Photo

What do you think about plastic surgery?

• Please log in to reply
118 replies to this topic

#16 ridiculous

ridiculous

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts

Posted 15 November 2005 - 05:34 PM

i think it really depends on the person. if it's something that will really boost your confidence and change your life, then go for it. it can be life-changing for some people in a good way, but then it has to be done for yourself. someone should never get plastic surgery because someone is pressuring them into it or because they want to look better for someone, to make them jealous, love them, etc. plastic surgery is so common now, it's like wearing make-up. i have no problem with it, because it's really just using technology to your advantage... like dying your hair, or wearing make-up (in my opinion). i would never get it though, because i am totally phobic of doctors.

#17 Black_BoA_Gal786

Black_BoA_Gal786

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 05:41 PM

I don't really think plastic surgery is a great idea. It's kind of a waste of money. I mean it's kind of a desprate way to look pretty if you don't want to stick with a certain amount of makup (I'm not saying I like makup, I had a bad experiance with it, trust me you don't wanna know). Plus people can make themselves look like celebs. Like this one girl I know, she wants to look like Paris Hilton when she gets it, that could cause trouble. If other people wanna do it, I'm okay with it. I'm not saying I agree with it, but at least it's not my problem.

#18 shangning88

shangning88

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 19 November 2005 - 04:40 AM

eh..i'm not really against it i guess -.-v

but i agree with what was said earlier about the inside of a person that counts.if you aren't ashamed of yourself, you dont have to do it; im not saying all those who've done surgery go for it because of this.
the only person i can think of who has really overdone it though, is Michael Jackson :lol:!

#19 Isabella89

Isabella89

Clarissa = future pin-up artist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,556 posts

Posted 19 November 2005 - 08:39 AM

I'm for it but I can see alot of celebrites using it to try to stop time. Plastic surgery is great for people who have been in bad car accidents or accidents and people who have a birthdefect. Plastic surgert can also make you looke better for your age (if you are 40 and above.) Plastic surgery can be great but it has it's downsides too. People get carried away with it and it is being used by celebrities obsessed with looking 18 and not their age. Look at the actresses on desperate house wives, the have all had botox and massive amounts of work done, the same for the woman who hosted So You Think You Can Dance who actually looked very lovely with just the nose job and nothing else done (I couldn't find a pic of her before that.) When people get carreid away with it like those people they not only end up looking worse and just plain and boring they also get rid of any depth or wisdom that they might have in their facews. All of them look shallow and boring. Though actresses like Jodie Foster who have had a touch up and nothing too harsh done look lovely so platsic surgery when not excessively used can be wonderfull in many cases others forget the wonders of make up and try to turn back the clock with their sad obessession with having an unatural look of shallow youth.

#20 jeannie_lee

jeannie_lee

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 11:55 PM

plastic surgery is popular here in korea... esp. eyelid surgery... maybe their jsut insecue\re with how they look... i think i'm definitely fine with it... but i think God has given and that's that...

#21 HvnSntGurl

HvnSntGurl

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 10:53 AM

I think it's a sign of insecurity. It's making yourself more unrealistic in a way. I wouldn't get plastic surgery unless it was something that could save my life. I don't look down on people who have it I just feel sad for them. I mean to not be comfortable with yourself.

#22 uncchristine99

uncchristine99

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 11:09 AM

Posted Image

Nuff said.

#23 Ricadonna

Ricadonna

Gackt Inspector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,285 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 11:33 AM

^

Because everyone wants plastic surgery to make themselves look like Michael Jackson! =D

Edited by Ricadonna, 03 December 2005 - 10:59 AM.

#24 chocofrap^_^

chocofrap^_^

mmm... BoA's cute

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 04:51 AM

Hmmm... I'm not really against it. A lot of people are getting them. I saw a documentary about it... plastic surgery is widely accepted nowadays (especially in some countries, i.e. Korea). I guess people who get them are the one who are slaves of beauty... Maybe they are the ones who feel that their beauty is the only good thing about them. I'd agree with the others who say that they are insecure. If surgery would make one feel better about himself, I'd say go with it! But he should remember that beauty isn't everything...

Plus, if one suddenly becomes insecure about one feature, give it time and the person will get over it. My mother wanted me to get a "nose job", made me feel insecure about my nose for a while... but I got over it.

#25 uncchristine99

uncchristine99

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts

Posted 04 December 2005 - 11:01 PM

Because everyone wants plastic surgery to make themselves look like Michael Jackson! =D

My point with the picture was to demonstrate that, as with many things, I believe that if you got something done, you'd want to keep going back for more. In short, the world would be crawling with strangely perfect faces and bodies and how scary is that? This isn't about self-esteem--it's about straight up vanity. A lot of women, at least, who have plastic surgery are already gorgeous. They see a huge gaping hole in their appearance but you know what... I just want to say to them, nobody actually notices those things because nobody freaking cares enough about YOU individually to point it out... everyone has something they're insecure about. That's life. We're not supposed to be Barbie dolls.

#26 Pei

Pei

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,194 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 08:05 PM

It's for people with money who don't love what they have. And it's for people with no money who don't love what they have to dream about.

I'm okay with it.

#27 exciting

exciting

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 10:21 PM

i think its ok....thats if you're sooper old and want to look younger.... but for fame? i dont think soo ..

#28 .dot

.dot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 15 December 2005 - 06:56 PM

insecurity is really one of the main reasons people get plastic surgery. i don't have a problem with it. if it makes them happier and more confident, then go for it. nothing on the outside can cover up the inside.

#29 Winged_Weltall

Winged_Weltall

mmm... BoA's cute

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 01 January 2006 - 10:37 AM

i dont really think of plastic surgery, but if id have to say, i would never do it. i think its a stupid thing to do, because changing your original self to someone who isnt you is just dumb, but im talking about plastic surgery to make you look better than you are.

#30 boaology

boaology

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 01 January 2006 - 11:18 PM

I think Plastic Surgery is quite good. Some people live their whole lives in succlusion(Ithink thats the word >.<) because they think they are to ugly or fat, but plastic surgery helps them gain confidence and helps raise their self- esteem. Although its kinda risky and expensive, it helps boost your moral!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users