Photo

If a girl starts beating on a guy, should he fight back?

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#1 Deathdemon

Deathdemon

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,448 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 07:10 AM

and try not to sound sexist by saying "no, cuz girls are girls and guys are guys."

(fighting wise.) ok, a girl defending herself from another girl..."ok". a guy defending himself from another guy..."ok". a girl defending herself from another guy...not only "ok", but movies will be made in some cases.

but what if a girl starts beating on a guy, and believe me, some girls really know how to hit. what if a man was in an abusive relationship with his girlfriend/wife, kinda like you'd think a woman would be. should he fight back? should he break societies norms by hitting a girl?

#2 dayg0play

dayg0play

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 07:21 AM

nope never. then a gain i am half pacifist so i dont really do violence. i just have my ways to make her stop hitting me and making her feel bad for what she is doing... i am a very pursuasive person =]P

#3 fumoffu0

fumoffu0

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 07:52 AM

a guy should never beat on a girl (unless she's ugly as hell, lol). the guy should just take the beatings or find a way to stop her without violence, or run away like a wussie.

#4 stArAnGeL

stArAnGeL

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 08:44 AM

i hope no guy beats on a girl...
unless she's has a weapon
and is trying to kill you
and the guy is trying to defend himself

#5 Sara, Sara, Sara, Sarang-hae-yo

Sara, Sara, Sara, Sarang-hae-yo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,154 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 09:35 AM

Although there are social norms that make one less inclined to hit a girl, if it was a way of self defense, I would fight back as necessary be it a girl or guy, there ought to be no difference, why should there be? However, in general I would rarely be violent to either gender. Girls should be able to hit guys no more than the opposite (hitting as a serious term rather than playful hitting). If in a certain situation an abusive husband is beating a woman, she has the right to fight back. If the situation is reversed, (and as you say, some women can be just as violent) the man has just as much right. However, even men believe they should never hit women in any circumstances which creates huge problems within the minority of cases of domestic violence where the man is the victim, as he will not speak out against an attack. It is the media image that is entrenched into our opinions that a man hitting a woman is abusive and a woman hitting a man is a justified attack. While these cases are more likely, there should not be a biased attitude regarding social norms of restraint in a given case.
To think about another strength of how gender roles influence our opinions, why is pink associated with girls and blue for boys? If we were to think objectively, colour would have little relevance to gender, but the sights and associations around us that we learn create these attitudes.

Edited by Sara, Sara, Sara, Sarang-hae-yo, 01 December 2005 - 09:38 AM.

#6 Daenar

Daenar

BoA's my new gf!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,378 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 10:44 AM

Yes. As much as I came usually against hitting girls and treating them less "violently" or aggressively than I do with guys, this is an issue of self-defense. Social norms DO agree with protecting yourself, or there wouldn't be laws that protect you even if you murder somebody, as long as it's proven it was in self-defense. In scenarios such as this, gender does not matter. Whether they are a guy or a girl does not change that you are getting beat up really bad and in danger of permanent, lasting damage, if not death. I would first to very held back to defend myself by hitting her back, but after you get pounded for a while, most people will lose this sort of "don't hit girls" mentality. You're in danger... it's "fight or flight"... there's no separating between genders when it gets to that stage.

#7 ptoor

ptoor

Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man

• Members
  • 9,306 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 11:24 AM

I'd so beat her up if 1) She was really cute/hot and was just being playful. :) 2) She's my friend. 3) She knows some sort of martial art and would totally kick my arse if I tried to retaliate.

#8 andros

andros

pretty fly.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,126 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 02:51 PM

yes he should

#9 Seojin

Seojin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 03:03 PM

of course he shouldn't beat her up......guys never hit girls......

#10 Kung Fu Hung-Su

Kung Fu Hung-Su

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,090 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 03:11 PM

I'd have to agree with a couple of people here, you gotta stand up for yourself, even if its a girl! Course I'd probably be more inclined to use submissive techniques in place of injury-inflicting moves...

#11 Spring Sakura

Spring Sakura

My family just disowned me!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 03:52 PM

but what if a girl starts beating on a guy, and believe me, some girls really know how to hit. what if a man was in an abusive relationship with his girlfriend/wife, kinda like you'd think a woman would be. should he fight back? should he break societies norms by hitting a girl?

Well, if a girl, unprovoked, started hitting a guy, I suppose I'd find it more favourable if the guy just tried to restrain her. Unless she was seriously causing damage, trying to kill the guy, or holding a weapon, then I see no reason for a guy to actually HIT her. Most of the time, a guy can pretty much just restrain the girl. Trying to restrain her should be the first step, if that's not possible...then knock her out. :)

In the case of an abusive relationship, then I do believe that he should shake off societal norms and defend himself. The fact that he is in an abusive relationship where the woman is the abuser already shatters most societies' norms as it is.

#12 Ace

Ace

BoA* Nut

• Members
  • 8,719 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 04:35 PM

Norms, Being a gentleman,...really now. What kind of self-respecting individual would allow someone to physically abuse them?

For those who answered "At all costs, I would not hit a girl", you would let a female pummel your face in and risk getting seriously hurt, or killed (this is very possible) in the name of the taboo-ness of hitting a girl?

If I was being beaten, I would do everything in my power to stop it and if it comes to retaliating, then so be it.

#13 FluffyMuffins

FluffyMuffins

~:~:gigglesnort:~:~

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 04:46 PM

Well, if a girl, unprovoked, started hitting a guy, I suppose I'd find it more favourable if the guy just tried to restrain her. Unless she was seriously causing damage, trying to kill the guy, or holding a weapon, then I see no reason for a guy to actually HIT her. Most of the time, a guy can pretty much just restrain the girl. Trying to restrain her should be the first step, if that's not possible...then knock her out. :D

In the case of an abusive relationship, then I do believe that he should shake off societal norms and defend himself. The fact that he is in an abusive relationship where the woman is the abuser already shatters most societies' norms as it is.

uhhh....my sister used to beat up her husband...and he was really, really weak and my sister was much stronger than him, not much he could do about it. Until she had a kid...she got 'nicer' and stopped hitting him. o.O I suppose, that's a...rare case to happen, ne?

I think, the guy should just leave if he's getting beat up (even if he's 'in love' with her x.x) and if he's in a dangerous situation with the girl, I think he's allowed to hit back but not nothing to cause her serious harm or break any of her bones or anyting like that ._. *shrugs* Just my opinion though o.o

#14 Isabella89

Isabella89

Clarissa = future pin-up artist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,556 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 05:01 PM

He should totally fight back. If she is abusing him he should assert himself and let her know he isn't going to stand for that. If someone is trying to seriously hurt you gender and age don't matter. You fight back and defend yourself.

#15 linhie

linhie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 05:06 PM

omg what are ya guys saying??? I think guys should never hit a girl! Even if it might be her fault. I think its just wrong. You can never lay your hands on them, i mean if a guy i know hits me, i would never forgive him.

Edited by linhie, 01 December 2005 - 05:07 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users