68 replies to this topic

#16 mfhboy

mfhboy

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 02:01 AM

You said you don't need love and you can't feel love. But I believe you just don't want to get hurt again. Do you hate people who love and care about you? I bet you don't

I agree with x__NiCOLE. It's not the case you don't LOVE anymore. You still love others and you even love yourself more. You still love.

At this moment you rise this topic you are looking for feedback and we all come here to share with you, yes with you! I don't think visiting BoAjjang is necessary to LIVE. Why are you here?

Actually I love myself more than others just like you do but I don't see that's a problem. I receive love from my family, my friends and my little CAT haha and I return them the love I afford to give. May be they all love themselves more than they love me. Hey why bother. Be happy you big BoA lover hahaha

Edited by mfhboy, 19 October 2005 - 02:09 AM.

#17 Eiji

Eiji

The Narcissist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,599 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 01:22 PM

You live and you love. There is no extreme. You cannot live and not love. You cannot love and not live. When you love, even if you die, the memory of you lives within those that you love and those that love you. When you live there will be things that you love, people that you love, even love of yourself is love.

There is no black/white in life. Only grey. You cannot choose one and not the other.

I live and I love. I strive for myself, but I also strive for others. Logically, to live in a healthy way, there is no other alternative.

It's that simple. ^____^

Before reading Chloe's post I was condemned to say "live". I couldn't feel love as well, just like u SuYen. But it's important to realize that there are people out there who really love you even though you don't notice and even though you don't love them back. You can't live without love. It's your loving attitude towards others and their responses to you that make it worth to live. If you can't find the love of your life right now, don't hate love itself. Just be patient and love will come to you naturally.

Edited by Eiji, 19 October 2005 - 02:04 PM.

#18 Sara, Sara, Sara, Sarang-hae-yo

Sara, Sara, Sara, Sarang-hae-yo

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,154 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 01:51 PM

You cannot just live or just love, it is about living with the two. It is within human nature to form relationships of love, meaning not only love of partners, but with family and friends, but humans cannot sustain themselves from pure altruism, self preservation is needed.

#19 shadowdragon_7

shadowdragon_7

My family just disowned me!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,342 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 06:13 PM

To live, if you cannot support yourself, how can you support your loved ones?

#20 rissa

rissa

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 23 October 2005 - 05:37 AM

Both. You gotta love to live and live to love.

To live is selfish. To love is selfless.. Both is impt..

#21 BoA-Fan Kinoshu

BoA-Fan Kinoshu

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 04:46 PM

Love.

I Care About My Friends More Than Myself, And That Might Seem Dumb...But I Guess It's Just Me.

#22 iloveboa*

iloveboa*

BoA-natic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 09:49 PM

if i had to choose only one,i'd sae to love...whether u feel it or not,expressions of love,care n concern will brighten up ur life...juz lyk me replying to ur thread...do u feel the care i have for u?bcuz we care,that is y we reply...u may not feel it that wae,but i believe it is the way...love is the thing which makes ur life full too...one day,if u die without any love,without anyone by ur side,would u b happy that u have lived?if u were juz left to rot when u r sad,will u think "oh...i have lived,so i shud not be sad" love is an infectious thing actually...open ur hearts,try to put down the past (i noe its tough) but live life as it is again,WITH LOVE...

#23 Daenar

Daenar

BoA's my new gf!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,378 posts

Posted 24 November 2005 - 12:22 AM

To live or to love? I choose to live because it's more important.

You have to take care of yourself first. Nobody can help you if you can't help youself. If you can't take care of yourself, how can you take care of others?

But that doesn't mean I don't believe in love. Sometimes you can help yourself by helping others. Also, think about the business world. To have a successful company, everyone in the company must work together.

But when you work with others, you have to make sure that you have complete your own task. Stop worrying about whether others can finish their work or not.

Love does not last forever. People change constantly and everyone has different personalities. Same personalities attract love. Different personalities attract hate.

Without hate, there is no love. Without love, there is no hate. How do you know what hate is if you don't know what love is?

i dont' think you can justify not choosing love because it doesn't last forever, because likewise, life does not last forever too. so if that is your reasoning, it is flawed.

and i don't believe that the non-existence of love will result in there not being hate. you can have something exist without the opposite existing, it just means that there is no comparison. HATE is not relative -- it is a cold hard fact and attitude expressed towards somebody else.

i personally choose love. i agree that a life fully centred around love is impossible to achieve, but i think it is what, at least, I aim towards.

and from a psychological (scientific) perspective, humans cannot live without love. we are extremely social beings who desire and need inter-personal relationships. even those who are anti-social have some sort of inter-personal relationship that they confide in.

