213 replies to this topic

#16 Uni

Uni

Teh Hajiman Sexy Fail Kru 's Enforcer >D

• BoAjjang Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,665 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 11:46 AM

I wouldn't say the lyrics are fobbish, it's just the way he pronounces it that makes him sound fobbish when he's really not all that fob.

Micky's Rapping Part in Show Me Your Love
You know it. It's like bling bling ball!
Can't stop it even though it's not that cool.

He says coll instead of cool cause he wants to rhyme ball and cool rofl.

#17 xx_lost_love_xx

xx_lost_love_xx

BoA's my new gf!

• Members
  • 5,673 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 12:08 PM

^i found that so adorable =]

#18 Satokasu Suki

Satokasu Suki

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 12:21 PM

I wouldn't say the lyrics are fobbish, it's just the way he pronounces it that makes him sound fobbish when he's really not all that fob.

Micky's Rapping Part in Show Me Your Love
You know it. It's like bling bling ball!
Can't stop it even though it's not that cool.

He says coll instead of cool cause he wants to rhyme ball and cool rofl.

LOL, yes! That part is so funny. XD

DBSK's version of Hug... their pronounciation and most of the words are kinda fobby. :P But I still love that song.

For example, "Cause we are too young to love so I can’t say little long hold you in my arms."

I can't say little long? XD

#19 weirdnshort

weirdnshort

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,974 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 12:33 PM

^ lol i was listening to Shinhwa's English Perfect man and DBSK's English Hug.. i can't decifer some of their words.

oh can someone explain Se7en's & whoever's rap in Startline to me, "bling bling star.. Smooth cat i've been had it like that. and i...Take it from me, i'm going to leave you astray" something that sounds like " omf chow, things are going to get get easier.." <- what's that supposed to mean?

#20 vocaltalentz

vocaltalentz

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,570 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 01:31 PM

all of utada's ugly english lyrics, sorry :P;;

hmm...chobits "let me be with you" because the title is pretty much the whole song... "du du du du yeah du du du du yeah du du du du let me be with you" and that goes on for about five minutes :P the beat is good though lol.

hmm...most of boa's song lyrics, i HATE songs that are about love, i absolutely despise them SO much. i haven't heard a boa song that's ntoa bout love yet...in fact, msot songs are about love :D;;;

also, koda kumi and namie amuro's slutty lyics..."want me want me" and "shake it" screams EWW

hmm...i didn't know i ahted so many song lyrics xD oh well, i have mroe but i don't wanan overdo it xD

#21 Mirai Pan-chan

Mirai Pan-chan

Bad Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,013 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 02:10 PM

Also loved how she pronounced "message" 'meh-sa-jee' and "serenade" 'seh-reh-na-eed' (or 'seh-reh-na-dee'?) in "MOTO"... ha. I mean, come on.

In Chinese, Japanese, and Korean, you would say message and seranade with an accent, which would come out `meh-sa-jee` and `seh-reh-na-eed`. Like my parents who speak fluent Chinese in 3 tongues, they always say `message` that way when they're speaking Chinese.

Edited by Mirai Pan-chan, 29 January 2006 - 02:10 PM.

#22 tomiko3

tomiko3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 03:43 PM

oh how could i forget moto by boa and also namie amuros want me want me once she started talking about trojins i just stoped listening and i'm also not sure of this song but its by utada hikaru where she says I want your baby <huh wow too much for me or perhaps theres more meaning

#23 Sal

Sal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,442 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 06:40 PM

In Chinese, Japanese, and Korean, you would say message and seranade with an accent, which would come out `meh-sa-jee` and `seh-reh-na-eed`. Like my parents who speak fluent Chinese in 3 tongues, they always say `message` that way when they're speaking Chinese.

BoA knows next to perfect english. I think she added an accent because, come on, if she sang 'Message' instead of 'meh-sa-jee' it wouldn't sound right. XD Plus I remember somone saying the word for message sounded like 'meh-sa-jee' so that could've been another reason.

And I'll have to agree with the Eric thing. His raps never make since. XD I still lovers him though. (Did you know he's in the hospital right now? ;___:)

Edited by Sal, 29 January 2006 - 06:41 PM.

#24 kimmychan

kimmychan

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 08:36 PM

i agree w/ Chibi Mayu
and most of Duff's songs are likely stupid,eg Wake up"london,paris,may b tokyo??"
how silly :)
she sounds like trash :bleh:

#25 BoA_rocks_in_english

BoA_rocks_in_english

The Unbiased BoA Fan

• Members
  • 6,011 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 12:06 AM

How can you not like Hikaru's english album lyrics? O__o; would you rather have her sing about hoes, or plain old sex on the dance floor. One of her songs is about sex or dancing but it actually manages to get some good lyrics in there. :lol: I still can't believe you all don't like the lyrics. Most of the lyrics are metaphorical, and beautiful. Kremlin Dusk alone has so many different levels of interpretation, and the album is genius :wub: (Yes I said it :P, and I'll say it again the album is genius.)
My favorite lyrics from there are
- Kremlin Dusk
- Exodus '04
- Hotel Lobby
- Let Me Give You My Love

Easy Breezy, does have historical meaning because of the stereotypes given to Japanese women.
You Make Me Want to Be aMan is about her wanting to be a man so that she could understand how a man acts. She can't fathom how or why he would act ina certain way and the boundaries of gender prevent this
:P

Actualy u make me want to be a man was written about her husband and she thought if she could be a man she could understand him in some other ways that a girl couldnt ^^ :hug:

Anyway another one i hate is garden in the air by BoA i just cant seem to like it no matter what lol i tried and tried but nope zip zilch blahhhhhhhhhhh

Edited by BoA_rocks_in_english, 30 January 2006 - 12:08 AM.

#26 weebekahng2

weebekahng2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 03:36 AM

otsuka ai's pon pon <.< *pon pon pon pon pon pon......*

#27 Odyism

Odyism

Odyism

• Banned
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 04:05 AM

Actualy u make me want to be a man was written about her husband and she thought if she could be a man she could understand him in some other ways that a girl couldnt ^^ :lol:

Anyway another one i hate is garden in the air by BoA i just cant seem to like it no matter what lol i tried and tried but nope zip zilch blahhhhhhhhhhh

That's basically what I just said...except a said a man instead of her husband...

#28 aznality

aznality

BoA is my ONE and ONLY!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,350 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 07:17 AM

Eric from Shinhwa. Fobbiness at its max.

#29 Satokasu Suki

Satokasu Suki

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 08:28 AM

BoA knows next to perfect english.

I dunno about that. Her English is improving, but I wouldn't say it's next to perfect.

#30 kingofbeer

kingofbeer

One Fine Lesbian

• Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,283 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 09:32 AM

What comes to mind is...
"Mama says a man is dreamer"
-BoA, Dakishimeru
Also loved how she pronounced "message" 'meh-sa-jee' and "serenade" 'seh-reh-na-eed' (or 'seh-reh-na-dee'?) in "MOTO"... ha. I mean, come on.

hmmm... in Japanese the words for message (メッセージ/ pronounced "me (tiny pause) se ji") and serenade (セレナーデ/pronounced "se re na a de") are actual nouns in Japanese. although these words are borrowed from the English language, that is how they all pronounce it, and no one would understand you if you pronounced it like Canadians (or if they did they'd think you have a strong accent). maybe she just got too used to speaking those words in Japanese o.O.....

but yah that "Mama says a man is dreamer" was pretty gimp hahaha

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users