Photo

What do you think about plastic surgery?

• Please log in to reply
118 replies to this topic

#1 Beatofboa

Beatofboa

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 11 November 2005 - 12:27 AM

Honestly, what's your take on plastic surgery? Generally i'm fine with it, sometimes i suspect those who're upset about it are actually JEALOUS of those who've done plastic surgery. Because since you don't even care about that person, why are you so upset, you can do it too. :lol:

Asked this because i realised so many people go for plastic surgery nowadays, and recently there's been a big hooha in singapore over this really pretty chinese girl who looks caucasian and it's been going around that she did plastic surgery. At first i was quite taken aback but then it settled in and that's that. But other people have been kicking up a huge fuss and i'm like: "why are you so upset, so what if she lied about not going for plastic surgery, the fact is that she's pretty and that you're not, is that it? " Who cares whether she went for plastic surgery? *Shrugs* What do you thinK?

#2 Doctor Evil

Doctor Evil

Who's BoA?

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 November 2005 - 02:03 AM

its one thing if u had plastic surgery.. but if u clearly had it and u lie about it.. well that isnt good.. u lose a lot of credibilty when u lie.. anyway, im not against plastic surgery.. but i do not approve of it. its not natural, and well i guess i like things natural.. i can stand surgery if its something really minor. i dont have a good example, but if it were something like a complete facelift, then i wouldnt like that.. its like changing into a different person.. a person u arent supposed to be..

#3 x__NiCOLE

x__NiCOLE

My family just disowned me!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 11 November 2005 - 03:39 AM

lol plastic surgery -__-

Honestly, I'm not really against it. There are some instances when people "need" plastic surgery. People can become disfigured by accidents and need plastic surgery to umm... kind of refigure their face so it would look a little more natural. Then again, there are some really insecure people that just want to look more "beautiful."

*shrugs* It's one of those subjects I don't really care about much. What people want to do to their bodies is their own business.

.. its like changing into a different person.. a person u arent supposed to be

Not nessasarily. :thumbsup:
The person inside is what counts, right?

#4 Felix

Felix

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 11 November 2005 - 12:43 PM

Oh man, you guys should see that show on MTV when people want to look like celebrities. That's cosplaying gone too far.

In a quick thought, I think people who do it for themselves are low on self-esteem. They can't accept how they look, so they want to look like someone else.

....lol "I want to look like Brad Pitt", LMAO.

#5 Ricadonna

Ricadonna

Gackt Inspector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,285 posts

Posted 11 November 2005 - 01:02 PM

A few family friends (of my parents) have had plastic surgery, and they didn't go in there to look like someone else; they jsut wanted to fix things that they just wanted to change. They weren't necessarily insecure, but they thought, well I can do it, why shouldn't I? [meaning they had the money for it, I suppose.]

It's really no different from make-up or clothes, which can also make you look different, in my opinion.

#6 Soluna

Soluna

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 621 posts

Posted 11 November 2005 - 01:44 PM

I have no problem with it. Reconstructive or Cosmetic, it's fine. The only issue I have with the profession is that there are too many inexperience surgeons/scam artist in it.

Edited by Soluna, 11 November 2005 - 01:44 PM.

#7 Evolution

Evolution

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,227 posts

Posted 11 November 2005 - 04:48 PM

There is nothing wrong at all with plastic surgery. Some people really do need it (e.g. burn victims etc).
Those that want to look like celebrities, its their body. Let them do whatever they want with it.

#8 inhyung

inhyung

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 11 November 2005 - 05:43 PM

I don't have a huge problem with it. I don't think I'd consider doing it myself, but if others feel the need to do so then that's their choice, and I won't look down on someone just because they've had cosmetic surgery done. And like others have said, some people actually need it due to accidents etc.

#9 Doctor Evil

Doctor Evil

Who's BoA?

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 November 2005 - 09:34 PM

Not nessasarily. sleep.gif
The person inside is what counts, right?

if its about the person inside, then the person wouldnt need plastic surgery, right?

#10 eraiza

eraiza

`Dance.Like.This*<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,816 posts

Posted 11 November 2005 - 10:34 PM

lol personally i have nothing against it, it's someones choice to have plastic surgery if they aren't proud with the way they look..
it's theirselves, they can do whatever they want to do it if they're ready to go for it

#11 peace_y

peace_y

mada mada dane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 12 November 2005 - 03:16 AM

I'm not against plastic sugery(PS)...but I disagree if PS is used for something uneescecary...like make yourself more beautiful....I thing...the outside beauty isn't everything.....moreover if PS is used to make some criminal change his/her face to disguise the authorities....
But I must say that PS is very useful to help ppl recover from a high degree burning trauma....maybe from car accident...or house fire...

So the botom line (from me ) is PS is about for what purpose we using it....
I dunno...but that only MHO ....

#12 char-char

char-char

CHARmander;

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,610 posts

Posted 12 November 2005 - 11:53 PM

i dont really like the idea of plastic surgery. But in some instances, it's needed. But i think plasick surgery is just a waste of money.

#13 kingofbeer

kingofbeer

One Fine Lesbian

• Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,283 posts

Posted 12 November 2005 - 11:55 PM

i'm ok with it i guess...
i kinda think its unnessary though :/
kinda a waste of money :x

#14 [aNj3L_o1]

[aNj3L_o1]

614E6A334C

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,909 posts

Posted 13 November 2005 - 04:41 AM

Plastic surgery for people who have been...injured and such, I'm okay with.

Unnecessary plastic surgery like Lindsay Lohans nosejob is ... blah such a waste of money.

#15 x__NiCOLE

x__NiCOLE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 15 November 2005 - 04:49 PM

if its about the person inside, then the person wouldnt need plastic surgery, right?

not always :lol:
There are just some people who will always be insecure about themselves OR just think there's something about them that just bothers them. >_< I'm pretty sure that the people around them don't mind much, though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users