To Live or to Love?

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_SuYen_*

Guest_SuYen_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 September 2005 - 08:49 PM

Its a simple post.

To live means u dont care about anyone else but ur self. You are important to your self not the people.

To love means you live by loving people through out your life. And you care more about people , loved families, your wife/husband than you care about yourself.

Your life is just about love. and you'll do anything for love live basically.

I chose

To live. I dont believe in love. Infact I cant FEEL LOVE anymore. I dont care about loving families and crap anymore. Its gone i dont know how or why. Yes it means i cant love girls i cant feel the love relationship with girls anymore.

Theres this quote that describes my definition of love. Its from a character he says

"I only fight for myself and only love myself.. that's the only love i need"
and yes its from Garaa. People would tell me I lived in a fantasy world but its no joke, I seriously think that that and I've been looking for answers to describe my own definition of love and there it is.

So what is your way of life?

p.s. CRAP i got confused with the poll.. is tehre anyway to edit and add the poll?

Edited by SuYen, 29 September 2005 - 08:54 PM.

#2 legendsofaranna

legendsofaranna

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 462 posts

Posted 30 September 2005 - 02:53 PM

To live or to love? I choose to live because it's more important.

You have to take care of yourself first. Nobody can help you if you can't help youself. If you can't take care of yourself, how can you take care of others?

But that doesn't mean I don't believe in love. Sometimes you can help yourself by helping others. Also, think about the business world. To have a successful company, everyone in the company must work together.

But when you work with others, you have to make sure that you have complete your own task. Stop worrying about whether others can finish their work or not.

Love does not last forever. People change constantly and everyone has different personalities. Same personalities attract love. Different personalities attract hate.

Without hate, there is no love. Without love, there is no hate. How do you know what hate is if you don't know what love is?

Edited by legendsofaranna, 30 September 2005 - 03:00 PM.

#3 lacus

lacus

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,203 posts

Posted 30 September 2005 - 03:03 PM

interesting question. I would have to say to live.
I am a helpless romantic but over the years I've realized that no matter what you do, it's always you.
You can't go depending on other people and if you truly want to live life to the fullest, do what you have to do.
I still think that family and everything else is important.
I've been let down alot of times by other people, especially friends. You go through phases and each year your in a new environment.
I think that right now, I can't really choose to love because I'm only 14. I don't know what love is nor have I experienced it. When it comes it comes but I'd rather live for me right now.
I WANNA LIVE! lol LOVE CAN JOIN IN ALONG THE RIDE! :) Sorry that wasn't very serious lol

#4 Ricadonna

Ricadonna

Gackt Inspector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,285 posts

Posted 01 October 2005 - 11:38 AM

Live.

Love is good and everything, but if you put others before yourself then you forget your sense of identity. You would get hurt more often than you would if you were selfish or lived for yourself every once in a while.

#5 the1nshadows

the1nshadows

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 01 October 2005 - 12:56 PM

love

because it means nothing to me to live if there is no one there to live for. it would be like "why am i alive?" when there is no point because no one would care. those who pick to live are kinda selfish and not help others not talking about all but some or most do. heh i sound self fish too. haha =P

#6 shirlee

shirlee

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 01 October 2005 - 01:17 PM

I'd rather love than to live
what is the meaning of living in this pretty pretty world with just an empty shell without a soul?
when you choose to live in this world, it is out of love. You love yourself.
If you can't feel the the love anymore? You will end your life, but you still love yourself. That love keeps you going.
everything needs a little love

#7 Spring Sakura

Spring Sakura

My family just disowned me!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 02 October 2005 - 12:49 AM

You live and you love. There is no extreme. You cannot live and not love. You cannot love and not live. When you love, even if you die, the memory of you lives within those that you love and those that love you. When you live there will be things that you love, people that you love, even love of yourself is love.

There is no black/white in life. Only grey. You cannot choose one and not the other.

I live and I love. I strive for myself, but I also strive for others. Logically, to live in a healthy way, there is no other alternative.

It's that simple. ^____^

Edited by Spring Sakura, 02 October 2005 - 12:50 AM.

#8 Pooh

Pooh

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 03 October 2005 - 04:37 PM

i love, i would sacrifice myself for my family or close friends any day. I enjoy making people around me feel comfortable and smile.

#9 x__NiCOLE

x__NiCOLE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 09 October 2005 - 08:36 PM

I dont believe in love. Infact I cant FEEL LOVE anymore. I dont care about loving families and crap anymore. Its gone i dont know how or why. Yes it means i cant love girls i cant feel the love relationship with girls anymore.

Theres this quote that describes my definition of love. Its from a character he says

"I only fight for myself and only love myself.. that's the only love i need"
and yes its from Garaa. People would tell me I lived in a fantasy world but its no joke, I seriously think that that and I've been looking for answers to describe my own definition of love and there it is.

I read your post and realized, it's somewhat of an oxymoron. First you claim you don't believe in love, and yet you love yourself.

This is a kind of "Chicken or the Egg?" question. Just somewhat. This is what I think:

Living has no point without love, but how can you love unless you are living?

And so, I choose both. I wish to LiVE and LOVE.

Lastly, how old are you?

#10 lilbboyFOSHO

lilbboyFOSHO

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 464 posts

Posted 16 October 2005 - 08:47 PM

I choose both as well. Even though it seems like I would only care about myself, it comes naturally to me to care about other people. So you dont really notice the love i show to other people. I hope that makes sense.

#11 仆街

仆街

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 17 October 2005 - 07:56 PM

I'd choose neither love nor life... because neither seems important. Considering you'll eventually end up being separated from the ones you love and the fact that you're practically borned just to die... Then again that's just how I tend to view it...

#12 dictatormax84

dictatormax84

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 11:44 AM

i think this is similar to "bread or love".

i choose myself over love. (if i really must, hope there will be not such time)

#13 x__NiCOLE

x__NiCOLE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 04:10 PM

I'd choose neither love nor life... because neither seems important. Considering you'll eventually end up being separated from the ones you love and the fact that you're practically borned just to die... Then again that's just how I tend to view it...

lol ^_^ i guess that's a reasonable argument, but it's kind of depressing, don't you think? I like to keep things very... VERY optomistic. I'm a very happy person =) lol..

I already replied to this, but i'll say it again. IT'S THE CHICKEN & THE EGG!!! You can't live without love, and you can't love without living....

#14 仆街

仆街

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 05:30 PM

lol ^_^ i guess that's a reasonable argument, but it's kind of depressing, don't you think? I like to keep things very... VERY optomistic. I'm a very happy person =) lol..

I already replied to this, but i'll say it again. IT'S THE CHICKEN & THE EGG!!! You can't live without love, and you can't love without living....

Yeah it is depressing, but the fact is is that I'm a very pessimistic person when it comes to these types of things... especially when it pretty much true :P (at least to me).

And I agree with you, you can't have one without the other, especially when you're born with the "need" for love...

#15 Soluna

Soluna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 621 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 06:12 PM

Both. You gotta love to live and live to love.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users