81 replies to this topic

#16 vocaltalentz

vocaltalentz

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,570 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 05:34 PM

Well I used tot hink there was something wrong...until I fell in love with an African American (I'm Asian), now I don't see what's wrong with it if someone is really in love or really like the person. It's really who you are on the inside, not what race you are...you know? Once you love someone, you don't even see what they are anymore but the person they are...

#17 fumoffu0

fumoffu0

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 10:16 PM

we're all people, theres nothin wrong wit it. I think ppl look is becuz they're not used to seeing tha kinda thing around here. When they c it more n more, then it wont be a disturbance to they're eyes.

even so, african american chicks arent exactly my taste in gurls and im asian...maybe im just like those ppl that stare

#18 Guest_Umbra Res_*

Guest_Umbra Res_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 February 2006 - 10:03 AM

I was raised with a family saying "Stick with your race" which was one of the most faulty things they could ever say. Because of the fact that I'm Hispanic/Japanese they thought my parents were bad or something. I mean, its nice and everything to mix with culture and race, but sometimes I wish I was a purebred instead of a mut so I would be accepted by them.

#19 Sticky

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 08 February 2006 - 10:16 AM

I don't have a problem with interracial dating. I have many African friends, sooo easy to make friends with. :D

#20 Jakalope'sBoy

Jakalope'sBoy

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 08 February 2006 - 11:17 AM

Even on aesthetics alone I endorse interracial dating. It just looks so interesting and by different races you can really see two people, two worlds, two different universes merging together.

However, if someone is going to choose on superficiality alone I do not agree with. I'm open to any race as there are good and bad apples in every one.

People against interracial dating are very narrow-minded or likely a subject of a homogenous/homogenious culture or are their parents.

#21 Guest_Umbra Res_*

Guest_Umbra Res_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 February 2006 - 11:21 AM

I don't have a problem with interracial dating. I have many African friends, sooo easy to make friends with. :D

Interracial dating is more common now because of that fact that people are becoming less racist and more open.
And not all African American people are easy to make friends with since they have as much problems with other races as other races do with them.
I rather not stick with my race because my family kind of ruined my view about it. Whatever they say is bad or inmoral,is what I do...I have a Filipino boyfriend for proof Posted Image, because I love him so much...but thats not the point Posted Image

#22 Meenerz

Meenerz

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 08 February 2006 - 12:57 PM

I'm korean and I do not see a problem with dating a African American man. Or of any race really. Cliché, but everyone is equal, regardless of color of skin and race.

I think as time passes by, we are seeing this, which I am VERY grateful for. I don't know what I would do with myself if I was living in the segregation era. :D. Who knows? Maybe in a century or two, racism won't exist. =]

I haven't ever dated a African American man before but my friend is quite attractive to black men. Hahaha <3

#23 Sticky

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 08 February 2006 - 02:53 PM

I am going to pretend I can tell the future.

Everyone who posts after me will say they have no problem with it, and those that do are idiots.

Ad Populum, or bandwagon. No one here wants to come off as racist, you'll obviously get banned if you do.

#24 supersailormercury

supersailormercury

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,248 posts

Posted 08 February 2006 - 02:54 PM

There is nothing wrong with it. I hate racist people.... :D

#25 kingster0517

kingster0517

For Shiznittle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,255 posts

Posted 08 February 2006 - 04:54 PM

I seriously don't understand why it even gets mentioned. Dating someone out of your race is so normal these days. It is mostly the old folks who look at it oddly because they still live 'back in the day' and some just can't get over anything else but marrying same race.
Black + Yellow=
It's not bad. There is nothing wrong with it.
It's just color anyways. What's wrong with different colors. Colors make the world a pretty cool place to live in.
*If someone says that they have a problem with asian people dating african american people, then this might turn into a serious discussion. *sigh*

Edited by kingster0517, 08 February 2006 - 04:56 PM.

#26 -rita;zafra-

-rita;zafra-

[·*·BoA'slilPanda·*·]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,869 posts

Posted 08 February 2006 - 05:06 PM

i have no problem with it unless the asian person is dating the other cuz he/she black or the other person is dating him/her cuz he/she is asian, i dun like fetiches =X

#27 weirdnshort

weirdnshort

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,974 posts

Posted 08 February 2006 - 09:13 PM

there's nothing wrong with it.. my sister dated a black person before.

#28 AzNStatus

AzNStatus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts

Posted 08 February 2006 - 09:22 PM

Hey it's cool with me, it doesn't matter what race.

Just one thing though, Do Asian parent's allow it?
I know some Asian parents who are funny about there son/daughter going out with a different race...

#29 Guest_Umbra Res_*

Guest_Umbra Res_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 February 2006 - 09:44 PM

I know some Asian parents who are funny about there son/daughter going out with a different race...

That can be applied with all races.

The new generation is waaay more open than the oldies.

But...I would think that it matters how much they've been brought around something like that though...it gives them a different judgement about whats right to them, and whats wrong.

#30 jpmiyuka

jpmiyuka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 09 February 2006 - 04:58 PM

My dad doesnt care as long as he is a nice guy. But my mom is a bit iffy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users