to eat and they have no other source of food. dont see why not. the store owners are going to get reimbursed from their insurance anyway.

as for kanye, any publicity is good publicity. so he's just trying to keep his name in lights.

Edited by rEinA, 04 September 2005 - 09:27 PM.

#20 ninjaflare

ninjaflare

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 04 September 2005 - 09:57 PM

Racist or not, Kanye's comment was OUT OF LINE. That telethon event is supposed to unite people for a single cause, NOT to point fingers at whos fault it is for what is or isn't happenening. His comment wasn't needed at that time or place, and because of that people are bickering about whats racist in the media coverage of this event. Yes lots of attention should be paid to what is going on, but Kanye's outburst is giving the situation the WRONG kind of attention. I don't like it when people say "Did you see that telethon? Can you imagine what Kanye said?" instead of someting along the lines of "Did you see that telethon? Can you imagine how much money was raised?"

I personally think the comment isn't loaded with racism, but holds some truth. Bush just seems to care a little bit less about the lower class, ACROSS ALL ETHNICITIES/RACE/LOCATIONS.

#21 Hiraikotsu

Hiraikotsu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts

Posted 04 September 2005 - 10:37 PM

I personally think the comment isn't loaded with racism, but holds some truth.  Bush just seems to care a little bit less about the lower class, ACROSS ALL ETHNICITIES/RACE/LOCATIONS.

View Post

Bush is a republican, of course he cares less for the lower class :D lol

#22 Isabella89

Isabella89

Clarissa = future pin-up artist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,556 posts

Posted 04 September 2005 - 10:44 PM

I think what Kayne West said was totally and completely wrong. I hate when people think an unfortunate event like this is an opportunity to bash the president or bring up race related issues that have nothing to do with the current problem. It's very popular now to point fingers at the white race and say we are oppressing them. Sure racism still occurs but nothing to the extent that Mr. West makes it out to be. Besides if he cares so much why isn't he out there helping and giving out checks. He has the money. President Bush is doing the best he can and isn't purposely neglecting anyone. I think though that people blame the President for the failure to go out and get a decent job. They rely to much on the government to give hand outs instead of working hard and going to school. New Orleans is a terrible tragedy and is no ones fault. Though everyone needs all the help they can get now at the present moment financially, I hope these people can recover and find jobs and decent places to stay.

Edited by Isabella89, 04 September 2005 - 11:01 PM.

#23 Hiraikotsu

Hiraikotsu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts

Posted 04 September 2005 - 10:53 PM

I think what Kayne West said was totally and completely wrong. I hate when people think an unfortunate event like this is an opportunity  to bash the president or bring up race related issues that have nothing to do with the current problem. It's very popular now to point fingers at the white race adn say we are oppressing them. Sure racism still occurs but nothing to the extent that Mr. West makes it out to be. Besides if he cares so much why isn't he out there helping and giving out checks. He has the money. President Bush is doing the best he can and isn't purposely neglecting anyone.I think though that people blame the President for the failure to go out and get a decent job. They rely to much on the government to give hand outs instead of working hard and going to school. New Orleans is a terrible tragedy and is no ones fault. Though everyone needs all the help they can get now at the present moment financially, I hope these people can recover and find jobs and decent places to stay.

View Post

I agree, Bush can only do so much. In the end, it's the army, help organizations, Red Cross, and the people who can make the difference. Bush just gives the command to send help, he can't control how efficient it is or how fast it gets there. Also, the way those people are acting in New Orleans makes it much harder to focus on rescuing and delivering food and water while people are running around shooting and raping each other :D

Edited by xbeatofangelx, 04 September 2005 - 10:59 PM.

#24 rEinA

rEinA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 05 September 2005 - 01:05 AM

I agree, Bush can only do so much. In the end, it's the army, help organizations, Red Cross, and the people who can make the difference. Bush just gives the command to send help, he can't control how efficient it is or how fast it gets there. Also, the way those people are acting in New Orleans makes it much harder to focus on rescuing and delivering food and water while people are running around shooting and raping each other :)

View Post

yea, but who controls the army. some of my friends had their battalions sent down to louisiana yesterday.
and the red cross has already collected over $200 million. so i think they're doing their job well so far. now its just how they spend that money. or maybe they'll keep it in the bank and collect interest off it like they did in 9-11.

