Photo

If a girl starts beating on a guy, should he fight back?

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#31 kimchiBoAchan

kimchiBoAchan

My family just disowned me!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,853 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 05:58 PM

I guess it haf to depend on the circumstances :wub: If the ger is too violent i guess the guy doesnt haf a choice but to retaliate but maybe keep the strength down so he wont hurt her too much :lol: But if she's like a "muscle man" then :ph34r: However its always better not to get messed up with gers cos they can be very unpredictable at times :D Lastly, i still believe that guys should not beat gers but i did not say guys should NEVER beat gers though =/ :lol:

#32 AzNStatus

AzNStatus

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 08:36 PM

It depends on the situation, but i say yes.

#33 † Lynn †

† Lynn †

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 903 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 09:05 PM

This is for sure very complicated...
When you are full with rage, you can't think property.
Beeing a girl or a boy. That's a fact.

I guess he can hit her back is she's really hurting him.
But the best it's try to hold her, immobilizing her.
Well.... and if you (the boy) is stronger than her, don't beat ó.ò

I had this fight, bout a week, with my brother... reason: the computer _ _'
I have 20 and he 17. But he is definitely much more stronger than me.
I started to beat him.... but he called me with ugly names, and i was furious!
then when i push him to his bed, and hit him in the face, he approached and started to beat me.

result: after 30 minutes beeing hit, i'm with bruises all my body...
i'm left handed, i passed two days without write a word, my left arm still is painful...
my back is still swallen, and it hurts so badly! even to walk, i can't run...
for three days i couldn't sleep without painkillers....

in a another fight i had with him bout 3 years ago,
he broke my thumb ... it's still out of his place ¬¬

So, is this fair?
i hit first.
But he hit me much more...
he could killed me...
even in a case of self-defense?

#34 AzNStatus

AzNStatus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 09:20 PM

Well since you had thrown the first punch or whatever and knew he was much stronger and what he is capable of, since you had previous scuffles with your bro and resulted in a broken thumb, then really it was your fault for the result in the injury.

As for what happened 3 years ago, that was unfair and uncalled for since it's your brother.
You should learn that using physical force isn't the answer, it makes things worser if anything.

Edited by AzNStatus, 01 December 2005 - 09:23 PM.

#35 † Lynn †

† Lynn †

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 903 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 09:32 PM

i know that.......
but as i said, when you are furious you may lost your mind........
i don't hit him everytime we have some problem...
but in this case i was incredible mad.

he called me whore........
i know i was wrong.

the fact is....
you only will know how it feels when you get yourself in the same situation...

I'm weak.

Edited by † Lynn †, 01 December 2005 - 09:33 PM.

#36 Spring Sakura

Spring Sakura

My family just disowned me!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 12:13 AM

Indeed. :P

Another thing I must mention, is that us males have a 'gang'. More like a triad.
The twins: testicles, and the captain: penis. Now when our friends hurt, we hurt even more. =/
And it's like natural instinct for a female to attack the 'gang' even though a male's face, head, neck is in open view to hit. So obviously, if a female were to attack our 'gang', we'd have to seek some sort of compensation for the pain caused.

I wouldnt say natural 'instinct', it's more of an informed decision. Most girls (that I know) wouldnt be able to hurt a guy unless he was puny, or they had some kind of blunt, heavy object. So the 'gang' is pretty much the only place on a male's body that is vulnerable to a girls' attack.
Although, personally, I don't like it when girl's kick a guys' 'gang' for no reason. I mean...sheesh, it's completely uncalled for.

And lol...I'm never going to think of the words 'gang' and 'triad' in the same way again. :thumbsup:

If males can drive, so can females.
If males can play sports, so can females.
If males can commit crimes, so can females.
So what's stopping males from hitting females, when females are free/willingly able to hit males?

Well...if a guy can hurt a girl 10x more than she can hurt him...why the hell doesnt he just restrain her or leave?
If some old lady started hitting you with her handbag...would you punch her in the face?
If a little kid kicked you, would you kick her back?
Most guys are far stronger than girls, so unless the occasion truly calls for it; I believe actually hitting a girl is inexcusable.
Besides a guy being attacked by a female weight lifter and a guy being attacked by some little old woman require two different courses of action. You can't generalise and say that a guy should physically retaliate if he's being attacked by a girl. It depends on what kind of situation is involved.

All the ppl here that say hitting a girl back is all right would think differently if they some huge guy retaliating against some scrawny girl. And all the ppl here that claim that hitting a girl is wrong wrong wrong wrong would think differently if they saw some guy being beaten half to death by a girl.

Edited by Spring Sakura, 02 December 2005 - 12:14 AM.

#37 kuraudo

kuraudo

I belong in a mental asylum!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,266 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 12:29 AM

Although, personally, I don't like it when girl's kick a guys' 'gang' for no reason. I mean...sheesh, it's completely uncalled for.

And lol...I'm never going to think of the words 'gang' and 'triad' in the same way again. =/

Thanks for protecting the "gang" because so many woman don't feel the same way you do =/
Somehow that makes me feel more at ease :P

Chloe, for everything in your above post, I support everything that you wrote. :P
I feel well inclined to read the posts that you write, due to awesomeness of your viewpoints
and the way you wish to express them. :thumbsup:

Edited by kuraudo, 02 December 2005 - 12:32 AM.

