Photo

Asian Pop is not better than American pop.

• Please log in to reply
139 replies to this topic

#136 unsoundtrademark

unsoundtrademark

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 04:18 PM

"Asian Pop is not better than American pop. " why do you give yourself a problem like this

asian pop, american pop or whatever pop it is....which is better or not..whatever kind of genre.....i don't care...
as long as i listen to my favorite songs...and i'm enjoying it.... :( :) :) B)

#137 ricegamer

ricegamer

mmm... BoA's cute

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 10:24 PM

MUSIC IS MUSIC!! Good music doesnt need words. You are very ignorant if you think some music is better than another.

#138 walkthroughme

walkthroughme

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,377 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 05:41 AM

Oh dear, this thread is back again? who did it?! XD
All this thread is, is random arguements, ignorance and stupidity.
With a few intelligent statements here and there~

The orignal point was saying that being a music elitist is dumb, and no one type of music is better than the other.
Which is the truth.

My opinion is that Canadian music is one of the best, probably because I am Canadian. However, the person beside me may like Asian music more. It's all about personal preference.

You can argue until the cows come home and you'll never get anywhere, because all genres are equal and everyone likes something different.

#139 SM_SYK

SM_SYK

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 03:00 PM

That's your opinion. You don't think Asian music is better, then that's fine. But so many people here could be die hard fans of Asian music and this kind of kills the mood. I don't want to get too mean, but as a fanatic of Asian music, I'd have to strongly disagree.

Although there is some occasional cursing in certain Asian songs, they're usually not allowed on tv shows unless they fix the song. But every time my friend makes me hear a recent American song, I can count about 10 curses in one sentence.

#140 SuYen

SuYen

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 05:53 PM

^
meh if you think cursing on songs are bad. Fine, I respect that But it doesn't mean songs that doesn't have swearing are better.

There is beauty in all genres.

Some people are just ignorant, close minded, can't appreciate it or just can't feel the vibe to the music. That's all. As long as people don't go pointing out that what they listen to are more true than the others I'm fine with that.

Yes it is true that the music today are degrading. Not so much that they are going to stop the music industry though. Today's music industry is messed up, in terms of what they show on mainstream music channels. They only show music videos that are easy listening. Something that people can pick up and like/dislike it right away. Something girls and the kids will buy right away. It will be their idol, their image and their personality.

Artist that started early on (60s-2002-03) and still continuing their works of today got their reps already. The new bands and artist are the ones who are having trouble a little bit. To come up with something original and new that is.

Sometimes I do wonder if we already gave all of our shots. Can there be a new genre? a new music?

Anyway. I don't hate the mainstream music. I just dislike what they are portraying to the young people out there. And business wise, you all know that the company wants your $$$$. They'll do anything to make fan boys and fan girls scream off their head and buy their CDs and merchandise.

Its disgusting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users