64 replies to this topic

#31 JWu

JWu

BoA's my new gf!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,878 posts

Posted 11 September 2005 - 06:07 PM

People can say that i'm racist. I really dont care what they say, cause at the end of the day I know that I'm not.

Everyone is racist to a certain degree. That much is a fact.

Kanye West can say whatever he wants to on TV. That is his right as a US citizen. But anyone making a comment "Bush doesn't care about black people" in America on national TV should realize the sort of consequences and backlash that would result. Even more so, considering West is a role model to many American youth, be they white, black, yellow, brown, red, or polka dotted purple.

Was he right to express his opinion? Yes.

Was he right to express his opinion at that time? Maybe not.

Does it matter now? No. He said it, it can't be taken back. Instead of continually bickering about his comments, energies should be directed towards the relief effort, the planning of the New Orleans drainage/rebuild, increasing pressure on the interim Iraqi government to ratify a constitution so American troops can begin coming home, and repairing our damaged relationships with the other nations of this world.

Oh yeah and toss Pat Robertson into jail. :]

#32 Soluna

Soluna

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 621 posts

Posted 18 September 2005 - 06:12 PM

Does it matter now? No. He said it, it can't be taken back. Instead of continually bickering about his comments, energies should be directed towards the relief effort, the planning of the New Orleans drainage/rebuild, increasing pressure on the interim Iraqi government to ratify a constitution so American troops can begin coming home, and repairing our damaged relationships with the other nations of this world.

Oh yeah and toss Pat Robertson into jail. :]

Word on the comments on Kanye. Double Word on the Pat Robertson thing. :) I'm amazed on how many people follows that guy.

Edited by Soluna, 18 September 2005 - 06:12 PM.

#33 Guest_SuYen_*

Guest_SuYen_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 September 2005 - 09:05 PM

All I can say is that it was sad, I still like Kanye, and i feel sorry for Mike Myers. If I was on his position, I would feel akward..

#34 Kazunomiya

Kazunomiya

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 05:09 PM

I find his comment TOTALLY outta line. Now, do you really think if it happened in say... California (even though we don't get hurricanes), he would've jumped up and set off for Cali?? I think not.

What do you think??

#35 Jakalope'sBoy

Jakalope'sBoy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 23 December 2005 - 11:49 AM

And as if you're enlightened? This is quite possibly the most uneducated post in this thread.

People might bash me, But im am going to say this: Black people always try to play the victim. Yea I know i am wrong for saying that , but i have grew up with so many africans , mostly ignorants ones to know how they (from new orleans) act.

Have you ever heard of white privilege? Research it.

White is generally agreed to be the physical standard of beauty in media, cultures and almost in everything because of their skin and features. The opposite of white is black. Not a very comforting thought.

The blacks valued and respected in the media are usually light-skinned or mulatto. With exceptions such as Oprah and... hmmm can't think of any more.

Blacks, those who don't fit the stereotype have to endure society perceiving and treating them as stereotypes. Not fair.

The popular idea of blacks on TV is that they are robbers, rappers and speak ebonics. Great to see having all other cultures view blacks like this (sarcasm).

White females who talk about sex even with explicit images and refrences are viewed as liberated (Madonna, Britney Spears, etc) and are the one's who gain popularity. Black females who discuss sexuality and their experiences are viewed semen begging whores (Lil Kim, Foxy Brown) and are the one's who gain popularity. Let's not forget that Lil Kim literally changed her skin colour to look white.

#36 tokyo_honey

tokyo_honey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 24 December 2005 - 08:36 PM

all i can say is rappers talk too much, no one really cares about what they have to say. i certainly dont.

#37 ( ̄ー ̄)

( ̄ー ̄)

crazy fangirl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts

Posted 24 December 2005 - 08:42 PM

all i can say is rappers talk too much, no one really cares about what they have to say. i certainly dont.

Congrats for being ignorant and generalising all rappers as idiots.

#38 tokyo_honey

tokyo_honey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 25 December 2005 - 01:26 PM

Congrats for being ignorant and generalising all rappers as idiots.

well first off its my opinion ok? and rappers are idiots, take a look at 50 cent, jadakiss, etc. all they ever rap about is society and drugs and sex and how they got shot 9 times in the head. no one gives a poop! and im not ignorant, u are.

