Photo

What do you think about plastic surgery?

• Please log in to reply
118 replies to this topic

#106 vandepan

vandepan

Who's BoA?

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 11:02 AM

I think plastic surgery is ok. It'll make you become confident. Nowaday, a good-looking person can have more chances for business, study and even in love. It's not fair if you forbit someone become more beautiful. Have you ever seen "200 pound beauty" movie? I think your mind will be opened after you watch that film. :lol:

#107 starfire

starfire

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 01:25 PM

It depends on what type of plastic surgery. For example, botox injection, boob job, and such along that line is pointless. Can't anyone be happy with their natural self? Plastic surgery won't make you like yourself better, you know?

Edited by starfire, 22 June 2007 - 01:26 PM.

#108 yenaxchangmin

yenaxchangmin

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 12:59 PM

surgery can be both good and bad.
personally, i dislike plastic surgery simply because the person getting it doesn't see
their own unique and beautiful traits.
i understand if you have a body defect or something. but ...other than that. i don't like it all.

#109 kawaii!!!

kawaii!!!

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 05:51 AM

I think you should luv the way you are & be natural
sure,beauty means smth,but for real lover,no matter,boy or girl,it musn't matter what size etc do you have

although,if you was in car-crush accident or smth like this,sure,if you have money,you should do it
:)

#110 RPG_Ninja

RPG_Ninja

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 09:39 PM

Actually, I don't mind it. Like for me, I'd want to get like scars removed. >.< I don't like them. And I suppose people with like moles or sumtin might wanna get rid of theirs right?

#111 winterheaven

winterheaven

mmm... BoA's cute

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 06:28 PM

It roots from a lack of self-confidence, self-identity and wanting to conform to everything society says you should be...and you do it because you're gullible and aren't strong/satisfied enough with who you are. I'd never get it personally and NO, it's ridiculous to think that people who don't want it are jealous. Usually the ones that don't want it certainly don't need it. And I'm just repelled by knives attacking my flesh. Not everyone desires to go through so much unnecessary physical pain to look plastic and fake. Sorry if your narrow mind doesn't go that far in believing that some people in this world don't want the same exact things. Plastic surgery has it's downfalls. It's not all heaven up there.

Plastic surgery is like the newest diet fads. People who are overweight always seem to think that their being overweight is the cause of all their problems. So they're so eager to go on this new miracle diet because they think it will cure all their problems. People who are not so attractive think that this is the root of all their problems, and they think if they improve their appearance by painful means this will cause their lives to be better and almost perfect. But hardly, I doubt this is the case.

When society and people spend all their time concentrating on their outer appearance and superficiality...let's be serious, how much room do you have to work on bettering yourself and becoming a better person for the rest of the world on the inside? Then people go on to judge others by appearance even more. It's a self-destructive cycle. Why do you think people in Hollywood and LA are absolute arrogant bastards, where the plastic surgery in America is concentrated, and only care for money, how people look, and bringing others down when they don't look a certain way? Imagine that happening to a whole country. It would be devestating to intellect and humanity. Everyone would turn into half-brained bimbos. Then again...I doubt plastic surgery advocates have thought this deeply to the effects of a surgery takeover other than the (unrealistic) good side. Why am I surprised. Only the surface is important to them after all.

I think I'm the only one who is scared to see that re-constructing your face has become a new hobby, and most people seem to think nothing is wrong with it. This would've never been the case 50 years ago. Ask yourself this: Is our intelligence falling or rising? Do your research. See where we'll be in the next 70 years by the way we're shaping our minds and lifestyles.

Edited by winterheaven, 01 September 2007 - 06:37 PM.

#112 BoAFaN91

BoAFaN91

mmm... BoA's cute

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 02:37 AM

I prefer them natural.

#113 graciepooxp

graciepooxp

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 13 October 2007 - 08:37 PM

there are some people who need it for medical reasons & there are those who just do it to feel better about themselves.
honestly, i think inner and natural beauty is best. but i dont have a problem with it either.

#114 Rinoa

Rinoa

mmm... BoA's cute

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 01:44 AM

Plastic surgery is one of those issues which lead me to mixed feelings. I think that doing plastic surgery because you've had an accident or for medical reasons is completely acceptable. I feel it's not fair for a person to suffer their whole life because of a single event.

I usually don't consider doing a nose job or fixing something else as something wrong. Some people are happy with how they look but feel that a slight modification would enhance their life and I feel that it does have its' positive effects sometimes. However I feel that when a person does multiple interventions, he/she has issues which are much more serious than physical appearance. I really don't admire those people who go through a lot of interventions just to fit in society's current ideal image of "beauty". I feel that these people suffer from a low self-esteem and go through these interventions simply because they yearn to get the approval of people. Similarly to winterheaven, I feel that these people are usually the ones who are superficial and unable to be happy with who they are and probably they'll never be because there will always be some new intervention that they want to try out, similarly to several celebrities.

It's really sad sometimes seeing how celebrities on magazines are completely airbrushed, got several interventions and look completely different from how they were before their success. Makes you wonder if they even have a sense of self-identity. Sure beauty matters a lot in this current age but I feel that the price is too high to sacrifice just to fit in the slot of perceived "beauty". It's no wonder that many celebrities with all their beauty get themselves into drugs, excess drinking, empty relationships or unhealthy lifestyles (anorexia, bulimia, etc) because they are so obsessed with the external appearances that they forget to develop other aspects of their own personalities and remain superficial Barbies and many are utterly miserable.

Also it's seriously ridiculous to think that people who don't like or do plastic surgery are jealous. Believe it or not, some people are happy with who they are and are confident enough to have their flaws. Confidence is when you are able to be happy with who you are and no plastic surgery is going to remodel your confidence or remove your insecurity. I'm quite skeptical of those TV programs which give plastic surgeries to people because of their low self-esteem and suddenly they become so "confident".

In the end I believe being natural is the best solution. People are too obsessed with the concept of beauty and the idea that being beautiful will make all their problems vanish, that it's becoming ridiculous.

Edited by Rinoa, 05 November 2007 - 01:53 AM.

#115 love_tam_forever

love_tam_forever

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,039 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 09:42 AM

I'm O.K with plastic surgery ^_^
I don't think we have to keep what we are created with...
u can change to look better... just make sure that u look better...
we don't have to be so cruel to ourselves :D

#116 pupluvgurl

pupluvgurl

~Lindahh://♥

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,998 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 02:54 PM

I think plastic surgery is not good becasue usually people do it cuz its to improve their self-essteem. But I think its wrong. I have watched 200 pounds Beauty before but it doesn't really change my mind.....

#117 cheotsarang

cheotsarang

[~+ Tarantallegra +~]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 06:57 AM

i don't actually like those people who under go plastic surgery just to make their self beautiful in front of others... except of course those who have an accident before and needed to have this kind of operation.

before i like Hwanhee of Fly to the Sky but when he transformed himself by the help of plastic surgery.... that's when i started to dislike. :thumbsup:

#118 angel_kulet16

angel_kulet16

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,267 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 07:34 PM

i don't actually like those people who under go plastic surgery just to make their self beautiful in front of others... except of course those who have an accident before and needed to have this kind of operation.

i totally agree with you... ^_^ but what the heck. if they've got the money to go under the knife, it's really the patient's right to do it. but for me, i'm not in favor of plastic surgery unless it's really needed like mentioned above.

#119 FlootySwoop

FlootySwoop

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 08:40 AM

I don't see what's wrong with it. Some people treat people who've undergone plastic surgery like monster or something but really, what's wrong with it? To me, they just look better than they used to(well at least most of them lol).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users