213 replies to this topic

#211 Joshorty

Joshorty

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,644 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 03:09 PM

Girls' Generation's The Boys. To think Ted Riley produced this scares me and I'm not sure who wrote the lyrics to this poor adaption, more like literal translation.

It's so sad to think this single cracked the overall top 200 songs on iTunes US.

#212 Moon&Sunrise

Moon&Sunrise

Love&Honesty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 06:39 PM

Girls' Generation's The Boys. To think Ted Riley produced this scares me and I'm not sure who wrote the lyrics to this poor adaption, more like literal translation.

It's so sad to think this single cracked the overall top 200 songs on iTunes US.

Well, Compared to the music that's currently dominating and the music teens seem to favor, this isn't much of a stretch

And other than a couple lines of lyrics , The song makes perfect sense quite honestly. I think you're being over dramatic lols.

Honestly if they fixed a couple of lines and i didn't know for a fact the girls were Korean and i listened to this I'd be shocked rofl. This is probably the best adaptation to the American industry I've ever seen, especially on a first try.

#213 Sylfi

Sylfi

mmm... BoA's cute

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 03:23 PM

i agree, as much as i love Utada she needs to work on her english lyrics. It's all over the place and so confusing.

Honestly, I love her English lyrics, and they make perfect sense to me. The only thing is that a few of her songs (well, mostly the ones on Exodus) are very personal, so unless you know a lot about her, the songs probably won't make sense. For instance, "You Make Me Want To Be A Man" is about the problems that she was having with her husband. "Hotel Lobby" is a song about a prostitute, and she wrote it because, at that point in her life, she felt overprotected and she fantasized about being "unprotected".

#214 Mashimaro-san

Mashimaro-san

VIVID

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:03 AM

I actually love Beat of My Heart.

Beat of My Heart is a break up song, look at the verse and the chorus makes a lot sense. Its a lot more meaningful than people think.

"I'm up from my down, I turn it around, I'm not going back, I'm not gonna drown, I'm taking a stance, I won't miss a chance, I want you to see, I'm not here to dance. The way the you feel could never be real, I want you to know that I've finished the deal, so I'm saying to you that I'll always be true to the rhythm inside, to the beat of my heart. The beat of my heart, yeah it tears us apart."

HiIlary Duff is saying that she's not going to be in denial any more. She doesn't see any love in this relationship. She wants to show the person she's not here to play games. Duff is ready to leave this relationship without turning back, listening to her heart (hence "to the beat of my heart"). Duff following her heart causes the relationship to break, "the beat of my heart, yeah it tears us apart..."

"Been looking around, I've finally found, the rhythm of love, the feeling of sound. Its making a change, the feeling is strange, its coming right back, right back in my range. I'm not worried about anything else. I'm waking up to the beat of my heart."

Duff's heart wants to be free, she can sense that the relationship she's in is not true love. Duff found someone else whom she's able to connect with, the metaphor of her heart beating creating a sound she's never felt before. This new found true love is making Duff see everything in a different light, and turning her into a different person. No longer scared, Duff chooses to follow her heart "I'm not worried about anything else. I'm waking up to the beat of my heart."

Away, away, away... to the beat of my heart.

The song ends with Duff saying she's leaving the relationship and she no longer has any feelings towards the person she's breaking up with, all of this is coming from her heart. Duff is ready to move on, away.

Edited by Mashimaro-san, 15 February 2012 - 10:08 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users