#16 Sakura_Chan

Sakura_Chan

Tenshi No Tsubasa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,498 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 03:21 PM

But why SOME asian Like american Musics! :lol:
while SOME American and European people like Asian Music?
Im japanese but i hate american music :(
i think it doesent have good meaning at all ^_^
im proud of Asian Music! :)

naru chan,i agree with you.i HATE american music,yet i was raised here since i was one,and i grew up around english.

If you can love a song, from what it is, not what they're singing, then you know good music. Asia proves that you don't have to sing in english to be good. Asia keeps its own style, no matter, if it's K-pop, J-pop, C-pop and so on.

agree.i totally agree.asia proves that a song can be something great,something unique, without the cursing,or music videos that shows girls as objects.also,some one else here said the thing about regeton.i'm latin.i HATE regeton,aventura,just plain spanish music.really,all i listen to is asain music.i remember having a picture of BoA in 7th grade because i was getting ready for my presentation on''why i love asai'' in my language arts class.this was during art.i had the picture out,and then this so called ''ghetto girl'' said,who is that?and i said her name is BoA and shes korean,but she sings in japanese also.and then the girl replied and said,''U LISTEN TO ASIAN MUSIC?! WHAT THE F?

all i did was stare at that girl when she said that :lol:

#17 kingster0517

kingster0517

For Shiznittle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,255 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 04:09 PM

people who say that quote are pretty stupid and im sure are VERY hypocritcal themselves. honestly, who doesnt listen to music that comes from a person who is from another country. k a lot of people listen to kanye west and many of them are not black. that quote makes me want to say, 'hello its the 21st century, get over yourself.'
*i totally agree with you. you can listen to whatever you want and you dont need to have a 'reason' either. music is music. listen to whatever music you want. i would hope that, that is already established in our society today.

#18 catiesan

catiesan

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 04:42 PM

Everyone here is right, it doesn't matter one single bit that you're not Asian but you listen to Asian music. What American has never in their life heard a song in another language?

I used to listen to the radio every day while driving to school and realized that all our music these days sounds exactly the same. I'm tired of these gravely voiced guys screaming about girls and girls boo-hooing about guys and rappers competing for the worst grammar of all time. There's just no fresh sound in the U.S. music industry anymore! When I discovered Japanese and Korean music I feel in love with the unique voices, the beats, the instruments, the lyrics, everything. As somebody else said, it's the FEEL of the music that's important. A lot people just don't get that. Forget about them!

#19 [aNj3L_o1]

[aNj3L_o1]

614E6A334C

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,909 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 04:48 PM

I'd like to bonk whoever said that to you.

Because if that's the case, then why should ASIANS listen to NON-ASIAN music?

This person is so narrowminded it's not funny. :lol:

#20 Leyton

Leyton

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 08:34 AM

I love the fact that non-asians listen to asian music :lol:
its so cool that they do
its just i find it a bit strange.....no offence
i'm not being racist or anything because I have non-asian friends mostly
i don't understand a word BoA says in korean or even japanese but i still love it
although i am asian it can't stop me listening to other music as well just because of it
its like saying just because i'm asian i have to listen to asian music like i can't even listen to english music
other countries listen to english music so why shouldn't i and vice versa
we have a right to listen to what we want no matter what people say
:lol:

edit

hahahhaha ^^
the person above me wrote about the same thing as me ^_^

Edited by Leyton, 05 October 2005 - 08:35 AM.

#21 CCS_Tomoyo

CCS_Tomoyo

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,214 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 01:49 PM

It's KINDA like racism.
Like your another ethnicity and you listen to a different ethnicity and people tell you not to listen to them cause it's not your kind and you should listen to your music.
There are many other big artists out there who listens to other artists with different ethnicity, so why can't we us fans?
Anyways, everyone has different type of music they listen to and it doesn't matter what ethnicity you are.

