64 replies to this topic

#61 Ricadonna

Ricadonna

Gackt Inspector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,285 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 08:15 PM

Whats wrong with the thread still going. I like long and thoughtful conversations. if you don't want it to continue stop posting on it.

True all celebs need pr no matter their standing, but i don't think this inciddent was pr it was a way for him to vent his anger which to me is justifies since the gov didnt do squat. none of them on all levels and i'm tired of them playing the blame game. hell, they're all to blame no one's excused.

Well, everyone seems to be saying the same things over & over, such as "He shouldn't have but it's his right so he can" or how much they dislike him or whatever. So, to me, this only covers the "long" aspect now -- people's responses, almost half a year after the actual incident, are becoming redundant.

Besides, regardless if I post on it or not, people are obviously going to continue talking about it. It's continued for 5 months, I don't see why it should stop just because I'm expressing my thoughts or just keeping them to myself.

& while you think that, I do think this was partly a publicity stunt.
Celebrities are constantly aware of the spotlight that shines on them, the eyes that watch them, and the ears that listen to them. He knew what he was saying; he knew it was going to rile some people up & he already knew he was getting publicity for getting on TV to talk about it anyway.

#62 Sticky

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 08:20 PM

& while you think that, I do think this was partly a publicity stunt.
Celebrities are constantly aware of the spotlight that shines on them, the eyes that watch them, and the ears that listen to them. He knew what he was saying; he knew it was going to rile some people up & he already knew he was getting publicity for getting on TV to talk about it anyway.

It's NOT the celebrities doing this. It's the TV stations, they use this as propaganda to sway people into thinking what they want you to think.

In other words, this is JUNK FOOD NEWS. People should really learn what is making them think the way they do.

While you were paying attention to Kanye West's comment, the US was taking advantage of the crisis in Southeast Asia. Or getting rid of open government, or hell barely reporting on the incident in Fallujah.

OR who wasn't being mentioned during the Katrina incident.

Edited by Sticky, 09 March 2006 - 08:24 PM.

#63 Ricadonna

Ricadonna

Gackt Inspector

• Members
  • 6,285 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 08:23 PM

It's NOT the celebrities doing this. It's the TV stations, they use this as propaganda to sway people into thinking what they want you to think.

In other words, this is JUNK FOOD NEWS. People should really learn what is making them think the way they do.

The TV stations are doing what, exactly?
Getting publicity & telling the celebrities what to say?
Sure, that's true, if that's what you meant, but celebrities beneift from it too.

#64 Sticky

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 08:29 PM

The TV stations are doing what, exactly?
Getting publicity & telling the celebrities what to say?
Sure, that's true, if that's what you meant, but celebrities beneift from it too.

The news has spent hours on Kanye West's comment than reporting on what is really happening in the world. In the end, this IS news abuse and they end up sidelining what REALLY needs to be covered.

How are you supposed to critically think when you only have HALF the facts?

Also, do you know how ownership of mainstream media news is linked to the ruling party in the United States? They practically control the news.

The US government reminds me of a book. Oh yes, 1984.

Edited by Sticky, 09 March 2006 - 08:36 PM.

#65 Ricadonna

Ricadonna

Gackt Inspector

• Members
  • 6,285 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 08:38 PM

The news has spent hours on Kanye West's comment than reporting on what is really happening in the world. In the end, this IS news abuse and they end up sidelining what REALLY needs to be covered.

How are you supposed to critically think when you only have HALF the facts?

Well, that's not very good of them, but I wasn't really referring to the news, so I'm sorry to say your wealth of knowledge is rather wasted on me... since I don't think Kanye wasn too concerned about what the government was glazing over, but rather how much publicity he was getting.

& I'm not trying to critically think, actually. :X
&& yes the media is big and biased... aware! :]

HEY. I'm going to read that book later this year, after we finish Merchant of Venice. :D

Edited by Ricadonna, 09 March 2006 - 08:40 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users