81 replies to this topic

#1 tokyo_honey

tokyo_honey

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 05:54 PM

I just want to know how people feel about this. african americans going out with asians.personally i think theres nothing wrong it since im asian and i dont have anything against black people, but some african americans dont feel the same. my friend who is chinese is dating a african american and people stare at them and give them weird looks. so what do you guys think?

#2 rob0tix

rob0tix

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 06:05 PM

I don't see anything wrong with asians dating african americans. People are individuals and are independent. They have the right to choose who they do or do not date. People should respect that. If one person loves another and vice versa, then it does not matter what race/ethnicity they are. As long as the love is there, that is all that counts. You do not have to care about what other people think or have to say. Unless it is one of your closest friends trying to warn you about the possible concerns that they have about the personality/intentions of the person, you really shouldn't care.

#3 jpmiyuka

jpmiyuka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 06:07 PM

I'm a black female and I don't have a problem with asians at all(well obviously I'm on a BoA forum). As a matter of fact I'm attracted to asian guys(ex. Se7en, Taebin, etc.) I actually think interracial dating is a beautiful thing. It shows that people has overcome prejudice to be togther. Espically in the media. In which they potray that a certain race is a certain way. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it.

And I honestly don't see how this is Serious Discussion...but we'll see~

Yeah I agree. But we shall see.

Edited by jpmiyuka, 19 January 2006 - 06:13 PM.

#4 thaly

thaly

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 06:28 PM

i honestly don't see anything wrong with it. i know a lot of asian girls who date black guys, got married, and have kids. asian guys hate it bc the asian girls are gone, and there aren't any left for them. my brothers feel bad bc of that. black women are against it too bc the good black men are gone. overall, interacial dating is indeed a beauitful thing. it shows that ppl can look pass cultural differences and accept others for who they are and not what they are. (my parents won't accept me dating a black guy though.)

Edited by thaly, 19 January 2006 - 06:32 PM.

#5 xx_lost_love_xx

xx_lost_love_xx

BoA's my new gf!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,673 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 06:33 PM

i dont find anything wrong with it at all
my ex was african american and people did not look at us funny at all
thing was, he was too controlling and posessive so i ended it =X

#6 xx_purple

xx_purple

My family just disowned me!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,574 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 06:45 PM

Jeffu's right :) I have no problem with it either!

Anyway, being serious now. I don't have a problem with asians & africans being together. People give them weird looks when they ARE together because you wouldn't expect to see that everyday. If two people love each, (I feel like I'm debating O__O) regardless of their race or status, they should be together. There isn't a law where it says 2 people of certain races, can't be together. Or at least I haven't heard of one.

I made my point =] I am happy, although everyone made theirs before me.

#7 jpmiyuka

jpmiyuka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 07:01 PM

black women are against it too bc the good black men are gone.

I'm not against it. I actually applaude it.

overall, interacial dating is indeed a beauitful thing. it shows that ppl can look pass cultural differences and accept others for who they are and not what they are. (my parents won't accept me dating a black guy though.)

^^ :) agree. Your parents won't? Why? Is it a tradition thing?

#8 Deathdemon

Deathdemon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,448 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 07:02 PM

lol, why would i? i love asian woman. but here in spanaway, it's pretty common for a korean chick to be married to a black guy. we have a high korean population. but spanaway is near mccord afb and fort lewis, washingtons biggest military bases. and probably like 75% of the black and korean hookups over here are military families. but alot of military families also, retired or active duty. i know this one korean and black chick. since i was 8 cuz her dad and my mom went out for a year and we went to school with each other for a few years since we lived a few blocks away. always used to look like a dog and we really didn't like each other, but for 2 years after not seeing her since i was 13, she's weirdly turned over a new leaf and acts pretty nice. and ddddaaaammmnnn, she is hot. but taken. :) so, past all the babbling, i personally think asian girls can be hot and so can mixed asian girls, especially mixed with black.

#9 Blank

Blank

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 08:17 PM

If i had a problem with it i wouldn't listen to Crystal Kay now would i :)

i'm more in the middle... between against and with it.... i'm fine with other ppl dating other races... but i won't date anyone that's not asian... cuz it feels kinda weird...