And btw, i agree that kanye was out of line with his timing of that statement. personally i think, he shoulda taken that somewhere else. like DER his album or something else. it overshadows the purpose of the show.

soo the statement: true. . timing: BAD.

but then, he's always been an arrogant sexy looking for attention. ::shrugs::

#25 linhie

linhie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 05 September 2005 - 08:18 AM

who cares if they were looting for 'finding' food. its called survival. who knows if that black guy had to feed a family.

and there seems to be a whole lot of over generaliztion here ^_^

linhie: by the way, i highly doubt that all the black people you know are the majority of the black population in new orleans

View Post

Thats true, all the africans I know are not all the africans that are in new orleans. But that still dosen't prove that i am wrong.

#26 Samen

Samen

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 06 September 2005 - 10:14 AM

He was just speaking his mind, but saying that makes him sound a little bit racist.
Don't you think?

I don't think this shows Kayne is racist, I think it shows that he feels bitterness towards white people.

This was from another thread:

People should not have to be still hungry or dehydrated  bodies should nt still be just lying around (are they trying to start another manmade  diese) oh and as for looting and people going into stores taking clothes or money sneakers i dont care its only natural imagine most of these people dont have anything left possesions  completely gone

True, people shouldn't have to starve or go thirsty and I don't feel anger against people looting. Is it technically right in society? No, but right now they are trying to survive. The only problem I have with looting is when I see people running out of stores with TV's and other electronics. WTF!? They have no use for such commodities right now, plus where are they gonna get electricity to use it? That's where I feel the line between looting for survival and looting for greed is crossed.

but i'll tell you what i told them. west is a free thinking person and if he wants to think freely and say what's on his mind, he can.

View Post

You're absolutely right. Kayne does have a right to say what he wants. BUT, it shouldn't have been done now. All he did was flare up negative emotions that are definitely not needed right now. This should have been a reflective comment; a comment made when we are able to sit back and look at what we did wrong, not a comment of "attack" context. Right now, comments of those nature should be translated into action of helping the victims, instead of slander.

I just want to keep in mind, since apparently there is bickering going on, that the comments I quoted and reflected upon are intended to stimulate civil discussion and allow more thought provoking comments and questions to arise. Everyone has their own opinion and it should be heard (but in the case of Kayne, in the right place and right time).

I really believe in the disaster of this context it takes some time to get things really rolling. As a society, we are not used to disasters of this proportion on a daily basis, thus we tend to scatter at first rather than take immediate action. Overall, I think America, and the world, is coming together as best they can to help those in need. The help was slow at the start, but I think we need to remember that the help in place is doing the best they can and more help is on the way.

Edited by Samen, 06 September 2005 - 10:22 AM.

#27 Azn GQ

Azn GQ

Who's BoA?

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 September 2005 - 10:41 AM

Kanye West is an idiot. His stance mirrors that of various left-wing celebrities that are intent on attributing every current problem in America to George Bush. He ignores the fact that some of the most significant cases of mismanagement falls upon the shoulders of the municipal and state government. In Louisiana, these levels of government are known for corruption and wastage. The Federal government stepped in eventually when it became apparent that the local leadership could not deal with the situation.

As for the "George Bush doesn't care about black people" comment, it is nothing but an unfounded lie. He ignores the fact that Bush's current national security advisor (Condoleeza Rice), and his former secretary of state (Colin Powell), are both African Americans. Would a president entrust two of the highest positions in his cabinet to black people if he was a racist? Kanye West only shows that he is just another anti-Bush celebrity who is willing to play the race card in order to smear an elected US president. He is wrong and deserves to be ignored.

Edited by Azn GQ, 11 September 2005 - 10:41 AM.

#28 goodkarma

goodkarma

GROOVEDiGGER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,302 posts

Posted 11 September 2005 - 12:51 PM

As for the "George Bush doesn't care about black people" comment, it is nothing but an unfounded lie.  He ignores the fact that Bush's current national security advisor (Condoleeza Rice), and his former secretary of state (Colin Powell), are both African Americans.  Would a president entrust two of the highest positions in his cabinet to black people if he was a racist?

View Post

Oh, BRAVO. :blink:

#29 jpmiyuka

jpmiyuka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 11 September 2005 - 04:36 PM

I can't believe this! Ok let me say this first... I'm BLACK OK! I can't believe what is all being said here. I can't take it anymore! I have to say something. First off:

linhie

Whatever ya can bash all ya want, But in the end I know that i am right. Look at it? Who's the one that are killing , raping , looting (my house, store, cousin, grandparents who have nothing , before the hurricane hit?), causing policemen to kill themselves , shooting at innocent people?