#39 ( ̄ー ̄)

( ̄ー ̄)

crazy fangirl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts

Posted 25 December 2005 - 03:07 PM

and rappers are idiots, take a look at 50 cent, jadakiss, etc. all they ever rap about is society and drugs and sex and how they got shot 9 times in the head. no one gives a poop!

I'm sure they all got shot 9 times in the head :D

well first off its my opinion ok?

So...? I have mine as well. You make it seem like I attacked you~ calm down :lol:

and im not ignorant, u are.

Of course! Totally my fault for not being prejudice.

#40 tokyo_honey

tokyo_honey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 25 December 2005 - 04:39 PM

I'm sure they all got shot 9 times in the head :)
So...? I have mine as well. You make it seem like I attacked you~ calm down :(
Of course! Totally my fault for not being prejudice.

dude how the flowers am i prejiduce? u what just forget this, im not gonna fight over something this stupid.

Edited by tokyo_honey, 25 December 2005 - 04:40 PM.

#41 ( ̄ー ̄)

( ̄ー ̄)

crazy fangirl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts

Posted 25 December 2005 - 05:05 PM

I don't really want to argue about this anyways~ but~

Prejudice

1. An adverse judgment or opinion formed beforehand or without knowledge or examination of the facts.
2. A preconceived preference or idea.
3. The act or state of holding unreasonable preconceived judgments or convictions. See Synonyms at predilection.
4. Irrational suspicion or hatred of a particular group, race, or religion.
5. Detriment or injury caused to a person by the preconceived, unfavorable conviction of another or others.

Before you blow your top over this (wait, you already have :) ) I was just pointing out that not all rappers are like that. You were being prejudice by judging all rappers because you didn't like a few.

And in case you didn't get it yet, don't bother bringing this up again.

#42 tokyo_honey

tokyo_honey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 25 December 2005 - 06:14 PM

I don't really want to argue about this anyways~ but~
Before you blow your top over this (wait, you already have :) ) I was just pointing out that not all rappers are like that. You were being prejudice by judging all rappers because you didn't like a few.

And in case you didn't get it yet, don't bother bringing this up again.

all right i wont.

#43 Soluna

Soluna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 621 posts

Posted 31 December 2005 - 07:06 AM

well first off its my opinion ok? and rappers are idiots, take a look at 50 cent, jadakiss, etc. all they ever rap about is society and drugs and sex and how they got shot 9 times in the head. no one gives a poop! and im not ignorant, u are.

Well, your comment comes off a bit ignorant. Not all rappers are idiots. They are couple of rappers who don't rap about the same things as the ones you listed. Common, The Roots, and Mos Def rap about real issues but you don't hear about them because their not hot enough for the mainstream audience.

#44 Kazunomiya

Kazunomiya

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 05 January 2006 - 12:29 PM

Well, your comment comes off a bit ignorant. Not all rappers are idiots. They are couple of rappers who don't rap about the same things as the ones you listed. Common, The Roots, and Mos Def rap about real issues but you don't hear about them because their not hot enough for the mainstream audience.

Yeah, I agree. Even Eminem (even though when he was younger, he DID rap about sex, drugs, etc, pushing your pregnant girlfriend in your car into a river, that sorta thing.. ) , he sings about meaningful things. His daughter, pressure, memories, everything like that. Although I see your point, Tokyo Honey, I also agree with Soluna. :P

#45 azn_yukino

azn_yukino

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 06 January 2006 - 01:04 PM

how is he ignorant? all he did was point out that not all rappers are "idiots", as you say. like soluna and kazunomiya said, there ARE rappers that rap about meaningful things. and to elaborate a bit on that, don't forget that m-flo and heartsdales and JAY CHOU (emphasis!) are rappers. and judging by their sales and marketing strategy, they aren't stupid. besides that, jay chou is a songwriting genius.

personally, i also dislike american rap because the overall sound and style just doesn't appeal to me, not to mention the subject matter of a lot of it, which you talked about.

as for kanye's comment... i don't think it's necessarily TRUE that george bush doesn't care about black people or think of them as inferior. but i DO think he and his administration could have handled this better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users