59 replies to this topic

#1 Ace

Ace

BoA* Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,719 posts

Posted 04 December 2005 - 12:38 AM

December is a time when many of us realize the things that are truly important to us: togetherness, family values, and of course, the abundant generosity we receive from and bestow upon others. It's also a time when artists are recognized for their hard work, tremendous efforts, and overall success in capturing people's hearts, cultivating the global arts industry, and showing everyone what they are capable of achieving.

Posted Image

This year, BoA's definitely set to prove to us once again how much she's improved and what she's ultimately made up of: raw talent. Unbeknownst to some but all-too-familiar for us fans, BoA, a foreigner to Japan, has been invited once more to perform at its annual Kōhaku Uta Gassen. Aired by NHK, this prestigious event is attended only by J-Pop's best, by invitation. BoA being in only her fifth year as an artist, will make her fourth appearance in 2006's affair--an exceptional recognition by anyone's standards.

Posted Image

The Korean DaeSang (Grand Prize) award shows are also fast approaching and BoA is sure to take part, if not take it all the way at these heavily anticipated events. Of the most pivotal awards that she has received, the Seoul Gayo Dae Sang and SBS Dae Sang of 2002 were arguably the most important honors that BoA has attained. It signigified to all critics that she has what it takes to survive and potentially rise to the top of the extremely competitive Korean music industry. Fastforward three years later and we see that not only do artists from all over the world aspire to be at her level, not only do numerous individuals compare themselves to her, but she has deservedly become the girl on top. BoA has become and will continue to be the standard of success for many that wish to inspire the world through their music.

Posted Image

The BoAjjang staff wishes BoA all the best in the upcoming weeks. And even if she doesn't receive any awards, medals, or trophies, she will always be the best and biggest winner of all to us.

Author's/Editor's Note: The Kōhaku Uta Gassen is a contest-show held in Japan on New Year's Eve, which divides the invitees into two teams to vie for ultimate victory: The Red team which is composed of the female artists and the White team which comprises up of their male counterparts. Artists perform all throughout the evening, showcasing their most popular and successful tracks, as chosen by a selection committee. At night's end, a panel of judges along with the audience, both live and remote, vote for the team they think deserves the glory. The DaeSangs (Seoul Gayo DaeSang, SBS DaeSang, MBC DaeSang) on the other hand are Korea's equivalent to the Grammy Awards. Receiving the Best Artist recognition, decided upon by sales figures and polls, goes on top of an artist's list of accomplishments and is revered as the ultimate honor.

Credits:
Site: www.BoAjjang.com
Article/Writeup: Ace (BoAjjang)
Image Captures/Editing: Ace (BoAjjang) + kuraudo (BoAjjang)
Information: NHK Kōhaku Site

#2 kuraudo

kuraudo

I belong in a mental asylum!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,266 posts

Posted 04 December 2005 - 12:43 AM

Looks Sweeeet Andrew :wub:
Now you can sleep! :wub:

#3 Daenar

Daenar

BoA's my new gf!

• Members
  • 6,378 posts

Posted 04 December 2005 - 12:48 AM

awesome stuff!! i agree with Danny... now you can sleep!! :wub: thx for such an awesome post and the news. can't wait to see these when it happens and hope BoA wins lots of awards!

#4 CoCoGirl886

CoCoGirl886

BoA's my new gf!

• Members
  • 5,264 posts

Posted 04 December 2005 - 01:06 AM

Thanks for this awesome post Andrew!! Looking at the caps reminds me of BoA's great achievement over the years. She has worked hard to be a very successful artist in both Japan and Korea. And time seems to have passed by so quickly :wub:..

#5 Naruta-chan

Naruta-chan

VietPucca

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 04 December 2005 - 01:07 AM

cool analogy:
"but she has deservedly become the girl on top"

great writeup!

#6 Matsuura-

Matsuura-

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,514 posts

Posted 04 December 2005 - 01:45 AM

Thanks for write up Ace. Im so proud of BoA :wub:. She Deserves this! Can't wait to these, Hope she wins the lots too! :wub:

#7 shadow_zien

shadow_zien

BoA's my new gf!

• Members
  • 5,906 posts

Posted 04 December 2005 - 01:47 AM

lol~ must have taken a long time to write this
great post! ^^

#8 Chibi_Mayu

Chibi_Mayu

Mahou Shoujo sparkles

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,860 posts

Posted 04 December 2005 - 01:47 AM

Waah :wub: I'm so proud for BoA!! Thanks for the news update! :wub:

#9 drew_221

drew_221

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 04 December 2005 - 01:49 AM

OOOO, the Kohaku thing would be interesting to view. Well I would really like to just see BoA's performances, but seeing other performers would be a plus

#10 KiRoA

KiRoA

mmm... BoA's cute

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 04 December 2005 - 02:11 AM

Whooooaaa :P thanks for da news :D hope BoA win lots of award :D

#11 BoAisMyidol

BoAisMyidol

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 04 December 2005 - 02:18 AM

Alrite!!! I'm so happy for BoA that she has an opportunity like this... she totally deserve it considering how much hard work she has put in throughout her 5 year career. i hope that she would take home many accolades and show everyone that she is the best there is in the Korean entertainment industry!

#12 TiNkZx

TiNkZx

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts

Posted 04 December 2005 - 02:57 AM

great article Ace!!.
dis shuld b posted up ta d newspapers..
so evryone wil kno wut a great artiste BoA is!!

#13 Spring Sakura

Spring Sakura

My family just disowned me!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,540 posts

Posted 04 December 2005 - 03:43 AM

Fourth time invitation in a 5 yr career, which means our BoA is one of the very few who achieved mega superstar status in the mere span of ONE year! :P
I am soooo proud of her! GOOOO BOA! Knock their socks off!!!!!

#14 ptoor

ptoor

Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man

• Members
  • 9,306 posts

Posted 04 December 2005 - 03:59 AM

Dang, this took a day to do.. :P
Kudos on the writeup....

and kudos x 1000000 to BoA for becoming the industry standard! :D

#15 Eiji

Eiji