93 replies to this topic

#31 crimson_samurai

crimson_samurai

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 13 November 2005 - 11:07 PM

well hmm... u know what online dating is like what pen pals where back in the days.... sometimes its hard to find someone near by.... sure there are many people that have that potential to be with but what if u don't have that luck or... your just looking for that dimond in the rough so u go online and look maybe there is someone out there that is your soulmate or whatever....even if they are far away.... feelings can grow just by day to day conversations... u can go on dates over and over again and not be successful no clicks at all but u go online one day find someone that your compatible with and "bam" online relationship.... sure there are dangers of getting with someone from online like for instance they could be a total fake, they can be a serial killer or a molester someone that just likes to pray on innocent people.... but if u meet someone in real life they can be just as bad people can lie and lure u to think they are someone else and then when they gain your trust then all of a sudden u just became headline news for another serial murder case... dating is a risk on its own and online dating u build up a relationship using the most common way to communicate with the world your PC and the internet... u have web cams to prove they who they are pictures mic's heck u can even get their number and call them... i've done it and on my behalf it works... i met someone online we started to chat everyday then it became a relationship phone calls web cams all of it then i took the chance i'm orginally from cali... she is from alaska... look at my profile where does it say i'm located... anyhow i got with her in real life and it was everything like it was online but 10000 better the love was still there but it was much stronger it was a relationship she became the one i can never forget the time we were together online and in real life was amazing so before u knock try it.... cuz romance can come from almost anywhere and if your lucky the other person my take the chance to be with u in real life... i did =).... "just to note her and i broke up but with any relationship it happens... even if i had never done the online thing and just met someone in person and dated people break up"

#32 Nikki

Nikki

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 13 November 2005 - 11:25 PM

I don't know if I've posted in this already, but I'm too tired to look:

Online dating, if you're safe, it can be a very wonderful, rewarding thing to do.

One of my friends, met her husband online. They've been married for three years. I'm very happy for them. ^.^

As for me... I've been dating a man for 1 year, 8 months, and we met on the internet. He lives in Europe, and I live in America. It's really difficult sometimes, with the loneliness and all that, but.. when we do get the chance to see each other, it's definitely worth the wait.

Communication is most definitely key in a long distance relationship. You have to make time for it -- you have to talk, like, almost every single day, to make up for not being able to be pysically there with the person. It also takes a great deal of maturity - Can you handle the loneliness without betraying them? Can you handle not betraying them? Can you handle the distance?

If you're one of those people who need constant affection from your significant other all the time when you're together, online dating is probably not the best option for you. However, if you don't mind waiting, it's most definitely worth it.

Besides, we've come up with ways to be romantic with each other:

We send letters/packages quite often. He's sent me something close to him, and I've sent him something that's close to me. We both have necklaces that we wear, that we gave each other.

We've had a "movie date" by watching the same movie, at the exact same time, and commented back and forth with each other.. and we play online games together a lot.

Also, we leave each other little surprises. He's a good artist, so he'll draw something for me every once in awhile... or he'll sing something for me. I'll sing for him, or I'll find something else to do for him.

It *can* work out. You just need to be patience, you need to have FAITH and TRUST in your partner and in yourself, and you have to have good communication, maturity and, above all, love and respect for you and your love.

Just don't pick up someone from some weird "omg cute girls" chatroom or something, 'cause that's just begging for trouble. >D;

#33 Ricadonna

Ricadonna

Gackt Inspector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,285 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 02:02 PM

^ That is so cute! I'm happy for you. <3

what do you mean "is"?

I mean, it seems as though most people are thinking that by online dating you mean picking up some girl from the "hot mamas" AOL chat, and consider themselves dating after sharing a picture or two, A/S/L, etc.

There are sites specifically for online dating, as we all know... and things go differently around there. Sure, there can be fakes, but they meet. They don't just say "oh well u seem rly c%l after this 1 hr of talking 2 u lets go out k?" They talk on the phone. They meet. They actually have real in-the-flesh dates. It's like a real dating process -- you don't usually go out with a guy or girl one time and then consider yourselves an item. It takes time, commitment, and the actual desire to look for someone who can make you happy. It's more mature than what most people seem to want to make it out to be.

Edited by Ricadonna, 14 November 2005 - 02:03 PM.

#34 jeannie_lee

jeannie_lee

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 11:57 PM

i think it's pathetic too... you barely know the person and you're going out with 'em... what if sumthing happens to u? blame yourself...

#35 Ricadonna

Ricadonna

Gackt Inspector

• Members
  • 6,285 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 01:15 PM

i think it's pathetic too... you barely know the person and you're going out with 'em... what if sumthing happens to u? blame yourself...

That's why you DATE THEM FIRST.
Oh my~~ ADULTS (mature ones anyway) don't just talk online and say they're "going out"... they meet and date; and contrary to popular belief, if you date, it does not qualify you as "taken"... You can take a lot of people in a week and still consider yourself single (but minglin')...

Jeeeeeez.

#36 Sara, Sara, Sara, Sarang-hae-yo

Sara, Sara, Sara, Sarang-hae-yo

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,154 posts

Posted 25 November 2005 - 10:54 AM

That's why you DATE THEM FIRST.
Oh my~~ ADULTS (mature ones anyway) don't just talk online and say they're "going out"... they meet and date; and contrary to popular belief, if you date, it does not qualify you as "taken"... You can take a lot of people in a week and still consider yourself single (but minglin')...

Jeeeeeez.

Exactly, Online dating is simply a means of finding someone to do just that, dating, rather than to "date online", only initial exchanges would tend to be online.