#38 ptoor

ptoor

Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,306 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 12:30 AM

I wouldnt say natural 'instinct', it's more of an informed decision. Most girls (that I know) wouldnt be able to hurt a guy unless he was puny, or they had some kind of blunt, heavy object. So the 'gang' is pretty much the only place on a male's body that is vulnerable to a girls' attack.

And lol...I'm never going to think of the words 'gang' and 'triad' in the same way again. laugh.gif

Well...if a guy can hurt a girl 10x more than she can hurt him...why the hell doesnt he just restrain her or leave?
If some old lady started hitting you with her handbag...would you punch her in the face?
If a little kid kicked you, would you kick her back?
Most guys are far stronger than girls, so unless the occasion truly calls for it; I believe actually hitting a girl is inexcusable.
Besides a guy being attacked by a female weight lifter and a guy being attacked by some little old woman require two different courses of action. You can't generalise and say that a guy should physically retaliate if he's being attacked by a girl. It depends on what kind of situation is involved.

All the ppl here that say hitting a girl back is all right would think differently if they some huge guy retaliating against some scrawny girl. And all the ppl here that claim that hitting a girl is wrong wrong wrong wrong would think differently if they saw some guy being beaten half to death by a girl.

I generalize for the sake of debate! :thumbsup:

That's a good excuse right?

But yeah, I totally agree. But I blew a lot of my thinking power on my little talk about the 'gang'.

Everything will always depend on the scenario.

#39 Kat

Kat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 02:47 PM

I think that he should. He's defending himself, and though it is not very often that men do get into an abusive relationship with their wife where they are the abused, it still happens. Self defense is self defense. Gender has no affect.

And in all truth, to any woman who says "no" if it's in self defense then that leaves other women open for attack about equal rights. Observe, if we want to be equal in some points but not in others then why be equal at all? You deliberately attacked a man, and he fought back. That's your own fault. Just like it's your own fault when you attack a woman and she fights back.

#40 kingster0517

kingster0517

For Shiznittle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,255 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 03:24 PM

I have never been in a situation where a guy would want to beat me up. But, I think that a guy can hit back at a girl to defend himself just like a girl can hit back at a guy to defend herself. But overall, if a guy is going to hit a girl -he better have a good reason for it. The same should go for girls toward guys as well. Abusive relationships are a no-no.

Edited by kingster0517, 16 January 2006 - 02:53 PM.

#41 eraiza

eraiza

`Dance.Like.This*<3

• Members
  • 5,816 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 05:10 PM

i'm a girl.. but i would if i was a guy =\
cause, girls shouldnt be beating on guys.
well noone should be beating on each other at all..
so like if the girl keeps doing it then yes i would hit back if iw as a guy
but the guy should also defend himself o.O

#42 Btdeadman

Btdeadman

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 04 December 2005 - 04:50 AM

I would say that if a girl is beating up her guy, then yeah the guy should just defend himself, not by hitting her back, but just trying to restrain her or something. No matter how bad the girl is for beating a guy up, they should still be respected and hitting them back would just go nowhere, instead it would sink down to their level. So if I was in that situation, I would just restrain her and then talk about it, it's all about communication, not violence.

Therefore, I really don't like abusive relationships, it's not right.

#43 -rita;zafra-

-rita;zafra-

[·*·BoA'slilPanda·*·]

• Members
  • 6,869 posts

Posted 04 December 2005 - 05:09 AM

omg what are ya guys saying??? I think guys should never hit a girl! Even if it might be her fault. I think its just wrong. You can never lay your hands on them, i mean if a guy i know hits me, i would never forgive him.

and why should a guy forgive a girl that has beaten him badly?

wow, that hurted.

as much as it might hurt a guy who was beaten by a girl

[sorry to bring this up back again, i'll edit this part if it is necessary]

again, i think boys shouldn't hit girls, neither girls should hit boys. But if the situation gets dangerous YOU HAVE TO DEFEND YOURSELF, otherwise where's your self-esteem? :P . sure girls sometimes are weaker than guys [not always] but that does not give them the right to hit guys. that wouldn't be fair. but by "hitting" i mean defend yourself, you can't hit someone with no reason.

#44 linhie

linhie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 11:38 AM

and why should a guy forgive a girl that has beaten him badly?
as much as it might hurt a guy who was beaten by a girl

[sorry to bring this up back again, i'll edit this part if it is necessary]
again, i think boys shouldn't hit girls, neither girls should hit boys. But if the situation gets dangerous YOU HAVE TO DEFEND YOURSELF, otherwise where's your self-esteem? :P . sure girls sometimes are weaker than guys [not always] but that does not give them the right to hit guys. that wouldn't be fair. but by "hitting" i mean defend yourself, you can't hit someone with no reason.

I think mental abuse and phsyical abuse are two different things. In this case what he said was worst than a guy hitting a girl. Yes he said it, NO its none of your business, and no you didn't have to bring it up. I think it was settled.

#45 -rita;zafra-

-rita;zafra-

[·*·BoA'slilPanda·*·]

• Members
  • 6,869 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 01:49 PM

i'm sorry if i upset you, i think i'll keep my opinions for myself next time. sorry again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users