#24 bebexpink

bebexpink

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 06 December 2005 - 11:29 AM

I agree half-and-half with you. I'D LIKE a life of love, but lately I can't seem to love anyone...maybe like all other things, it will come with time, and maybe you'll change your decision as well :]

#25 chocofrap^_^

chocofrap^_^

mmm... BoA's cute

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 02:35 AM

I choose "to love".

Reason number 1: The catholic school I go to brainwashes people that the meaning of life is to love and if you don't love you go to hell (errr... can I say that here? Sorry if I can't *bows down*).

My actual reason is that I'm just a loving person. I feel complete just by loving people... though it might hurt if a person doesn't reciprocate your feelings or concerns, it still makes life very beautiful and worth-living. I guess, for me, living a life without any enlightenment of love or at least admiration or care for other people is just bland, colorless... pointless even. I don't like living for myself alone.

Oh my God... I'm a sap.

#26 Pei

Pei

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,194 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 07:44 PM

I choose to love what I do to live.

I find something to love in what i do, however small it may be. Heck, I've even grown to love busy schedules, deadlines, demands, problems, dilemmas, and down times. It's a fresh burt of air to have overcome these things...

It's like someone taps you to say, "Hey, you're alive." And that's the best part of living. I enjoy it subconsciously, despite my outward appearance of hating every minute of it.

#27 viper92583

viper92583

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,154 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 01:18 AM

hrm...*rewriting*

See, there is merit to a lot of what's being said...

You have to make sure you can take care of yourself before others...
But I was also raised Lutheran and was taught to love everyone (ironically, my 5th grade teacher was closed-minded, believed stereotypes, and believes in exclusivity of religion (each sect should ONLY be allowed to celebrate among themselves)...better than one of my first friends, who told me I was going to hell when I was 8 because I wasn't Baptist)...

Anyway, while I have to say that love is important, I have to redefine life first...Because there is something I don't agree with about the definition...Loving yourself is still love...Loving others more than yourself, and putting others ahead of yourself is self-sacrificial love...selfless love...

Life, in essence, to me, is survival...And from my past experiences, you can only love others if you are able to establish your well-being...But your own survival is key to your ability to love...

Thus I choose both...To love, but to only give of myself when able...Because if giving of yourself costs you everything, you have nothing left to ensure your survival...

And to the comment about no love without hate, and the contrapositive, I agree on a large scale, but I think people can hate without loving...and love without hating...Hard to imagine, but I truly believe it is possible

Yeah...I have to choose both...because it is necessary for life...Selfless love is hard, but I will help my friends in any way I can...Even if I do seem distant and cold sometimes...that's merely because I have to have a bit of time to find out how much I can trust a person...

-edit-
Well said, Sam...That's a perfect explanation of why love and hate do not necessarily need one for the other to exist

Edited by viper92583, 08 December 2005 - 01:45 AM.

#28 Mikenyhk

Mikenyhk

My family just disowned me!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,935 posts

Posted 10 December 2005 - 03:52 PM

I would pick TO LIVE simply if you CANT take care of yourself.. if u are not happy then how can u do other things like love... if u are sick, can u take care of ur family members/love ones?? no way..

I also say to live because few of my friends got married young 22,24 n have 1 child each.. all they're doing is work 6 days a week n the day off is to stay home to take care of their kid. This is a good life if u are ready..but they're not.. they're too young..they just brag about it to me all the phone saying how boring they're n i just say this is ur choice, ur life.. not my problem~~ they haven't enjoy what i enjoy right now.. just be free n do anything *(legal)* i want.. going to places n learn about stuff.. to see the world n help me become a better me. i know more n this kind of exp is life-changing..
and it wont happen if u r working just to live.. thats sad.. at least thats my opinion~~

Edited by Mikenyhk, 10 December 2005 - 03:54 PM.

#29 xx_lost_love_xx

xx_lost_love_xx

BoA's my new gf!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,673 posts

Posted 10 December 2005 - 04:02 PM

I read your post and realized, it's somewhat of an oxymoron. First you claim you don't believe in love, and yet you love yourself.

This is a kind of "Chicken or the Egg?" question. Just somewhat. This is what I think:

Living has no point without love, but how can you love unless you are living?

And so, I choose both. I wish to LiVE and LOVE.

Lastly, how old are you?

nicole you said it PERFECTLY

#30 dayg0play

dayg0play

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 10 December 2005 - 07:10 PM

i was reading through what people have to say about this topic and i realize well more like cofirmed my theory that there is no exact definition of love. all of you guys have different definition of love.well i to me the simpliest form of love is care and i doubt it that any one dont care about anyone or anything........

to get back on the topic i pick LOVE....i care more about others than my self.reason being i feel pleasure giving love. ones life only last for so long and i will not waste it thinking selfishly.im not saying that loving yourself first is selfish. im only trying to convey that you only have one lifetime to show others how much they mean to you and you already are living your own life so just living on means that you love yourself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users