#10 BoAFriend

BoAFriend

My family just disowned me!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,338 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 10:47 PM

I personally think that interracial dating is perfectly fine and I actually think sometimes it's better than dating within your own ethnicity.

As for Asians dating African Americans, it's not as common, but hey, there's nothing wrong w/ it. I do know some African Americans at our school who don't really go for it and Asians who are totally racist and all stereotypical about African Americans, but....maybe that's just my area. I don't know any Asians w/ African Americans at my school.

But my point is that there is nothing wrong with Asians going out with African Americans. If people can't learn to accept it, it's their loss, not yours.

Edited by BoAFriend, 19 January 2006 - 10:47 PM.

#11 pavle

pavle

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 04:15 AM

I'm Bosnian, we invented interracial relationships :) Well, only intereuropean, but, since I haven't seen many of these people who are mixed with other people, I comment saying, why not do this? We are all human. :D

#12 Ricadonna

Ricadonna

Gackt Inspector

• Members
  • 6,285 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 01:06 PM

This is kind of a dumb thread. No one is going to say they have a problem with it and make themselves look like racists. Its a pointless question no is going to bring the animosity the starter wants.

Exactly.

Anyway, there's already an Interracial Dating topic in this forum: http://forums.boajja...showtopic=19146

#13 tomiko3

tomiko3

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 05:20 PM

i'm an african american and i personally dont see anything wrong with it duh i'm in an asian forum but thats not to say that there is still a stigma with dating asians . i know alot of my friends mostly africn american females find it exstemely odd that i find asian guys attractive. you dont even want to know what a guys that i knew said to me reguarding asian guys . but my point is i think interacial dating is wonderful because if you think about it if every race mixed with every race there would eventually be just one race=no racism . and to someone that said this above me about no onesaying that there against it. you are sooo terribly mistaken because if you go to solid oh you'll find a couple of people that are very open about them being against interacial dating.
thats it i made my point

#14 Ricadonna

Ricadonna

Gackt Inspector

• Members
  • 6,285 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 05:25 PM

and to someone that said this above me about no onesaying that there against it. you are sooo terribly mistaken because if you go to solid oh you'll find a couple of people that are very open about them being against interacial dating.
thats it i made my point

BoAjjang is not Solid.
People are different on different forums.
However, I understand what you're saying. I mean, I'd like to believe that the reason no one says "I think interracial relationships are wrong" is because no one on BoAjjang is 'close-minded,' but that's probably not the case. Either they don't want to go to the trouble of opening a can of worms, or explaining their views, or can state them in a way that's not as offensive, like "it's not for me, because I like my own race better; it's better to preserve your own race, etc."

Interracial dating is a plus, for me. I don't like dating most guys of my dominant culture, because most of them dress gangster (& are gangsters, supposedly) at my school. D: But I don't find Asian guys the most attractive either. Then again, does my opinion on interracial dating even matter in this thread? I am neither (full) Asian, nor African American, so.. (& using the term 'African Americans' is kind of limiting the people... haha, just kidding), I don't have any experience on the matter.

My parents have raised me to be open-minded though.
I think they'd actually prefer me to date someone who wasn't Hispanic. =x

Edited by Ricadonna, 20 January 2006 - 05:27 PM.

#15 budonkadonk

budonkadonk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 05:33 PM

I won't lie... I can be against it at times.

The main reason I'm against it is because of fetishes. Especially in Japan, I see Japanese men or women with black fetishes. They want a black boyfriend or girlfriend to quench their thirst... and use them as bragging rights. They often don't care how they treat them or vice versa... and then you have black people with an asian fetish... and it's the same way around. It's just a disgusting reason to be in a relationship.

Now, if they genuinely like each other... ethnicity put aside, then there isn't a problem with them dating. I just hate when it's based solely off of a fetish.

I don't have a problem with it... but, sometimes I will do a double take when I see them... it just looks off... the same thing as if there's an ugly guy or girl dating a good looking girl or guy. It's not based on racism, but rather it's based on asthetics. People tend to stare at things that just seem out of the norm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users