81 replies to this topic

#31 Irzu7

Irzu7

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 05:02 AM

There's nothing wrong with interacial dating, it all comes down to preferences, whatever floats your boat, to each his own kinda thing :lol:....but as someone said earlier some asian parents (from the old school world) strongly frown upon IR relationships.....im flip and my gf is korean and even tho we're both asian my parents still every now and then give little suggestive remarks like..."there's flip girls around you know" etc.....so even within same race relationships there then is inter-asian issues at play, so yea kudos to the ppl who actually are in IR relationships ^_^

#32 Winged_Weltall

Winged_Weltall

mmm... BoA's cute

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 03:52 PM

Unless you dont mind people giving you strange looks etc. then interracial dating is nothing wrong. You should go out with who you love.

#33 Dimension Zer0

Dimension Zer0

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 08:32 PM

not that im against it or anything, i just dont think its a good match

i think people dating people of the same ethnicty is a better match than people of different ethnicities

#34 Itachi

Itachi

BoA* Guardian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,348 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 08:39 PM

Love comes in all shapes and forms. Nothing is wrong with an Asian person dating an African American. It depends on the person. Everyone has their own views.

#35 TOASTiiE

TOASTiiE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 08:41 PM

All that should matter in a relationship, is if the people actually care for each other and all that jazz. Ethicity shouldn't be a matter.

#36 Guest_Umbra Res_*

Guest_Umbra Res_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 February 2006 - 12:38 AM

i think people dating people of the same ethnicty is a better match than people of different ethnicities

Half of me thinks that,and the other half knows its wrong to think that way...but it does depend on how strongly you were raised around it,and about it. well,its not wrong,but with how the world is now,it would probably be considered so. I always thought of myself being with another hispanic person,because the society around me pressured me into thinking like that.

I'm going to agree with you on your comment.

#37 Jakalope'sBoy

Jakalope'sBoy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 07:26 AM

This is all on a superficial standpoint, yes?

And when you say ethnicity, are you saying that a Japanese dating a Chinese, African American dating a Jamaican, west Indian dating a east Indian is not a good match? Because physically they may share a lot of characteristics but are fundamentally different in terms of ethnicity.

There are always obstacles whether it would be culture, goals, socio-economic status, status, personalities, upbringing, etc.

#38 Guest_Umbra Res_*

Guest_Umbra Res_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 February 2006 - 12:48 PM

And when you say ethnicity, are you saying that a Japanese dating a Chinese, African American dating a Jamaican, west Indian dating a east Indian is not a good match? Because physically they may share a lot of characteristics but are fundamentally different in terms of ethnicity.

There are always obstacles whether it would be culture, goals, socio-economic status, status, personalities, upbringing, etc.

Well,they also said they aren't against it. I understand what they're talking about because I somewhat think the same way. Does that mean I think its wrong? Most certainly not. I have dated outside of my race more times than I have kept within it.Its good to know other's cultures,but you always feel safe when coming back to your own...at least I do. And even though I still think this way,I continue to date outside of my race.

#39 pimpcess04360

pimpcess04360

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 15 February 2006 - 01:06 AM

personally, I dun think how color shud be the main issue of whether or not 2 ppl. belong together. But yes, I do notice that ppl. tend to stare wen you're azn and ur dating an African American.

#40 Dimension Zer0

Dimension Zer0

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 16 February 2006 - 03:48 PM

yes

no.. i did not say those were not good matches..
ok, i didnt mean ethnity that way, the term i probably meant was race.. not exactly sure. but anyhow.. what i meant was asian+asian, caucasian+caucasion, etc are better matches than say asian+caucasian

Edited by Dimension Zer0, 16 February 2006 - 03:48 PM.

#41 MiangAmakura

MiangAmakura

Who's BoA?

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 February 2006 - 06:42 PM

Well, I'm African-American and I date a Japanese guy and we're perfectly fine. There's nothing wrong with it.

#42 Ricadonna

Ricadonna

Gackt Inspector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,285 posts

Posted 17 February 2006 - 01:29 PM

ok, i didnt mean ethnity that way, the term i probably meant was race.. not exactly sure. but anyhow.. what i meant was asian+asian, caucasian+caucasion, etc are better matches than say asian+caucasian

It depends on the person.
I am mostly Mexican (some Italian, some Asian, blah blah), but I was raised in America, and raised with very few of the values/teachings that my "more Mexican" relatives grew up with. I haven't had a lot of run-ins with "true Mexicans," since I'm 'whitewashed'.
According to other "true Mexicans," I act white. I'm white on the inside. And most Hispanic guys I know have been raised with traditional Hispanic values. I wasn't. White people (that aren't Hispanic) aren't. So I find more things in common with them than with 'my people.'
Sorry if that didn't make sense.
But it really depends if that person shares your values & stuff, because those differ with each culture and ethnicity.

#43 fantom

fantom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 17 February 2006 - 02:32 PM

if we cant see past each others race then we might as well be blind, this the same issue as being racist sort of, b/c people have problems w/ people of different races being together

to me i could careless who's with who

#44 Guest_Umbra Res_*

Guest_Umbra Res_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 February 2006 - 03:40 PM

Heres a cool fact. I don't know if everyone believes it or not,but we all are actually traced back to African descendents, and the oldest tribe in Africa has the chracteristics of each sub-divisional race. They have the common Asian eye, some have blond hair, and some have very straight hair,some have the common European nose structure, etc.

So we're all related in that way, and it would be weird if we did have anything against African Americans and Asians going out. We would have something against ourselves. :P

But its an interesteing fact regardless.

#45 jpmiyuka

jpmiyuka

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 17 February 2006 - 05:34 PM

^^^Yeah we learned about taht in Biology. My teacher (she is caucasian) and when she was talking to us about it she was like " I have no idea why people are walking around screaming 'white power' for because we all are just mutations of our real descendents from africa." It was really interesting.

Why is that? Because skin color or culutural background is the same? But I understand what you are talking about though. I feel little bit like that too. But just because 2 people of seperate races are togehter doesnt mean thats it wrong or its not a good match. It just shows that 2 people can over come all the sterotypes and cultural and racial differences to be together. I for one think its very beautiful. I hope in the future, when people see something like that, they dont stop and stare. They would be happy for them or applaud it instead.

if we cant see past each others race then we might as well be blind, this the same issue as being racist sort of, b/c people have problems w/ people of different races being together

to me i could careless who's with who

I agree

Edited by jpmiyuka, 17 February 2006 - 05:45 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users