To Live or to Love?

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#31 Guest_SuYen_*

Guest_SuYen_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 December 2005 - 07:42 PM

I read your post and realized, it's somewhat of an oxymoron. First you claim you don't believe in love, and yet you love yourself.

This is a kind of "Chicken or the Egg?" question. Just somewhat. This is what I think:

Living has no point without love, but how can you love unless you are living?

And so, I choose both. I wish to LiVE and LOVE.

Lastly, how old are you?

x__NiCOLE
You did say it well.

The thing that is bothering me is that your saying, you cant live without love, but what if some people were born with out it? And they still live with a successful life? Another thing is, what you said was an an opinion.
If what you said was true, what do you call those people who pretends they love the person and screwing/doing random people and still living a successful life without getting caught?

The fact is. Thats your way of love and thats your way of living. Other people have their own way of living/loving too.

My belief in love is loving myself. I dont believe the love of the opposite sex love. Husband and wife relationship. I dont believe in loving other people as friends or nighbours. I just respect them.

Sigh....
Yes I'm older than you Nicole, and I had a complicated experience with love. No no one broke my heart or anything. No girl dumped me hard etc. Its just that it disappeared and I thought a lot about it.
I've been through tough times. And I know people had their tough times too but my tough time affected me that much and it changed my whole view of life.

I guess I was unprepared for the worst.

By the way, you guys need to remember to choose one and not wish for both. And explain why. There is no right and wrong answers here. Including opinions ofcourse.
I thought I made it clear. ^_^

Edited by SuYen, 10 December 2005 - 10:14 PM.

#32 Winged_Weltall

Winged_Weltall

mmm... BoA's cute

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 01 January 2006 - 09:36 AM

both. mind yourself, and people around you. but if u cant love people suyen, then i feel bad for you cus ur missing out on something very important in life. but caring a lot about urself is also very important, dont get me wrong

#33 Guest_SuYen_*

Guest_SuYen_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 January 2006 - 04:25 PM

Did you even read what I said???

And AGAIN PEOPLE

Choose ONE

#34 anli

anli

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Posted 02 January 2006 - 06:33 PM

People say they 'love to live and live to love...'
I pick 'love to live,' which would be what you [SuYen] call 'living.' I like being alive, and I'm happy enough with the people that are a part of my life, but in all honesty, I cannot completely...er...'liao jie,' (understand/relate to) other people and their emotions, and I don't see why love is such a big deal. I like to see other people happy, but if they aren't, I may or may not try to change that.
I do things for my own self-benefit. Even when I help someone out, I put on a nice face, but it's to my own benefit, because that increases my standing in someone else's eyes.
Maybe that's shallow. *shrug* It works, and that's what matters to me.

#35 IloveBoA89

IloveBoA89

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 01:08 PM

Love!
U should love urself before u can live!

#36 Guest_Umbra Res_*

Guest_Umbra Res_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 February 2006 - 07:38 AM

I live to love...as well as other things. Some people don't love to live because they got a bad life. But you have to be living in order to love...I don't get why we would have to choose one or the other when they go hand in hand :lol:

#37 kaminokami2086

kaminokami2086

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 09:59 PM

Screw it!!! I choose to hate and die. LOL jk. But really as already said those are extremes and those extremes are impossible.

#38 Chibi_Mayu

Chibi_Mayu

Mahou Shoujo sparkles

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,860 posts

Posted 09 February 2006 - 07:32 PM

Honestly, I would've gone to saying I choose love. But then I thought.. how do I love, when I don't even live? It's practically impossible, cuz you can't do practically anything when you don't live.

I read your post and realized, it's somewhat of an oxymoron. First you claim you don't believe in love, and yet you love yourself.

This is a kind of "Chicken or the Egg?" question. Just somewhat. This is what I think:

Living has no point without love, but how can you love unless you are living?

And so, I choose both. I wish to LiVE and LOVE.

Lastly, how old are you?

And then I stumbled across Nicole's post and this is what I had in mind:

"Never could've said it better. :blink: "

#39 Kung Fu Hung-Su

Kung Fu Hung-Su

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,090 posts

Posted 09 February 2006 - 08:27 PM

Too extreme...I definately "love" caring somewhat more about others than myself...but I also "live" to make myself good enough for people to love me...I'm not sure if that really makes sense, since you defined "live" as only living yourself with no care for others...

Man you've confused me SuYen...

#40 Guest_Umbra Res_*

Guest_Umbra Res_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 February 2006 - 11:27 PM

Too extreme...I definately "love" caring somewhat more about others than myself...but I also "live" to make myself good enough for people to love me...I'm not sure if that really makes sense, since you defined "live" as only living yourself with no care for others...

Man you've confused me SuYen...

Things that go hand in hand can't be separated and expected to do well without one another. Thats why it doesn't make any sense to me either....but putting others over yourself can mean that you have no respect for yourself. To love others, you must learn to love oneself. And to live without love would mean to live without life, just as loving without living is meaningless...and confusing :ph34r:

#41 nksj28

nksj28

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 12 February 2006 - 06:57 AM

The way I live is that I live to love people. But I also think that it's important to have a bit of a balance between the two, in that there are some moments where you have to live life. But that shouldn't overcome a life of loving others.

#42 betzeika

betzeika

Who's BoA?

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 11:28 PM

i guess, love and live is two important things.. cannot be separated.
and im totally agree that chosing between live and love is like choosing between chicken and egg..

You alive coz a love..

If there was no love, its impossible to see you get born and grow up.
You can write, you can speak, you can see, you can hear, its just because a love.. from your parents

Love it not just about loving, care to our girlfriend, or our boyfriend..
Love basically to make you see and think that you are not living alone.

Even people that not knowing you, still love you..
Every people that replying this thread, has a care, and think can help its other by giving a respect, opinion,
dont care their opinion was accepted or not. thats one example of love in a 'live'.

If you are now choose to live, in less than 10 seconds, you are starting to loving.
love your self, to be loved by somebody, and even better you are loving them too.

if you now are writing some words and reply, keep communicating with people,
your are in live and love. so simple. isn't it? :D

#43 kaminokami2086

kaminokami2086

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 01:30 AM

^you can be born without love its called casual sex. a lot of people also grow feeling un-loved. If i dont know you how can i love you, i don't know your existence right? or if you mean on a personal level of know. than no, most people don't love people they don't know they just care, highly different.

#44 kwonnie

kwonnie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 03:05 AM

Both live and love needs to be together. I need to live so that I can love.

However, I prefer to love more than live. No point living if you only think about yourself, I'll prefer to die and lose both live and love anyway.
Live is a bore. blah.

#45 vocaltalentz

vocaltalentz

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,570 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 06:15 PM

I would choose both, both are very important to me. To live is to have a will to continue, love helps you keep that will. You say that you have issues with loe and you only love yourself? Your love jsut disappeared somehow? Love can't disappear, it only fades and hides itself. Maybe if there's something that can open your heart, you can love again. And love will stop hiding itself.

Btw, the im gonna make a rude remark and ask: you specified that you can't love GIRLS anymore, and you really emphasized that word...now tell me, would you rather love GUYS then?

EDIT: okay, that was seriously wrong, sorry for that comment. I was tyring to be a smartass lol...

Edited by vocaltalentz, 28 February 2006 - 06:22 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users