#22 lacus

lacus

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,203 posts

Posted 06 October 2005 - 03:31 PM

the first question anyone asks me when they hear i listen to asian music is, do you understand it? of course i say no because as much as i wish i did i dont have a drop of asian blood running through me.
People that say stuff like that are stupid. They obviously dont understand that you dont need to know the language, to understand the meaning of the song. <<i know, kind of confusing but i like to live by a little saying that goes "Music is an international language"
I've cried and laughed and danced to music i dont know a word of, yet it has that power.
If anyone had told me 3 years ago that they were listening to asian music and weren't asian i would of thought they were wierd too. I guess some people have to experience something and have a certain amount of maturity to truly comprehend such things.
I think you're right in saying that asian music is so much better then american music right now. I stopped listening to the radio and all i listen to is asian music now. It's the only thing that truly appeals to my senses.
if you love it, stick with it, no matter what others think :P
By the way, love the stuff you said about Do As Infinity. 6 years well worth it :P

#23 Rzar

Rzar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 01:24 AM

It's good to get into other cultures. Even if it's only the music. I'm Indonesian, so I'm Asian but I listen to Japanese and Korean and one kid goes "Why are you listening to Korean? You're not even Korean."
So...?

I don't understand any of the songs but I love the music, maybe I'm missing something important in the lyrics but I still love the music.

#24 Laii-chan

Laii-chan

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 02:20 PM

everybody is free to listen to the music he wants and he loves ! so we can continue to listen to korean and japanese musics !
I am not Asian but I love musics of Asia ! :P Songs are so beautiful, we don't have to know if the singer or the singers is asian or African, European or American... That we love is the melody ! ^_^

#25 k-an

k-an

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 04:59 PM

well seeing as i'm completley non asian yet that's the majority type of music i listen to right now it's totally fine. Even if i don't understand what is being said i can still enjoy the songs for the beat and the way the lyrics are sung. though later on i usually look up lyrics and so far i think highly of the ones i've read as i myself right songs and poems. so to answer you're questions even if you're not asian go ahead and listen to asian music if u want it won't harm you. and if there is a culture u don't understand though it appeals or intrigues you THEN BLOODY GO AHEAD AND AND TRY TO UNDERSTAND ( i'm learning japanese =p ) people can't tell you not to do these things it's you're choice. we all have our reasons for liking this type of music. who ever said that quote needs to be more open minded and maybe investigate the answer to their question stated in their statement. there i'm done ^_^

#26 HvnSntGurl

HvnSntGurl

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 07:59 AM

"What is up with everyone listening to Korean music these days? You're not Korean, you have no business listening to their music."

Someone once said Music is a universal language. Whatever language it's in it's music none the less so why not listen even if it's not in w/e language you speak. No matter what language it's in can still be translated and mean something in English, Korean, Japanese w/e language. Music means the same thing in every language it may be in a different language but it still has so much emotion. OMG like I don't even know what Gackt is singing about most of the time. I still feel his emotion in the song though. Anyway like you said this person was just being ignorant.

#27 Richy

Richy

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 26 October 2005 - 09:00 PM

Asian people listen to English music..
Non-Asian people listen to Asian music..
Same with all other races and languages.

#28 kabitzin495

kabitzin495

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 26 October 2005 - 09:17 PM

Today one of my friends asked me why I'm so into Japanese music, culture, language etc... (and I'm not Asian at all). He said I'm really crazy and weird and should stop. I told him to get over it and accept me for who I am.

#29 BoA_bEsT_eVeR

BoA_bEsT_eVeR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 26 October 2005 - 09:23 PM

Asian people listen to English music..
Non-Asian people listen to Asian music..
Same with all other races and languages.

well english is a universal language at the moment. English is being used all around the world. Chinese is starting to become a universal language, but it falls short because of the characters.

anyways, non-asians listening to asian music is no problem at all. They listen to it because they think it is good. Many people likes to listen to unique music they never heard before anyways. It brings something new to their world instead of their original.

#30 Felix

Felix

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 26 October 2005 - 09:58 PM

Well, I am Filipino so....my people are like what...kinda lost? An Asian race that got their language messed up by the Spanish, then were even more messed up when the US took over and killed our Civil Rights leader (Emilio Aguinaldo) who just wanted the Phillipines to be self-governed!!!!

We are not incompetant, American people!

I listen to "Asian" (more like Japanese, Korean, and Chinese) and I listen to what is in the States.

Mostly rap though.....

Kanye West

well english is a universal language at the moment.

It's universal because the US just loves sticking their noses into other country's affairs.

Edited by Felix, 26 October 2005 - 10:03 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users