#37 † Lynn †

† Lynn †

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 903 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 09:21 PM

If you are mature of course is a good idea ^^
my best friend met her boyfriend on net.
they are dating for 3 years and a half..
they love each other

and in january she's going to move for his city, and stat to think about marriage.
When it is to happen, doen't matter the distance, it WILL happen.
That's how i think.

i already had a boyfriend who i met online. we stayed together for 9 months...
and in the very begining, everything was fine, but then some things happened, i lost my confidence on him..
we started to have several discussions, for sily things. As in any relationship, that doesn't work.

Today i know i'm not ready to dating with someone i only see online for the most of time.
I love someone is far away, but our friendship is MUCH MORE important than kisses....
So i prefer to stay as we are, crying sometimes, and desperately needing a hug from him, that risk loose everything once again.

aiaiai...................................................... i.i~

Edited by † Lynn †, 01 December 2005 - 09:24 PM.

#38 kingster0517

kingster0517

For Shiznittle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,255 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 11:01 PM

What's wrong with online dating? Think of how many people do it. I know a lot of people who are married who met from online dating. And I know a lot of couples who are together from online matching. We just have to move with the times, and honestly, people are getting more and more busy with daily tasks. It is so much easier to meet someone online than wait a lifetime for your 'perfect someone' so to speak. It is a successful business that has continued to grow over the years. Heck, I might even use it when I'm older. Well, :lol: I don't know, but I definitly wouldn't cancel it out.

#39 Pei

Pei

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,194 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 02:06 AM

BAD IDEA.

For starters...

what the heck? are you *that* desperate? And yeah, while it holds true that this line is cliched, you really don't know who you're meeting on the web. It's just plain stupid.

#40 Ai-chan

Ai-chan

Mistress of Snark

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 10:39 AM

BAD IDEA.

For starters...

what the heck? are you *that* desperate? And yeah, while it holds true that this line is cliched, you really don't know who you're meeting on the web. It's just plain stupid.

If you actually read the post before posting, you'd have noticed that people have already given reasons as to why it's not pathetic. The only pathetic thing about online dating is if you are some 11 year old trying to find a girlfriend on the Net, that you'll never meet or even know...Who possibly could be some 40 year old guy. However, if you are a responsible adult and know what you are doing, there's nothing wrong with finding someone on the internet. Sometimes, when you are older you have less opportunity to go out and meet new people, so online dating services and such become your good friend, if you truly wish to have someone.
Lastly, just because you meet someone on the web doesn't necessarily mean that it always stays that way... That's also overly cliched. Meeting someone on the internet, and Dating continually on the net without an attempt to truly meet or go any farther, are two different things entirely.

*shrug* My Uncle and Aunt met on the internet, and they've been happily married for years.

Edited by Ai-chan, 03 December 2005 - 10:40 AM.

#41 Ricadonna

Ricadonna

Gackt Inspector

• Members
  • 6,285 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 10:54 AM

BAD IDEA.

For starters...

What the heck? Can't you *read*?

Skimming over the FOUR posts before yours isn't that ridiculously hard, is it? It's been addressed already, though -- thanks, Ai-chan. 8D;

Edited by Ricadonna, 03 December 2005 - 10:57 AM.

#42 Naruta-chan

Naruta-chan

VietPucca

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 11:05 AM

uhh....not all people online are desparate.
some just want to broaden their perspective.

sometimes the people near you arent very that interesting or are not compatible to you.

it's not a sin to look elsewhere as long as you know what you're doing.

And I don't reccomend this for highschool kids.

it's really up to the individual

and internet dating may be safe if that person is not too guilible to believe everything the other person says and knows how to take care of him/herself if anything falsifies

hey, the people near you may be damn desparate themselves
people will always be people
whether they're online or offline

Edited by VietPucca, 03 December 2005 - 11:08 AM.

#43 herokyo

herokyo

Who's BoA?

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 December 2005 - 11:38 PM

=/ Actually,online dating it is not so ROMANTIC compare to meet face-to-face dating.When you face your DARLING,it is advisable to smile to one another and to hold hands together.That is the BEST MOMENT compare to the online dating.It is the best idea to bring darling to the ROMANTIC PLACE to date.better than online dating. :P

#44 j-pop_k-pop_4_eva

j-pop_k-pop_4_eva

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 12:42 AM

personally I think online dating is just stupid. I mean you don't know who your REALLY talking to, and it's just a desprate and pathetic way to get a blind date/boyfriend/girlfriend.

I totally agree why don't these dim wits (no offence to who ever they are) should go around their neighbour hood or sumthing then they may find love. ya never know

#45 Pei

Pei

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,194 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 08:02 AM

What the heck? Can't you *read*?

Well, I did read them, and I wasn't asking for reasons, because those four posts have been enough, but not enough to convince me. I know a lot of people who do this and end up as bad as they started, or even worse. And there is this one friend of mine who changed my opinion on this forever. If you'd believe me, she was kidnapped for a *big* sum by someone she met on the net for online dating. If I remember correctly, she met him on an online dating site thing...

So if you realize how bad that experience had been for her and me as a close friend, you'd understand. And it happens to a lot of people too. I'm not THAT stupid as to imply the idea that this-thing-happens-99%-of-the-time-and-you-might-be-the-next-one-kinda-thing, but please, I know you get the jist.

And besides that, I really feel that online dating can never pass for the real thing. Setting arrangements for a blind date would be fine, but not 'dating' on the web, then falling in love, then getting VERY dissappointed in the end. Better not take the risk, I should say. I think people are better off meeting whom they ought to meet. in person.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users