Sadly to say yeah that is the truth. Those things were happening. I'm sorry those things happened to you but you are making it seem like we blacks are just awful people. No let me rephrase that... that we are Awful ANIMALS or something. It' sounds like your racist of blacks but really and truly ,and excuse me everybody for being so harsh, but I don't give a DAMN! Everybody is entitled to their own opinion right. But be don't so ignorant with it until you sound stupid. And it also seems that you feel this way because blacks has hurt you and your family and other asians. If that is the reason your are saying this then like I said before I'm sorry for that . DISLIKE PEOPLE FOR WHAT THEY DO NOT BY BECAUSE OF THE COLOR OF THEIR SKIN! Kanye just stated his opinion. He has a right to say what he wants just like everybody else here ,that lives in America or not, has a right to say what they think. In a way he was right but then he was wrong for being so straight forward with on national TV. Some things you just don't say in public. What he said was one. He got major publicity from it. But I can understand why he said it. He was upset. Blacks already are aren't really doing to well now. Last thing we is people to degrade us because we can't help the way we were born making us feel very ashamed. We have other races look down on us as if we don't belong. HELLO! WAKE THE HELL UP! We are people TOO! There is good and bad in every race. If a black person steals a white person can just as well. A mexican can kill as well as an asian, NO OFFENSE TO ANY OF THESE RACES but hopefully you get my point. All blacks aren't bad. All blacks aren't good either. Just like in other races. And as for President Bush...*sigh*In my opinion he only cares about the war. And no I'm not saying that because I'm black. The reason being beacuse everytime he came on TV after the storm to talk to the media he would always mix this disaster with the war. And he would come and survey the damage in the states and leave. That's it. I haven't heard if he has even donated money to the relief effort, please correct me if I'm wrong. The troops are not the only thing we need to help with the damage. And his mom...OH MY GOSH! She came on TV with her husband George H Bush to talk. They asked her a question But I was cleaning up my hotelroom ( I got affected by the storm also I live just outside of New Orleans and our house had gotten water in it) so I didn't hear what it was and I was periodically looking at the TV. But I just so happened to look up at time to hear her say

"Well the people down in Louisiana, mainly in New Orleans, are poor anyway so it doesn't matter where they go." ( I assumed they asked her a question about sending people from Louisiana to other states)

That made me totally heated. I couldn't believe said that. Like our lives don't matter. I had fam in N.O. and they for sure weren't poor and I know DAMN well I wasn't poor. But still the fact of the matter is what way out of line. What Kanye said was wrong in a way but what she said was WRONGER than anything!*sigh* This whole topic is very overwhelming. I'm literally crying over here about some of the things that is being said here on this board and on TV. I just wish people weren't so quick to judge and quit placing the blame and do something about the matter. And also racisim has been around for years and will never be wiped until the end of time. Racisim still exist and is used in ways that is not very upfront but it is there and some ways quite obvious and I'm not just talking about verbally. But anyway that's all I have to say. Everybody have a good night.

Edited by jpmiyuka, 11 September 2005 - 04:41 PM.

#30 linhie

linhie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 11 September 2005 - 05:10 PM

you are entitled to your opionions, and alot of people here are making me out as some asian who is racist of blacks. But if you read my post, I didnt say all blacks are ignorant and bad.

Alot may think how they want to, but if you do your research then maybe you will see it another point of view.

People can say that i'm racist. I really dont care what they say, cause at the end of the day I know that I'm not.

Kanye West is an idiot.  His stance mirrors that of various left-wing celebrities that are intent on attributing every current problem in America to George Bush.  He ignores the fact that some of the most significant cases of mismanagement falls upon the shoulders of the municipal and state government.  In Louisiana, these levels of government are known for corruption and wastage.  The Federal government stepped in eventually when it became apparent that the local leadership could not deal with the situation.

As for the "George Bush doesn't care about black people" comment, it is nothing but an unfounded lie.  He ignores the fact that Bush's current national security advisor (Condoleeza Rice), and his former secretary of state (Colin Powell), are both African Americans.  Would a president entrust two of the highest positions in his cabinet to black people if he was a racist?  Kanye West only shows that he is just another anti-Bush celebrity who is willing to play the race card in order to smear an elected US president.  He is wrong and deserves to be ignored.

View Post

I agree. I hate when people say that bush doesn't care about blacks, Maybe people should stop blamming bush with him not helping in time, and look as it as the help didnt come in time.

Edited by linhie, 11 September 2005 - 05:13 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users